It's a vast, wild placewhere the lions roam at Shumbalala Game Lodge, deep in the Thornybush Game Reserve, one of the country's great tracts of untamed game-viewing. Set as it is in a dry, singeing savanna of Mopane, Acacias and Umbrella thorns, quartered by easterly-flowing rivers densely shrouded in giant figs, fever trees and phoenix palms, the land is an ancient tapestry of natural wonder.
It is even more of an adventure when you stumble upon a leopard lazing in the V of a Jackalberry tree or; a hyena giving you a lazy yellow eye in the gathering dusk; a majestic bull elephant crashing its way through the riverine thicket in search of sweet reeds or; a surprise sunrise encounter with a lion pride on the prowl.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017|
|Superior Suites Single||11 850.00|
|Superior Suites Per Person Per Night Sharing||7 900.00|
|Presidential Single||19 040.00|
|Presidential Per Person Per Night Sharing||9 520.00|
|Additional pax Presidential||9 520.00|
|Entire Camp (8 pax)||59 790.00|
|Entire Camp (10 pax)||76 925.00|
- Terms | Conditions
In addition to the Superior Suites our Presidential Suite is a true haven of opulence and space offering unexpected luxury and exclusivity in the African bush. The Presidential Suite, a total of 225sqm includes two full en-suite bedrooms, a private dining room, private lounge, fireplace, wrap around private deck with outside dining facilities, a private boma and private plunge pool. The understated décor is African modern while the expansive wooden decking around the suite provides a perfect platform from which to experience the spectacularly wild african game and bush.
If you prefer, meals can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own suite either in the private dining room next to the fireplace or outside next to a roaring open boma fire during the hot summer evenings. All complimented by friendly and professional service. The spacious private suites consist of a bedroom and lounge, en-suite bathroom, large glass sliding doors and private viewing decks with a view over the ever active water hole. Natural colours, wooden decks and thatched roofs compliment the bushveld surroundings.
Standard amenities include overhead fans and air-conditioning providing welcome relief from the bushveld climate. Open fireplaces for the cooler winters, and designer "picture window" bathroom suites provide for an atmosphere that is Africa and romance at once. Features like additional secluded outside shower cater for the more adventurous! Comfortable beds with embroided percale cotton linen with lush duvets and choice of pillows is romantically draped by mosquito netting. Relax in the in-room lounge or on your private viewing deck, read a book or just soak up the tranquility, smells and sound of the bush that surround you!
Enjoy the unspoilt nature and African bushveld with its dramatic vistas in the comfort and luxury of your suite.
- Two en-suite bedrooms, king and twin bedded with
- Pure Cotton Percale Linen with a choice of pillows
- Mosquito Netting
- Private Boma with outside fireplace
- Private Dining Room
- Private Lounge
- Private Plunge Pool
- Butlers Kitchen
- Private Service Available
- Individual Air-conditioning
- Overhead Fans
- Safe in room
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Direct Dial Telephone
- Cellphone Reception (3G)
- Full En-Suite Bathrooms including:
- Shaver Plugs
- Additional Outside Shower
- Full range of amenities
In addition to the game viewing activities guests have time to relax and enjoy the surroundings on the game viewing decks overlooking the water hole frequented by game. There are two welcoming lounges inviting you to sit back and enjoy the pampering. Spend lazy afternoons at the pool, reading in our private library with a selection of wildlife books, select a prized African gift in our curio shop, bird watching or just relax in the comfort of your suite.
Dinner is a sumptuous affair prepared by our in-house chef catering for your specific preferences. Depending on the weather, meals are served at a variety of locations for your enjoyment. Enjoy brunch on the veranda overlooking the riverbed, high tea on the viewing deck overlooking the water hole; enjoy the open air boma with fireplace at night time where dinner is also served. In addition there is an elegant dining room for the cooler evenings with it's inviting lounge and fireplace. Enjoy your interaction with other guests at this time sharing the experiences of a different kind. A romantic dinner in our specially designed cellar with a view over the water hole is not to be missed during your stay. It boasts an impressive selection of local and foreign wines for your enjoyment.
For those who need to stay in touch with the outside world the lodge has a complimentary internet station as well as complimentary wi-fi access throughout the lounges and library areas as well as cellphone coverage (3G enabled) throughout the camp. Come home to the welcome of the luxurious Shumbalala Game Lodge after an uplifting experience in the bush, your senses inspired by all that is natural.
- Library with Internet Station
- Lounge with Fireplace
- Wi-Fi Enabled Public Areas (Complimentary)
- Underground Cellar
- Outside Boma
- Laundry Service
- Airstrip (on the Reserve)
N.B. The above rates are per person per night sharing, inclusive of VAT and are subject to a 50% single supplement. *Shumbalala Presidential Suite 100% single supplement.
- All meals, teas, coffees & snacks
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruiser vehicles and bushveld walks
- Sundowner local drinks included at Lodge
- Children 2 – 5 yrs of age are not permitted on game drive – lodges do offer babysitting facilities at an additional cost
- Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
- Spa Facility, anything of a personal nature / anything not specified
- Simbambili Gate fee at Sabi Sands Reserve (per vehicle/per person)
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs
Tomsa Levy And Conservation Fees
- Conservation fee of R295.00 per person per booking. TOMSA Levy: R14.00 per person per night (5* Lodges)
- The Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy is payable on reservations invoice / guests are unable to pay / settle these costs at the various lodges.
- Children’s rates are based on guests under the age of 12 yrs sharing with 2 parent
- Children 0 – 1.99 yrs stay free of charge
- Babysitting services are available, at an additional cost at lodges equipped to accommodate children
- Children under the age of 6 yrs are not permitted on game drive. All children permitted on game drive are done so on Management’s discretion
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks.
- Children are accommodated as follows: Shumbalala Game Lodge (Presidential Suite) accept children on request. Children’s rate on req.
Deposit and Payment Policy
- To secure a booking, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is due 40 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 40 days of the scheduled date of arrival, in this case full payment is required on confirmation.
- All other extras must be settled with The Lodge prior to departure.
- Please note that a reservation is not confirmed or secured until this deposit requirement has been paid in full. We reserve the right, without notice to the client, to release any accommodation held where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
Upon confirmation of reservation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to:
- 60 to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 25% Cancellation fees
- 30 to 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% Cancellation fees
- All deposits of 25 % received on confirmation are Non-Refundable.
- Refunds, are at the discretion of management and if agreed, is subject to a 10% administration fee.