Adjacent to the world renowned Kruger National Park, the Sabi Sand Game Reserve is famed for its intimate wildlife encounters, particularly leopard viewing. Home to a host of animals, including the Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino), the Sabi Sand is part of a conservation area that covers over two million hectares (almost five million acres), an area equivalent to the state of New Jersey.
With no boundary fences between the Sabi Sand and the Kruger National Park, this reserve benefits from the great diversity of animals found in one of the richest wildlife areas on the African continent, along with the additional benefits experienced on a private game reserve.
Game drives traverse an area of 10 500 hectares (26 000 acres) and strict vehicle limits at sightings ensure the exclusivity of the game viewing experience. Sensitive off-road driving ensures that guests have the best possible view of any exceptional sighting and rangers are constantly in touch with each other to keep track of animal movements.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|11 Jan 2019 to 10 January 2020||1-5 Nights||6+ Nights||Private Vehicle|
|Cottage||R10 630||R 10 630||R 9 160|
- The lodge
- Signature Offers
The spirit of safari comes alive at historic &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp. Step back in time into the gracious early Transvaal atmosphere of this original 1920s homestead and marvel at the spectacular views of the unspoiled landscape that surrounds the Sand River from each of the 18 guest suites. Rolling lawns carve out a niche in a wild and tumbling wilderness that host memorable game viewing in one of the most renowned Big Five wildlife regions in the world. Spacious sitting, dining and bar areas steeped in the colonial atmosphere of gracious style and luxury contain mementoes of a time long past, while the untamed wilderness outside whispers a promise of adventures not to be forgotten. A sparkling swimming pool boasts a magnificent view over the valley of the Sand River.
AT A GLANCE
- 18 air-conditioned suites
- Private verandas
- Rim-flow lodge swimming pool with a view
- Open-air boma
- Safari Shop
- Exceptional family atmosphere and children’s programme
WHAT SETS US APART
- Gracious and genteel lodge imbued with the history of Harry Kirkman
- Relaxed and social family atmosphere
- Famed for leopard sightings
- Big Five game reserve shares unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park
- Traversing 26 000 acres (10 500 hectares)
- Wildlife includes leopards, spotted hyena, various antelope, elephant, white rhino, buffalo, hippo
- Early morning and late afternoon / evening game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles
- Interpretive bush walks
At an additional charge
- Luxury walking safaris
- Daily Airlink flights from Johannesburg to Skukuza airstrip, followed by an easy drive to camp. Connect &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp to: Johannesburg, Cape Town, &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve, &Beyond Vilanculos and Livingstone
- Five-hour drive from Johannesburg on good roads in a two-wheel drive vehicle
- The camp is not fenced off and we request guests be extremely vigilant at all times. Security guards accompany guests at all times when walking around the camp at night
Table Of Fact
|NUMBER OF ROOMS||18||MASSAGE||Yes; in-room or or at the wellness centre|
|CHILDREN||Children 5 years and younger cannot participate in game drives;
children aged 6 to 11 permitted on game drives at lodge managers discretion
|WEATHER||Summer months (November to March) are hot and humid. Temperature start to cool slightly in April and the winter months
(May to June) are warm with cold nights. July to September is very dry, with cold night and early morning / late afternoon temperatures. Spring (September to October) is very dry, with hot winds.
|CHILDMINDING||Yes, at an additional cost|
|TRIPLES||2 (children 16 years and younger)|
|TWIN BEDS||All convertible to double|
|GUIDE’S ACCOMMODATION||Available||RAINFALL||The rains start towards the end of October. November to March can experience rains and typical afternoon thundershowers, which start to lessen in April.|
|INDOOR SHOWER||Yes||TEMPERATURE||Summer: 12˚C to 38˚C / 55˚F to 100˚F Winter: 3˚C to 32˚C / 32˚F to 90˚F|
|TELEPHONE||Yes||BEST TIME TO TRAVEL||All year round, with optimum game viewing from March to October|
|LAUNDRY INCLUDED Yes WHEELCHAIR ACCESS||Yes||ALTITUDE||423m / 1388ft above sea leve|
|WHEELCHAIR ACCESS||Yes, with assistance, but not recommended||MALARIA||The camp is situated in a malaria area and necessary precautions should be taken|
|CHECK IN / CHECK OUT||14h00 / 11h00|
|KOSHER FOOD||Available with prior notice and at extra cost||AIRSTRIP||The camp is served by Skukuza Airstrip|
|POWER||220v AC||GPS COORDINATES||S 24˚56.088’ E 031˚33.559’|
|INTERNET ACCESS||Yes, wifi in suites and guest area||LODGE CLOSURE||Open year round|
|PRIVATE 4X4 SAFARI VEHICLE||Dependent on availability and at extra cost|
- Please note that park fees and government charges may apply. Speak to your travel consultant for more details.
- Drones are not permitted at &Beyond Reserves and Lodges.
- 18 air-conditioned suites;
- Private verandas; WI-FI in suites
- Rim-flow swimming pool;
- Open-air boma;
- Safari Shop;
- Harry's Bar;
- WI-FI in guest areas;
- complimentary laundry
- Massages in-room or at the Wellness Centre
- Children of all ages welcome;
- WILDChild programme;
- Childminding available.
- Early morning and late afternoon / evening game drives; Interpretive bush walks; Birdwatching;
- Leopards, spotted hyena, various antelope, elephant, white rhino, buffalo, hippo
All rates are confidential, inclusive of VAT and in South African Rand.
Accommodation rates are per person per night sharing, except for family suites, family cottages and villas which are per family suite/ family cottage/ villa per night and excludes any park, conservancy, entrance, gate and landing fees.
Park and Conservancy Fees are subject to change.
Long-Stay Rates: May be applied for a combination of &Beyond lodges in Africa (subject to seasonal availability of the offer), for the same guests on a single itinerary. Nights spent at lodges without applicable long-stay rates count towards the long-stay rate at lodges where they are applicable. These cannot be used in conjunction with any other &Beyond offers, including Signature offers.
Single Supplement: A single supplement of 50% applies from the first single room throughout the year. A single supplement will be charged when an adult is sharing with an infant.
Triple rooms are suitable for a maximum of two adults.
Rate Includes: Accommodation, three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, laundry, safari activities, 1-hour nature walks accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability), emergency medical evacuation insurance, VAT, transfers to and from the lodge airstrip.
Rate Excludes: Telephone calls, safari shop purchases, gratuities, all items of a personal nature, champagne, cognacs, fine wines, premium brand spirits and cigars, adventures at Phinda, government bed levy, conservancy or park fees and landing fees.
Pilots and Local Driver-Guides: Rate only includes accommodation, meals, teas and coffees. Accommodation in a pilot/guide room is on a twin basis; single rooms will be allocated depending on availability.
Tour Leaders, Private Guides: Normal guest inclusions and exclusions apply. A maximum of 1 Tourleader on a discounted rate per 14 guests.
Private Vehicles: Private 4x4 safari vehicles can be pre-booked at certain lodges, subject to availability. Rates are nett and non-commissionable and are per vehicle per night, from 2pm on day of arrival to 11am on day of departure.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles: Please be advised that the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) is not allowed in any of the conservation areas we manage, until such time as their impact on wildlife and anti-poaching initiatives can be assessed. This rule will apply throughout Africa, as our partners in various countries and regions have adopted a similar stance.
- 0 - 2 years, sharing with 1 or 2 adults - Free of charge - Cots subject to availability
- 3 – 5 years, sharing with 1 or 2 adults - Free of charge - Triple rooms subject to availability
- 6 - 16 years, sharing with 1 or 2 adults - 50% of full adult rate - Triple rooms subject to availability
- 6 – 16 years in own room - 1st child: adult rate , 2nd & 3rd child: 50% of adult rate - Max 3 children per room (subject to triple room availability)
Childminders: Childminders are available but must be booked on the day of arrival. A rate of ZAR 60 per hour is payable at the lodge.
6-12 yrs at Lodge Manager's discretion - Nature Walks - 12 years and older
NATIONAL PARK AND CONSERVANCY FEES
Skukuza Landing fee - 1 Jan '18 - 10 Jan '20 R90 - Fly in excluding SA Airlink operated flights
Sabi Sand Gate Fee
Fly in & Transfers :
- 1 Jan '18 - 10 Jan '19 - R110 per entry
- 1 Jan '19 - 10 Jan '20 - R120 per entry
- 1 Jan '18 - 10 Jan '19 - R110 per person per entry R250 per vehicle/aircraft
- 1 Jan '19 - 10 Jan '20 - R120 per person per entry R280 per vehicle/aircraft
- 1 Jan '18 - 10 Jan '19 - R114 per person per night
- 1 Jan '19 - 10 Jan '20 - R138 per person per night
|Signature Offers||VALIDITY||TERMS & CONDITIONS: Signature offers may only be booked on 1-5 Night rates, and may not be combined with any other offers|
|Fly me to Phinda||11 Jan '19 - 10 Jan '20||Stay for 3 nights at Phinda Mountain / Rock/ Zuka/ Forest or Vlei and we’ll offer a discount to fly you there & back on Airlink flights OR return scheduled transfers between Durban and Phinda
|Honeymoon Offer||11 Jan '19 - 10 Jan '20||Save 50% on one partner's accommodation