With a capacity of onlyfour exclusive suites, nKaya Lodge offers the discerning guest the very best in privacy and is the ideal destination for a quiet, peaceful safari. Set on the crest of a hill that overlooks the Drakensberg mountain range and shaded by tall trees, N'Kaya Lodge boasts spacious double suites each with private lounges and twin en-suite amenities.
This Lodge has recently undergone a soft furnishings upgrade and uniquely in the Collection has the flexibility of providing guests with either eight single en-suite facilities, or 4 spacious completely self contained suites, each with a his and hers bathroom and comfortable lounge area for private entertaining and relaxation. Built around an inviting pool area for all four suites, this Lodge boasts too, an excellent bar, dining and lounge facilities and an outside Boma area for night time Dining.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017|
|Suites per person per night sharing||
- Terms | Conditions
Exclusive and private, with a capacity of only four exclusive suites , N’Kaya Lodge offers the discerning guest the very best in privacy and is the ideal destination for a quiet, peaceful safari.
Set on the crest of a hill that overlooks the Drakensberg mountain range and shaded by tall trees, n’Kaya Lodge boasts spacious double suites each with private lounges and twin en-suite amenities.
The lounge, bar and verandah are decorated in warm earthy tones and indigenous woods and allows guests to spend their time in between game drives to relax in total tranquility while catching up with some reading or sampling some of the lodge’s award winning wines.
At the end of each day, the focal point of the lodge becomes the enormous fireplace in the lounge where guests can listen to the crackle of the fire and the night sounds of Africa as the animals come to drink at the floodlit waterhole.
- Four suites (eight guests)
- Eight singles can be accommodated if required
- Wine cellar
- En-suite bath and shower
- Children can be accommodated on request
Guests staying at N’Kaya Game Lodge can make arrangements with their hosts to use the spa arrangements at the Thornybush Game Lodge Spa Centre. Charges are billed to guests direct.
N'Kaya offers unique exclusive Safari experiences in both open Land Rovers, and on foot. The private reserve is home to an abundance of species: 147 mammals including the "Big Five", 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees. The reserve is predominantly open savannah and with a near perfect year round climate, it is the ideal African safari holiday destination.
Road transfers and self drive route from Johannesburg on the N4, until the Belfast turns-off is reached. Proceed through Belfast and on to Dullstroom, continue through Lyndenburg and Ohrigstad, on to Hoedspruit and follow the signs to Thornybush. Guests arriving by air at Hoedspruit (Eastgate Airport) can either transfer by road or by air to Thornybush.
N.B. The above rates are per person per night sharing, inclusive of VAT and are subject to a 50% single supplement.
- All meals, teas, coffees & snacks
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruiser vehicles and bushveld walks
- Children 2 – 5 yrs of age are not permitted on game drive – no babysitting at n’Kaya Lodge
- Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
- Spa Facility, anything of a personal nature / anything not specified
- Simbambili Gate fee at Sabi Sands Reserve (per vehicle/per person)
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs
Tomsa Levy And Conservation Fees
- Conservation fee of R295.00 per person per booking. TOMSA Levy: R14.00 per person per night (5* Lodges)
- The Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy is payable on reservations invoice / guests are unable to pay / settle these costs at the various lodges.
- Children’s rates are based on guests under the age of 12 yrs sharing with 2 parent
- Children 0 – 1.99 yrs stay free of charge
- Babysitting services are available, at an additional cost at lodges equipped to accommodate children
- Children under the age of 6 yrs are not permitted on game drive. All children permitted on game drive are done so on Management’s discretion
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks.
- N’Kaya Lodge accepts children under the age of 12 on request. No babysitting service available at this lodge
Deposit and Payment Policy
- To secure a booking, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is due 40 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 40 days of the scheduled date of arrival, in this case full payment is required on confirmation.
- All other extras must be settled with The Lodge prior to departure.
- Please note that a reservation is not confirmed or secured until this deposit requirement has been paid in full. We reserve the right, without notice to the client, to release any accommodation held where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
Upon confirmation of reservation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to:
- 60 to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 25% Cancellation fees
- 30 to 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% Cancellation fees
- All deposits of 25 % received on confirmation are Non-Refundable.
- Refunds, are at the discretion of management and if agreed, is subject to a 10% administration fee.