Nkelenga Camp accommodates8 to 9 guests and operates its own open land rover. The Camp, equipped with ample fridge and freezer storage, is ideal for families, groups of friends or even informal business breakaways and is our only Camp with DSTV for guest’s enjoyment. Ranger,Tracker and Housekeeper are provided for guest comfort and Game viewing excellence.
Situated in the heart of the Thornybush Game Reserve, visitors are treated to a location that features some of the areas' most awe-inspiring vista's. Boasting a bouquet of flora and fauna, Nkelenga Tented Camp provides the visitor with a rustic, humbling experience. Sprawling within a fenced area and under a mighty Acacia Tree, this home from home looks over a large watering hole.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017|
|Tents Self Catering - Monday to Thursday||10 080.00|
|Tents Self Catering - Weekends, Public Holidays & Long Weekends||13 440.00|
|Description||1 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018|
|Tents Self Catering - Monday to Thursday||11 325.00|
|Tents Self Catering - Weekends, Public Holidays & Long Weekends||15 100.00|
Whole camp Max 10 pax (8 pax max on game drive vehicle)
- Terms | Conditions
Accommodation 8-9 guest, Nkelenga provides a self catering experience to be shared with those close to you. A well appointed, air-conditioned main house with loft is perfect for children, whilst the three en-suite tents are reminiscent of the colonial era of exploration. Comfortably furnished, this tented paradise provides the guest with an intimated experience of bush whether it is viewed from the swimming pool or on one of the many bush trail.
Facilities & Services
- 4 en-suite (3tents)
- Mezzanine with 3 beds
- Swimming pool
- lounge/dining room
- self catering camp
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Wake up calls
- Private open safari vehicle
- DSTV (with card)
Warm African evenings under the stars make Nkelenga Tented camp an ideal home away from the world. The sheer enjoyment of un-spoilt nature, the invigorating air and the open vistas ,will leave you relaxed and energized for your return to civilization.
Operators of the Thornybush Game Lodge Spa Centre, have just completed the construction and renovation of existing Spa facilities at this flagship five star game lodge. The new centre, almost three times the size of the previous operation and with two full-time therapists, will offer a full range of treatments for Thornybush Game Lodge guests.
Guests staying at Nkelenga Tented Camp can make arrangements with Thornybush Reception to use the spa. Charges are billed to guests direct.
Nkelenga Tented Camp offers unique exclusive Safari experiences in both open Land Rovers, and on foot. The private reserve is home to an abundance of species: 147 mammals including the "Big Five", 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees. The reserve is predominantly open savannah and with a near perfect year round climate, it is the ideal African safari holiday destination.
Game drives and walks are accompanied by highly trained, and experienced rangers and trackers, ensuring that your African Safari experience is truly memorable. A typical day will include an early morning up-close game drive. The afternoon game drive extends into the evening to view seldom seen nocturnal species by torchlight. Once again, you will break somewhere out in the bush.
- Panorama Tour
- Cheetah Breeding Project
- Balloon Safari (Private Launches also available)
- Flight Of The Dragon
Road transfers and self drive route from Johannesburg on the N4, until the Belfast turns-off is reached. Proceed through Belfast and on to Dullstroom, continue through Lyndenburg and Ohrigstad, on to Hoedspruit and follow the signs to Thornybush. Guests arriving by air at Hoedspruit (Eastgate Airport) can either transfer by road or by air to Thornybush.
N.B. The above rates are per person per night sharing, inclusive of VAT and are subject to a 50% single supplement.
- All meals, teas, coffees & snacks
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruiser vehicles and bushveld walks
- Children 2 – 5 yrs of age are not permitted on game drive – lodges do offer babysitting facilities at an additional cost
- Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
- Spa Facility, anything of a personal nature / anything not specified
- Simbambili Gate fee at Sabi Sands Reserve (per vehicle/per person)
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs
Tomsa Levy And Conservation Fees
- Conservation fee of R295.00 per person per booking. TOMSA Levy: R14.00 per person per night (5* Lodges)
- The Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy is payable on reservations invoice / guests are unable to pay / settle these costs at the various lodges.
- Children’s rates are based on guests under the age of 12 yrs sharing with 2 parent
- Children 0 – 1.99 yrs stay free of charge
- Babysitting services are available, at an additional cost at lodges equipped to accommodate children
- Children under the age of 6 yrs are not permitted on game drive. All children permitted on game drive are done so on Management’s discretion
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks.
Deposit and Payment Policy
- To secure a booking, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is due 40 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 40 days of the scheduled date of arrival, in this case full payment is required on confirmation.
- All other extras must be settled with The Lodge prior to departure.
- Please note that a reservation is not confirmed or secured until this deposit requirement has been paid in full. We reserve the right, without notice to the client, to release any accommodation held where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
Upon confirmation of reservation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to:
- 60 to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 25% Cancellation fees
- 30 to 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% Cancellation fees
- All deposits of 25 % received on confirmation are Non-Refundable.
- Refunds, are at the discretion of management and if agreed, is subject to a 10% administration fee.