Jackalberry Lodge islocated in the game rich Thornybush Private Game Reserve in the Limpopo Province adjacent to the Kruger National Park in South Africa. The majestic Drakensberg Mountains provide a spectacular backdrop for this intimate camp, offering magnificent views.
This lodge is named after the beautiful Jackalberry Tree, which occurs widely in the bushveld of the Limpopo Province. It is just one of the fascinating trees and shrubs which allows the bushveld to support such a wide variety of animal and insect life. The bush around the lodge teems with game. More than sixty species of wildlife can be found in the immediate vicinity, including lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino, elephant, hyena and cheetah.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017|
|Suites/Honeymoon/Family single per night||
|Suites/Honeymoon/Family per person per nigh sharing||
|Children(2-5 yrs) per person per nigh sharing||
|Children(6-11 yrs) per person per nigh sharing||
- Terms | Conditions
The luxury accommodation for up to 16 guests creates a restful ethnic ambiance in harmony with nature. Attention to detail and true South African hospitality will charm guests and leave them with a true sense of real beauty and warmth. Every sense is indulged in the chalet style rooms with en-suite bathroom, air conditioning and patios offering comfort and sheer decadence with African flair.
- Tea/Coffee Station
- Guest Amenities
- Mini Bar
- Mosquito Nets
- Private patio
- Morning and afternoon/evening game safaris
- Walking and birding safaris can also be arranged as Jackalberry is a paradise for bird-watchers
- Swimming Pool
- Curio Shop
- Internet and Satellite TV are also available
- Open-air dining area or around the fire in the boma Safari & ActivitiesJackalberry Lodge is situated within the Thornybush Private Game Reserve, one of the world’s premier Big Five game viewing areas.
The bush around the Lodge teems with game and more than sixty species of wildlife can be found in the immediate vicinity, including lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino, elephant, hyena and cheetah. Game drives or walking safaris, undertaken by highly trained rangers and trackers, offer the privilege of experiencing a true bushveld environment. Jackalberry is also a paradise for bird-watchers, where more than 280 species have been recorded.
Meetings | Events
The luxury accommodation for up to 16 guests creates a restful ethnic ambiance in harmony with nature. Attention to detail and true South African hospitality will charm guests and leave them with a true sense of real beauty and warmth.
Jackalberry Lodge is situated in the Thornybush Game Reserve on the edge of the Kruger National Park in South Africa. Scheduled daily flights to Eastgate Airport on South African Express Airways in pressurized turbine and jet aircraft, approximately a one-hour flight from Johannesburg International Airport. Eastgate Airport, booking code HDS, is located outside of Hoedspruit and is approximately 25 minutes by road from Thornybush Game Reserve. Road transfers from Eastgate Airport to the reserve are available.
N.B. The above rates are per person per night sharing, inclusive of VAT and are subject to a 50% single supplement.
- All meals, teas, coffees & snacks
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruiser vehicles and bushveld walks
- Children 2 – 5 yrs of age are not permitted on game drive – lodges do offer babysitting facilities at an additional cost
- Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
- Spa Facility, anything of a personal nature / anything not specified
- Simbambili Gate fee at Sabi Sands Reserve (per vehicle/per person)
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs
Tomsa Levy And Conservation Fees
- Conservation fee of R295.00 per person per booking. TOMSA Levy: R14.00 per person per night (5* Lodges)
- The Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy is payable on reservations invoice / guests are unable to pay / settle these costs at the various lodges.
- Children’s rates are based on guests under the age of 12 yrs sharing with 2 parent
- Children 0 – 1.99 yrs stay free of charge
- Babysitting services are available, at an additional cost at lodges equipped to accommodate children
- Children under the age of 6 yrs are not permitted on game drive. All children permitted on game drive are done so on Management’s discretion
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks.
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks. A special children’s program is available for younger guests staying at Thornybush Game Lodge and Thornybush Waterside Lodge – this is not a full day activity, time will be made during the day for the children. Children staying at Serondella, Monwana and Jackalberry will receive a Kiddies Backpack.
- Children are accommodated as follows: Jackalberry Lodge : 1 Family Suite comprising 2 bedrooms / 1 bathroom
Deposit and Payment Policy
- To secure a booking, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is due 40 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 40 days of the scheduled date of arrival, in this case full payment is required on confirmation.
- All other extras must be settled with The Lodge prior to departure.
- Please note that a reservation is not confirmed or secured until this deposit requirement has been paid in full. We reserve the right, without notice to the client, to release any accommodation held where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
Upon confirmation of reservation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to:
- 60 to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 25% Cancellation fees
- 30 to 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% Cancellation fees
- All deposits of 25 % received on confirmation are Non-Refundable.
- Refunds, are at the discretion of management and if agreed, is subject to a 10% administration fee.