Reminiscent of atraditional African safari camp from a bygone era, Buffalo Camp offers the ultimate luxurious tented accommodation experience. Built from natural stone and wood, the luxury game lodge has an olde world atmosphere while being completely contemporary. All comforts are catered for in the plush tented suites and throughout this carefully appointed luxury safari lodge, with décor accent colours of burnt red and gold.
With a maximum of 16 guests at Buffalo Camp, special attention is paid to personal service and the staff become like friends. Kapama Buffalo Camp is a truly authentic way to experience the African bush.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||6 Jan 2017
to 30 Nov 2017
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||5 000.00|
|Description||1 Dec 2017
to 19 Dec 2017
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||6 240.00|
|Description||20 Dec 2017
to 5 Jan 2018
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||7 680.00|
|Description||6 Jan 2018
to 30 Nov 2018
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||6 240.00|
Kapama Buffalo Camp has eight safari tents, upholding the best traditions of a luxury safari camp. They are set on stilts high amongst the treetops overlooking a seasonal riverbed. The branches of bush willows and leadwood trees crowd towards your balcony, and as you scan the treetops, you might well look straight into the face of a vervet monkey staring right back at you. Raised wooden walkways connect the tented safari rooms and lead to the main lodge on the riverbank.
The wooden-floored tented rooms feature twin beds with white linen and African design bedspreads. Fleecy throws and heated under blankets keep out the cold on winter nights. Like any other luxury bedroom, Buffalo Camp suites have an en-suite bathroom with shower and a dressing room with wardrobe and suitcase stand. Leather finishes and a stand-alone fan give the decor an old African touch.
The African camp atmosphere is perpetuated at mealtimes with serve-yourself choices presented in heavy African cooking pots over a gentle flame. Hot and cold breakfast and lunch options are spread out across the servery, while dinner is prepared in the kitchen or cooked on the grill and served around an open fire in the circular traditional outdoor boma.
Buffalo Camp has a cosy lounge on the edge of the riverbank under a vaulted thatch with ceiling fans to help the air flow. The Buffalo Bar serves drinks all day and into the night until the last guest turns in. Upholstered chairs and sofas offer a restful place to sit and listen to birds in the surrounding trees.
Buffalo Camp’s pool terrace is small and intimate like the rest of the lodge. Big enough for a dip rather than a swim, this is the best place to cool off and rest under sun umbrellas on a hot African afternoon.
Kapama Game Reserve is so well positioned, not too far from habitation but still deep in the bush, enabling us to offer a truly superior range of activities. Two game drives per day and an optional bush walk is included in the all-inclusive Kapama safari package. All other activities are not included and will charged as extras.
Here’s a quick guide to what’s on offer, then read on for all the exciting details of each option:
- Game Drives and Bush Walks
- Romantic Sleepout
- Kapama Body & Skin Treatments
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Elephant Back Safari
- Kapama Thulumahashe Children’s Home
- Hoedspruit Centre for Endangered Species
- Private Dining
- Golf at Hans Merenski Championship Course
Single supplement – 50% of the per person sharing rate.
Rate inclusions: Accommodation, all meals, teas & snacks, local and premium drinks, two daily safari activities and return transfers from Eastgate Airport (HDS) on scheduled flights only.
Rate exclusions: Conservation levy of R135.00 per person per day, laundry and items of a personal nature.
Whilst guests are welcome to arrive in time for lunch, room check in will only be after 13h00 and checkout before 11h00 on day of departure. The child rate applies to children under the age of 12 years when sharing with two adults. Children
between the age of 6 and 12 years are permitted on game drives at the sole discretion of the ranger – No children under 6 year allowed on game drives.
- Buffalo Camp: 10 luxury tents – 20 guests
- Kapama Karula: 10 superior suites & 2 family superior suites – 28 guests
- River Lodge: 64 suites – 128 guests
- Southern Camp: 15 suites & 7 luxury suites & 3 family luxury suites – 56 guests
TERMS & CONDITIONS;
Full payment of the balance is due 30 days prior to guests arrival, unless the booking is made within 30 days, in which case full payment will be required to confirm the reservation.
A deposit is required to confirm a booking of:
- 365 + days prior to arrival – 5% deposit is required within 30 days.
- 364 and 90 days prior to arrival – 10% deposit is required within 14 days.
- 89 and 30 days prior to arrival – 25% deposit is required within 7 days.
- 30 and 0 days prior to arrival – 100% deposit is required within 2 days.
The following cancellation terms and conditions will apply to reservations which are cancelled in part or in full as follows;
- 365 + days prior to arrival – 5% of the total amount will be due.
- 364 and 90 days prior to arrival – 10% of the total amount will be due.
- 89 and 30 days prior to arrival – 25% of the total amount will be due.
- 30 and 0 days prior to arrival – 75% of the total amount will be due.
CHILDREN; No children under the age of 12 years can be accommodated at Buffalo Camp.
The Lodge reserves the right to restrict one night weekend or peak period bookings.
Last Minute Specials
- Single Per Night: on Request
- Per Person Per Night Sharing: 3 706.00 ZAR
- Rates valid until further notice unless otherwise specified
- Subject to availability
- Rates valid for Standard Rooms Only
- Specials are subject to standard terms and conditions.