Waterbuck Lodge isuniquely positioned adjacent to a water estuary in the Southern part of The Thornybush Nature Reserve, and provides extraordinary wildlife diversity within the confines of a closely located watering hole and abundant bird-life.
The Waterbuck Game Lodge is truly a "home from home" with centralised entertaining accommodation of warm and comfortable proportions, flanked by individually located bedroom Suites accessed through pathways a few yards from each other providing both privacy and security, individual views from Suites and bathrooms, generous dressing rooms en-suite for added comfort and convenience.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017|
|Suites single per day||
|Suites per person per night sharing||
- Terms | Conditions
Waterbuck Lodge, exquisitely positioned in the southern part of The Thornybush Nature Reserve boasts 4 air-conditioned luxury suites with magnificent views from both the generous sized bedroom and en-suite bathrooms. In between exciting dawn and dusk safaris in open Land Rovers, take time to relax and enjoy the central entertainment and dining area, flanked by an inviting swimming pool and bar area. Or you are invited to simply withdraw into the sounds of the African bush on the tanning deck or lazing by the swimming pool. The main deck area continues to provide a further comfortable watch point to the abundant wildlife whose home is the feature watering hole adjacent to the Lodge.
- 4 Luxury Suites - 8 guests
- Mini Bar
- Safe in room
- Separate Bath and Shower
- Outside shower
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Waterbuck Game Lodge offers unique exclusive Safari experiences in both open Land Rovers, and on foot. The private reserve is home to an abundance of species: 147 mammals including the "Big Five", 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees. The reserve is predominantly open savannah and with a near perfect year round climate, it is the ideal African safari holiday destination.
- Wake up calls
- Laundry Services
Directions from Johannesburg
- The N12 to Witbank, where the N12 highway links up with the N4 highway.
- Continue with the N4 in the direction Nelspruit.
- Approximately 60 km past Middleburg take the R 540 to your left.
- Travel though the towns of Belfast and Dullstroom to Lydenburg
- Take the R 36 (which becomes to R 527) towards Hoedspruit, passing through Origstad and descending down the Able Erasmus Pass.
- At Hoedspruit take the R 40 south towards Bushbuckridge.
- Continue 6 km and turn left at the Eastgate Airport sign / Argyle Road.
- Continue 14 km (tarred road) and turn right onto Guernsey Road
- Continue approx. 16km (gravel road) and turn into Waterbuck Lodge’s Gate and continue to the lodge as directed
N.B. The above rates are per person per night sharing, inclusive of VAT and are subject to a 50% single supplement.
- All meals, teas, coffees & snacks
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruiser vehicles and bushveld walks
- Children 2 – 5 yrs of age are not permitted on game drive – lodges do offer babysitting facilities at an additional cost
- Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
- Spa Facility, anything of a personal nature / anything not specified
- Simbambili Gate fee at Sabi Sands Reserve (per vehicle/per person)
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs
Tomsa Levy And Conservation Fees
- Conservation fee of R295.00 per person per booking. TOMSA Levy: R14.00 per person per night (5* Lodges)
- The Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy is payable on reservations invoice / guests are unable to pay / settle these costs at the various lodges.
- Children’s rates are based on guests under the age of 12 yrs sharing with 2 parent
- Children 0 – 1.99 yrs stay free of charge
- Babysitting services are available, at an additional cost at lodges equipped to accommodate children
- Children under the age of 6 yrs are not permitted on game drive. All children permitted on game drive are done so on Management’s discretion
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks.
- Children are accommodated as follows:
- Waterbuck Lodge accepts children under the age of 12 however are unable to accommodate 3 guests in 1 suite
Deposit and Payment Policy
- To secure a booking, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is due 40 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 40 days of the scheduled date of arrival, in this case full payment is required on confirmation.
- All other extras must be settled with The Lodge prior to departure.
- Please note that a reservation is not confirmed or secured until this deposit requirement has been paid in full. We reserve the right, without notice to the client, to release any accommodation held where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
Upon confirmation of reservation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to:
- 60 to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 25% Cancellation fees
- 30 to 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% Cancellation fees
- All deposits of 25 % received on confirmation are Non-Refundable.
- Refunds, are at the discretion of management and if agreed, is subject to a 10% administration fee.