Monwana Game Lodge islocated next to Greater Kruger National Park, within the famous Thornybush Nature Reserve is the award winning Monwana Game Lodge. This elegant lodge is the ideal getaway for honeymooners, couples and families wanting to experience 4-star accommodations, gourmet cuisine and the ultimate in "Big Five" game viewing.
Monwana Game Lodge is designed with Africa in mind, from draped bed posts to wraparound wooden verandas. After a day's game viewing our guests spend their evenings either watching herds of impala stroll by in the comfort of their own private decks, spending quality time with their little ones in the privacy of their own front gardens, or enjoying candle lit intimacy with a significant other - while our personalised service and world class cuisine wait on you.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017|
|Suite Single Per Night||
|Suite Per Person Per Night Sharing||
|Honeymoon Suite Single Per Night||
|Honeymoon Suite Per Person Per Night Sharing||
|Monwana Suite Single Per Night||
|Monwana Suite Per Person Per Night Sharing||
|Children 6 - 11 yrs Per Person Per Night Sharing||
|Children 2 - 5 yrs Per Person Per Night Sharing||
- Terms | Conditions
Awe-inspiring views and game safaris are complemented by the 4 star luxury accommodations. There are 4 suites in total; 2 Family suites, 1 luxury King size suite and 1 elegant Honeymoon suite each with its own private deck or patio overlooking rugged bushveld or the peaceful Monwana watering hole. Due to the intimate size of the lodge, a cosy ambiance and comfortable spacious layout has always been of the greatest importance to Monwana Game Lodge staff and guests.
The Luxury King size suite provides royal intimacy with its en-suite king size room, king size bed swathed in cloth, adjoining private lounge, open fireplace and mini bar. It also offers a large private deck overlooking the waterhole. The Family suites sleep 4 and provide ultimate family comfort with air-conditioned spacious rooms, large fully equipped bathrooms, luxurious bed linen and an unpretentious style that is at once both homely and graceful. Similarly to the King size suite, the Family suites' wooded patio allows for fantastic outdoor evening entertaining. The Deluxe Honeymoon suite is the ultimate in indulgence. Offering breathtaking bedroom views, the luxurious open plan bathroom includes a large sunken bath from which to view exquisite vistas over the savannah. The outdoor veranda is carefully designed for intimate entertaining and romantic retreat. All individual suites boast full en-suite bathrooms with both bath and shower facilities. Sweeping panoramic views over the untamed bushveld and ever active waterholes can be viewed from the large glass windows.
Monwana Game Lodge is located in the middle of approximately 12,000 hectares of nature reserve. The lodges views and vistas are a photographer's paradise. This, coupled with the comfort of the lodge's socialising hub will help create memories that will last a lifetime. During the day, guests can enjoy the deck at one of the two central living areas which overlooks the banks of the dry Monwana River bed, the ecological backbone of the Thornybush Nature Reserve. Experiencing magic is easy at Monwana Game Lodge. The Boma offers a three course table d'hote dinner or braai accompanied by a choice of superb Cape wines to be enjoyed under the African night sky.
Hospitality is world class with undivided attention to personal service and cuisine, while the surroundings and African bush night life are unforgettable. For high tea and ultimate relaxing The Gazebo, an open air thatched lounge, is a prime spot overlooking the watering hole. This focal point of Monwana Game Lodge provides the perfect environment for guests to socialise or simply enjoy viewing the assortment of animals visiting the waterhole. The Gazebo oozes attention to detail, from colonial wooden bookshelves and restful couches to animal prints and weathered carpets. In winter, the Gazebo provides the perfect comfort to keep you warm and snug. With an open fire place and a selection of drinks and snacks on offer you will be made to feel at home.
Millions of visitors from around the globe flock to South Africa to experience the legendary wildlife that South African game parks offer, and Thornybush Nature Reserve definitely won't disappoint. Located near the Kruger National Park, the nature reserve provides approximately 12 000 hectares of game and bird viewing, exclusively for your pleasure. At Monwana Game Lodge experience the regal 'Big five' of South African wildlife, which includes one of the most impressive land animals on earth, the Elephant as well as the Leopard, Rhino, Lion and Buffalo. Find peace in the sound of crickets under a star studded sky or, study the resident bird life particularly the "Big Six" which includes the Saddle-billed Stork, Kori Bustard, Martial Eagle, Lappet-faced Vulture, Pel's Fishing owl and Ground Hornbill. Game drives are experienced in custom-made, open topped Land Rovers, along with a tracker and a highly experienced guide.
The game drives offer exhilarating adventures, from experiencing the thundering roar of lions across an endless savannah, to catching a glimpse of a camouflaged cheetah or a hippopotamus guarding its young. Walking safaris are no less thrilling, letting oneself get in tune with nature while walking through vast landscapes. With our trained guides and trackers and extensive knowledge of South African wildlife, guests leave Monwana Game Lodge with a not only unforgettable memories but stories that they will pass on. Both morning and afternoon game drives are relaxed and informative. The afternoon game drive begins at the lodge with High Tea and goes on until after the sun has gone down, allowing visitors to view seldom seen nocturnal species by spotlight as they wonder out of sheltered hideouts to drink, forage and stalk. The concept of a 'safari' paints an adventurous picture, filled with hazy sunsets and untamed wildlife, we can't wait to be part of your South African Safari experience.
N.B. The above rates are per person per night sharing, inclusive of VAT and are subject to a 50% single supplement.
- All meals, teas, coffees & snacks
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruiser vehicles and bushveld walks
- Children 2 – 5 yrs of age are not permitted on game drive – lodges do offer babysitting facilities at an additional cost
- Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
- Spa Facility, anything of a personal nature / anything not specified
- Simbambili Gate fee at Sabi Sands Reserve (per vehicle/per person)
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs
Tomsa Levy And Conservation Fees
- Conservation fee of R295.00 per person per booking. TOMSA Levy: R14.00 per person per night (5* Lodges)
- The Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy is payable on reservations invoice / guests are unable to pay / settle these costs at the various lodges.
- Children’s rates are based on guests under the age of 12 yrs sharing with 2 parent
- Children 0 – 1.99 yrs stay free of charge
- Babysitting services are available, at an additional cost at lodges equipped to accommodate children
- Children under the age of 6 yrs are not permitted on game drive. All children permitted on game drive are done so on Management’s discretion
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks.
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks. A special children’s program is available for younger guests staying at Thornybush Game Lodge and Thornybush Waterside Lodge – this is not a full day activity, time will be made during the day for the children. Children staying at Serondella, Monwana and Jackalberry will receive a Kiddies Backpack.
- Children are accommodated as follows:
- Monwana Lodge : 2 suites sharing an inter-leading door
Monwana Suite comprises 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms – children’s rate on req.
Deposit and Payment Policy
- To secure a booking, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is due 40 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 40 days of the scheduled date of arrival, in this case full payment is required on confirmation.
- All other extras must be settled with The Lodge prior to departure.
- Please note that a reservation is not confirmed or secured until this deposit requirement has been paid in full. We reserve the right, without notice to the client, to release any accommodation held where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
Upon confirmation of reservation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to:
- 60 to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 25% Cancellation fees
- 30 to 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% Cancellation fees
- All deposits of 25 % received on confirmation are Non-Refundable.
- Refunds, are at the discretion of management and if agreed, is subject to a 10% administration fee.