The Waterside Lodge is seton the banks of a tranquil lake encompassed with breath-taking views of the African bushveld, Thornybush Waterside Lodge affords instant relaxation. The lodge has been designed to blend into the natural habitat located along pathways surrounded by an abundance of trees and manicured gardens.
The size of the Lodge is ideal for special gatherings, affording privacy for individual couples, families looking to engage in bush activities with the lodges unique Children’s programme or smaller groups.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017|
|Suites pp Single per night||8 600.00|
|Suites pp Sharing per night||5 735.00|
|Children 6 - 11 yrs||2 865.00|
|Children 2 - 5 yrs||1 430.00|
- Terms | Conditions
Thornybush Waterside Lodge affords instant relaxation, the lodges 20 comfortably appointed air-conditioned Thatched Suites blend into the natural habitat and are located along pathways surrounded by an abundance of trees and manicured gardens. En-suite air- conditioned accommodation tastefully decorated by crisp white bedding. Accommodation caters for a maximum of 40 people collectively. Highly skilled rangers and trackers ensure Big 5 game viewing opportunities during dawn and dusk safaris, whilst bushwalks are for the more adventurous.
Guests are invited to relax and take in the African surrounds after breakfast on the main deck area overlooking the lake, the swimming pool or alternatively retreat to the comfort of your suite. Each Suite has an en-suite bathroom, indoor shower and private deck area. 2 Suites share an inter-leading door ideal for families traveling with children.
- Mini Bar
- Safe in room
- Separate Bath and Shower
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Thornybush Private Game Lodge offers unique exclusive Safari experiences in both open Land Rovers, and on foot. The private reserve is home to an abundance of species: 147 mammals including the "Big Five", 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees. The reserve is predominantly open savannah and with a near perfect year round climate, it is the ideal African safari holiday destination.
Directions from the North on the R 40
- At Hoedspruit take the R 40 south (to the right) towards Bushbuckridge
- Continue 6 km and turn left at the Eastgate Airport sign / Argyle Road
- Continue 14 km (tarred road) and turn right onto Guernsey Road (following the signs to Thornybush Reserve)
- Continue 9km (gravel road passing Thornybush Game Reserve Gate on left
- Continue a further 2km and turn left at Thornybush Waterside Lodge gate and continue as directed to the lodge
N.B. The above rates are per person per night sharing, inclusive of VAT and are subject to a 50% single supplement.
- All meals, teas, coffees & snacks
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruiser vehicles and bushveld walks
- Sundowner local drinks included at Lodge, Thornybush Waterside Lodge
- Children 2 – 5 yrs of age are not permitted on game drive – lodges do offer babysitting facilities at an additional cost
- Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
- Spa Facility, anything of a personal nature / anything not specified
- Simbambili Gate fee at Sabi Sands Reserve (per vehicle/per person)
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs
Tomsa Levy And Conservation Fees
- Conservation fee of R295.00 per person per booking. TOMSA Levy: R14.00 per person per night (5* Lodges)
- The Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy is payable on reservations invoice / guests are unable to pay / settle these costs at the various lodges.
- Self-drive guests to Simbambili Game Lodge pay an entrance fee of R250.00 per vehicle and R110.00 per person, which is payable at the Gowrie Gate direct. Where road transfers are booked through The Thornybush Collection, these fees are included in the rate.
- Children’s rates are based on guests under the age of 12 yrs sharing with 2 parent
- Children 0 – 1.99 yrs stay free of charge
- Babysitting services are available, at an additional cost at lodges equipped to accommodate children
- Children under the age of 6 yrs are not permitted on game drive. All children permitted on game drive are done so on Management’s discretion
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks. A special children’s program is available for younger guests staying at Thornybush Game Lodge and Thornybush Waterside Lodge – this is not a full day activity, time will be made during the day for the children. Children staying at Serondella, Monwana and Jackalberry will receive a Kiddies Backpack.
- Children are accommodated as follows:
- Thornybush Waterside Lodge : 2 suites sharing an Inter-leading door
Deposit and Payment Policy
- To secure a booking, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is due 40 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 40 days of the scheduled date of arrival, in this case full payment is required on confirmation.
- All other extras must be settled with The Lodge prior to departure.
- Please note that a reservation is not confirmed or secured until this deposit requirement has been paid in full. We reserve the right, without notice to the client, to release any accommodation held where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
Upon confirmation of reservation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to:
- 60 to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 25% Cancellation fees
- 30 to 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% Cancellation fees
- All deposits of 25 % received on confirmation are Non-Refundable.
- Refunds, are at the discretion of management and if agreed, is subject to a 10% administration fee.