Tinga Lodge - Amongst the legends of Kruger National Park.
Follow the footsteps of the leopard... We are always surprised at how a visit to Lion Sands can completely restore our energy and allow us to take a breath and relax. When you're right on the Sabie River, watching the animals, surrounded by bush and sky, you really feel like you've escaped from the world.
Tinga Lodge, with nine private suites, making it a very personal experience. Life at Lion Sands has a timeless quality, where you can get lost in a moment, and take the time to really explore this piece of Africa on the banks of the Sabie River. If you want to escape from real life, Lion Sands is where you need to go.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Villa - Single|
|11 Jan 2017 to 30 Nov 2017||17 090.00|
|01 Dec 2017 to 17 Dec 2017||14 530.00|
|18 Dec 2017 to 04 Jan 2018||19 655.00|
|05 Jan 2018 to 10 Jan 2018||17 090.00|
|11 Jan 2018 to 30 Nov 2018||19 165.00|
|01 Dec 2018 to 17 Dec 2018||16 295.00|
|18 Dec 2018 to 30 Apr 2019||22 035.00|
|Villa - Per person sharing|
|11 Jan 2017 to 30 Nov 2017||11 395.00|
|01 Dec 2017 to 17 Dec 2017||9 685.00|
|18 Dec 2017 to 04 Jan 2018||13 105.00|
|05 Jan 2018 to 10 Jan 2018||11 395.00|
|11 Jan 2018 to 30 Nov 2018||12 775.00|
|01 Dec 2018 to 17 Dec 2018||10 860.00|
|18 Dec 2018 to 30 Apr 2019||14 690.00|
Please be advised that this hotel works on a Best Available Rate system based on the current occupancy at the hotel. Please enquire about our current rates.
|Per person sharing||Single|
|0 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017||8,235.00||12,355.00|
Last Minute Special Check in 1-10 Days from the date of booking
|Per person sharing||Single|
|0 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017||7,075.00||10,615.00|
There is a peak period and minimum 3 night stay at all properties from the 18 December 2017 – 3 January 2018.
- Luxurious accommodation in a Luxury, Superior Luxury Room / Suite (River Lodge) and in a suite with private lounge and plunge pool ; Three meals per day; Teas/Coffees; Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger & tracker; Game drive refreshments & snacks; Specified inclusive safari activities; Skukuza Airport transfers,. Wi-Fi in public areas
- Laundry; Beverages; Cigars & cigarettes; All flights and transfers (other than Skukuza Airport); Gratuities; Telephone calls; Curio shop purchases; Spa treatments; Sabi Sand & KNP Entrance fees;
- Any additional extras will be for the guests’ account Sabi Sand Guest Conservation Contribution; this is a mandatory contribution: R 100 per guest per day. (Non-VATable)
Book three nights and receive 2 free nights in a More Quarter’s1 Bedroom Luxury Apartment.
Maximum 2 rooms/4 guests
Must specify “SeeMORE Package” on enquiry. If not requested and stipulated at time of reservation with MORE, the package will not be honoured
Block Out Dates: 1 – 15 February 2017; 18 Dec 2017 – 3 Jan 2018;1 - 15 February 2018; 18 December 2018 - 3 January 2019; 1-15 February 2019
Maximum 2 rooms/4 guests
Book a minimum of six nights at any MORE property / properties in one itinerary, and receive a further 5% off your contracted Rate.
Must specify “DiscoverMORE Package” on enquiry and properties must be requested and booked at the same time. If not requested and stipulated at time of reservation with MORE, the package will not be honoured.
Breathtaking, exquisite beauty awaits you at both of Tinga's Private Game Lodges - and that's just inside your luxury room. Measuring approximately 120 square metres, each suite boasts a comfortable lounge, luxurious bedroom and beautifully appointed en-suite bathroom.
Surrender yourself to the opulence of your suite or step outside and appreciate Africa 's natural beauty from the privacy of your own game viewing deck. Each suite has been strategically positioned to ensure the best possible, unspoilt view of the Sabie River and the African bush. You can even unwind in your own private plunge pool after a day spent tracking the "Big Five" or taking in the exquisite beauty of the African bushveld.
- Private lounge
- Private outdoor shower (at Narina)
- Extra length king size beds
- Overhead fans
- Mini bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Satellite television
- Writing desk
- International electrical adapters
- Large electronic safe
- ISDN lines
- Direct dial telephones
- Under floor heating
Whilst it is unlikely that you will ever tire of tracking the "Big Five" and viewing the plethora of game on display at Tinga Private Game Lodge, both of our lodges boast a range of excellent facilities designed to make your time spent at the lodge as exciting or relaxing as you want it to be.
Enjoy a delicious meal, or a refreshing drink and snack on the large, partly shaded river deck overlooking the Sabie river.
Our well-stocked cellar includes a vast selection of local and international wines, as well as sparkling wine and champagne.
Luxurious and inviting, our library is the perfect retreat when you're looking for some quiet or solitude.
A popular outdoor eating and socialising area where you can enjoy Tinga's fantastic gourmet meals to the sounds of the African wild.
Lounge and bar
Relax with a cool drink and reflect on the day's game viewing in our comfortable lounge or at the bar.
Warm temperatures for much of the year make an inviting, sparkling swimming pool a must-have feature. Cool off in style in the refreshing pool off the main deck at Legends.
Full Internet, satellite television and fax facilities mean you are never out of touch with the rest of the world.
Stocked with a range of fashionable bush wear, luggage and African artifacts, our exclusive boutique is the perfect place to indulge any need for some retail therapy. Basic necessities like cameras, film and batteries are also available for purchase and you can pick up a souvenir or two to make the friends and family back home green with envy.
- Luxurious accommodation in a Luxury, Superior Luxury Room / Suite (River Lodge) and in a suite with private lounge and plunge pool (Tinga Lodge & Narina Lodge);
- Three meals per day; Teas/Coffees; Mini bar in room; Inclusive drinks & selected snacks (all soft drinks and selection of local beers, spirits & house wines);
- Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger & tracker; Game drive refreshments & snacks;
- Specified inclusive safari activities;
- Skukuza Airport transfers,
- Wi-fi in public areas
- Inclusive of 14% VAT (subject to government change)
- Quoted in South African Rands (ZAR)
- Laundry; Premium brand beers, spirits, cellar wines & champagnes; Cigars & cigarettes;
- All flights and transfers (other than Skukuza Airport); Gratuities;
- Telephone calls; Curio shop purchases; Spa treatments;
- Any additional extras will be for the guests’ account
- Sabi Sand & KNP Entrace fees;
Sabi Sand Guest Conservation Contribution: this is a mandatory contribution, R100 per guest per day (Non VATable)
Single Room Policy
An allocation of rooms/suites is kept for single travellers where a supplement will not apply. These rooms/suites are subject to availability.
- A supplement of 50% of the adult rate will be applied if the single rooms/suites are not available.
- Single supplements will not be waivered when a booking involves one of the MORE Experiences.
Triple Room & Interconnecting Rooms
3rd person sharing will be restricted to children under the age of 16
Two suites have sleeper couches which are suitable for triple rooms and booking of these rooms is subject to availability
- The rate for the third person in a triple room is 50% of the per person sharing rate (maximum 3 pax)
- There are no interconnecting suites at Lion Sands Tinga & Narina Lodges
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 10years
- Children aged 10-15 years pay 50% of the full adult sharing rate.
- Children aged 16 years and older pay full adult rate.
- If two children under 10 are in a room on their own, the first child pays full adult sharing rate (inclusive of interconnecting room)
Private Land Rover
- ZAR 6,950.00 per day
Rates are quoted per vehicle “per night booked” from 2pm on first day to 11am the following day.
Minimum 2 day booking and subject to availability.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- 50% deposit is due on confirmation of booking to secure the reservation, of which 10 % is non-refundable.
- Full prepayment must be received no later than 40 days prior to arrival. For bookings made within 40 days of travel, full payment is required on confirmation. Besides the 10% non refundable deposit, refunds thereafter are at the discretion of management and if agreed, is subject to a 10% administration fee.
- Please note that cancellation fees are charged on any amendments, reduction in rooms or reduction in guests which affect the original value of the confirmed booking.
- 31 – 60 days prior to arrival: 25 % cancellation fee on the value of the booking
- 0 – 30 days prior to arrival: 100 % cancellation fee on the value of the booking