Breakaway to Ingwenyama Conference & Sport Resort
A beautiful, tranquil country estate nestled in the town of White River, Mpumalanga on the outskirts of Nelspruit or otherwise known as Mbombela, known for its great food, comfy accommodation, superb facilities and immaculate gardens. A mere 4 hour drives from the bustling city life of Johannesburg and Pretoria.
Ingwenyama is 35 kms away from the world famous Biosphere Kruger National Park, the closest gate being the Numbi Gate. We are 20km from Nelspruit town, 18km from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, 5km from Nelspruit and the gateway to the Panorama route.
Ingwenyama is a sought after destination for those wanting to escape the city life, for the corporate seeking a unique business experience or for the sporting team looking for a pre-season camp facility.
We have been very privileged over the last 22 years in hosting many dignitaries and VIP’s but for us our biggest accolade to date has been the privilege in being one of 32 venues in South Africa to host a world cup squad in 2010, we hosted Chile.
Ingwenyama Conference & Sports Resort has been striving to make this winning resort the perfect place for work and play. This is a difficult balance to achieve but following recent developments we believe we have created a truly unique destination catering for all guest requirements in an absolutely spectacular setting.
|Details||01 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017|
|Standard Room Single||1 195|
|Standard Room Per Person Per Night Sharing||870|
|Deluxe Room Single||1 315|
|Deluxe Room Per Person Per Night Sharing||950|
|Suite Single||1 390|
|Suite Per Person Per Night Sharing||1 015|
|Details||01 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018|
|Standard Room Single||1 280|
|Standard Room Per Person Per Night Sharing||935|
|Deluxe Room Single||1 435|
|Deluxe Room Per Person Per Night Sharing||1 045|
|Suite Single||1 520|
|Suite Per Person Per Night Sharing||1 110|
Standard Room: Single - R1 200,00 Sharing - R 800,00
Deluxe Room: Single - R1 320,00 Sharing - R 885,00
Rates are quoted per person per night and are inclusive of accommodation, breakfast and VAT at 14%
- Children 12 years and younger are accommodated free of of charge, room only when sharing with parents. Maximum 1 child.
- Children 13 years and older are accommodated in their own rooms and pay full adult rates
Triple Sharing: Not applicable, rooms accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 1 child under the age of 13
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The above rates are valid for SA & SADC residents only
- A South African ID or passport number will be required when confirming the reservation and on check-in at the property
- Valid for new reservations only from date of issue
- There is a limited allocation of rooms available on the above rates and standard rates will be charged if the allocation is full
- The above rates are valid for individual reservations and may not be used for group bookings of 5 or more rooms
- The gate entry fees stated above are subject to change without prior notification
LONG WEEKENDS & MIN NIGHT STAY PERIODS:
17 - 21 March 2017; 14 - 18 April 2017; 27 April - 02 May 2017; 15 - 18 June 2017; 22 - 25 September 2017
15 December 2017 - 03 January 2018
Standard Terms and conditions apply, please quote the following booking code at time of reservation- DOMSUM
Conferencing & Functions
Ingwenyama Conference & Sport Resort is the Leading Meetings and Conference Resort in the Lowveld with 10 venues to choose from, Ingwenyama boasts state-of-the-art conference facilities, a fully equipped business centre, delicious cuisine and highly professional support personnel to ensure that your company conference is a slick, successful event. If you can dream it we can do it.
Team building is the use of different types of team interventions that are aimed at enhancing social relations and clarifying team members’ roles, as well as solving task and interpersonal problems that affect team functioning.
Team building was originally a group process intervention aimed at improving interpersonal relations and social interactions but over time has developed to include achieving results, meeting goals and accomplishing tasks.
There is consensus and conceptual clarity about what team building constitutes exactly. The four components are:
Goal setting: emphasizes setting objectives and developing individual and team goals. Team members become involved in action planning to identify ways to achieve goals. It is designed to strengthen team member motivation to achieve team goals and objectives.
Role clarification: emphasizes increasing communication among team members regarding their respective roles within the team. Team members improve their understanding of their own and others’ respective roles and duties within the team. The team, and how best to use it, allows members to understand why clear roles are important. The members should also realize that they are interdependent and the failure of one team member leads to the failure of the entire team.
Problem solving: emphasizes identifying major task-related problems within the team. Team members become involved in action planning, implementing solutions to identified problems and to evaluate those solutions. They practice setting goals, developing interpersonal relations, clarifying team roles, and working to improve organizational characteristics through problem-solving tasks. Interpersonal relations management: this intervention emphasizes increasing teamwork skills (i.e. mutual supportiveness, communication, and sharing of feelings). Team members develop trust in one another and confidence in the team. Environment: teams are not closed systems. It is critical that they interact effectively with their external environments. Teams need good diplomatic relationships with key managers, union officials, other teams, and the functions that affect their performance. Team members must feel free to disagree with each other during team meetings but should present a united, positive front to the rest of the organization.
Challenges to team building
There are three challenges that team builders will face regarding effective team building.
- The lack of teamwork skills in tomorrow’s workforce: one of the challenges facing leaders of organizations is to find employees who have the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- The increasing need for teams to work together in virtual workplaces and across organizational boundaries.
- Globalization and teamwork: the globalization of industry also will make teamwork more challenging in the future. Teams of the future will be compared more and more of team members who have dissimilar languages, cultures, values and approaches to solving the problems.
So what we do is custom design our exercises to the wants and needs of every business and what they would like to achieve. We have a various programmes we run and will be happy to sit and discuss your needs and suggest some great ideas and programmes to run with your team. As we like to say we are Chosen by teams on the move and champion teams, so we can most definitely assist your team.
A wedding day is not only important, but it’s also a very special day. Ingwenyama has a dedicated wedding specialist who takes couples through the journey of wedding planning. From quotations to cutting the cake, we manage every step. We offer an on-site Chapel, Honeymoon Suite and a range of banquets venues. We also offer wedding reception venues and picturesque gardens thus bringing any dream wedding to life. We have a host of wedding packages all of which cater for any type of budget. A wedding at Ingwenyama can be a dream come true.
Wedding facilities include:
- A variety of menu options
We highly recommend coming through to visit our property to view on facilities in person, kindly contact one of our team members to book your appointment.
The above rates are quoted per person per night
- Accommodation, breakfast, TOMSA levy and VAT at 14%
- Buffet Dinner Rates: (2017) R220,00 (2018) R 260,00 per person per night
- The above rates are applicable for groups of 10 or more rooms. Dinner must be pre-booked 72 hours prior to arrival.
Driver / Guide Policy:
- Applicable for group bookings and for bona fide tour leaders, guides and drivers only
- 1 x single room FOC if 10 - 20 full paying rooms are confirmed, bed and breakfast basis
- 2 x single rooms FOC if 21 or more full paying rooms are confirmed, bed and breakfast bais
- Should the group be booked on a DBB (Half Board) basis then the complimentary room/s will include dinner as well
- Children 12 years and younger are accommodated free of of charge, room only when sharing with parents. Maximum 1 child
- Children 13 years and older are accommodated in their own rooms and pay full adult rates
- Not applicable, rooms accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 1 child under the age of 13
- Charged at the per person sharing rate, limited to 15 triple rooms available
The estate has 97 rooms, with en-suite bathrooms, satellite television and complimentary Wi-Fi. It is well known for its excellent service delivered by a team of dedicated staff. Our restaurant, offers an al a carte experience or buffet with menus that reflect our executive chef’s passion for the freshest seasonal produce available, and a wine list that will cater for most wine connoisseurs. We have to offer a change in food scenery the boma or the lapa for a traditional menu and being outdoors enjoying the traditional boma fire.
The outdoor lap pool next to the pool bar is perfect for a weekend of unwinding and relaxation. Visit our bar for pre or post dinner drinks, enjoy a sumptuous buffet breakfast in our restaurant, and order a gourmet picnic to savour on your adventures and explorations of the Lowveld area. We have four great golf courses within a pitching wedge of Ingwenyama for those Dads who do not want to explore the sights sounds or Malls in the area.