Bongani MountainLodgeborders the southern side of The Kruger National Park and offers luxurious bush accommodation situated near the magnificent Malelane Mountains. Humbly located in the 8,000 hectare Mthetomusha Game Reserve, Bongani Lodge welcomes guests to a world of peace and calm. The game reserve in Mpumalanga is home to the "Big Five", and an entertaining variety of birdlife. The lodge’s location alone inspires travellers from around the world.
This game reserve in Mpumalanga offers the ultimate luxury outdoor living space suitable for families, groups and even individuals. Everyone is invited to indulge in all that is available on offer. During Adventurous game drives and bush walks through the game reserve in Mpumalanga, guests may witness first hand more mammal species than in any other African Game Reserve.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
1 Oct 2018 to
31 Mar 2019
|Interleading Rooms (Double/Twin rooms Single||R4 325|
|Interleading Rooms (Double/Twin rooms PPPN sharing||R2 880|
|Stand Alone Double Rooms Single||R4 325|
|Stand Alone Double Rooms PPPN sharing||R2 880|
|Stand Alone Twin Rooms Single||R4 325|
|Stand Alone Twin Rooms PPPN sharing||R2 880|
|Stand Alone with Sleeper Single||R4 325|
|Stand Alone with Sleeper PPPN sharing||R2 880|
|Suite Single||R4 975|
|Suite PPPN sharing||R3 315|
|Children under 12 years||R1 440|
1 Apr 2019 to
30 Sept 2019
1 Oct 2019 to
31 Mar 2020
|Interleading Rooms (Double/Twin rooms Single||R4 535||R4 715|
|Interleading Rooms (Double/Twin rooms PPPN sharing||R3 025||R3 140|
|Stand Alone Double Rooms Single||R4 535||R4 715|
|Stand Alone Double Rooms PPPN sharing||R3 025||R3 140|
|Stand Alone Twin Rooms Single||R4 535||R4 715|
|Stand Alone Twin Rooms PPPN sharing||R3 025||R3 140|
|Stand Alone with Sleeper Single||R4 535||R4 715|
|Stand Alone with Sleeper PPPN sharing||R3 025||R3 140|
|Suite Single||R5 210||R5 420|
|Suite PPPN sharing||R3 480||R3 610|
|Children under 12 years||R1 510||R1 470|
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|01 Oct 2018 to 31 Mar 2019|
|SA Resident Rate||R2 160|
|Minimum 3 Night Stay||R1 800|
|Book within 30 Days||R1 800|
- Rate includes all meals and 2 game drives daily
- Above Rates are per person sharing
- Rate excludes conservation levy of : R160 & R 170 per adult per night, R 85 children 6-11 per child per night. Applicable from 01 November 2018.
- Rates will apply on block out dates
- Rate is a 50% supplement of the sharing rate.
- Children between the ages 6 – 12 years will pay 50% of the adultsharing rate. Children over 12 are charged as adults.
- The above Conservation Levies are subject to change.
All rates quoted include 15% VAT
All rates for South African properties include a 1% South African tourism development levy
Bongani Mountain Lodge Rooms:
- Interleading Rooms (Double/Twin rooms :18
- Stand Alone Double Rooms: 5
- Stand Alone Twin Rooms: 5
- Stand Alone with Sleeper: 10
Stand Alone Rooms: Maximum of 2 adults
Stand Alone with Sleeper: Maximum of 2 adults and 2 children under age of 12 on sleeper couch
Third Person Sharing :Not Applicable Rates Include
- Includes accommodation, dinner, breakfast, lunch per day.
- 2 Game drives per day.
- Are based on a standard room type.
- All Government taxes and levies as applicable. We unilaterally reserves the right to automatically, without prior notice, increase the rates accordingly should such Government taxes or levies be amended or should a further tax or levy be introduced.
Check In | Check Out
- Check-in time is from 14h00
- Check-out time is 10h00
- Children: 0 - 5 years of age : Stay free of charge only when sharing with two full paying adults, meals charged on consumption
- Children: 6 - 11 years of age : Pay 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with two full paying adults. Full adult rate applicable if occupying their own room
- Children: 12 years & older : Occupy their own room and pay full adult rate
- Where a child shares with 1 adult the adult sharing rate applies.
- At Game Lodges, children under the age of 12 years will be accommodated on special children's game drives. This is subject to availability and at the discretion of the lodge manager.
- Babysitting facilities are offered at R150/ sitter/ hr.
- There exists an option of a sole use vehicle at R4140 per day to facilitate children under 6 on game drives should the family require this.
- Children under age of 6 not permitted on game drives.
- No children under 16 years are permitted at the View Deck. Bongani will not be held responsible for any liabilities or accidents at the pools
- For all bookings a 25% non-refundable deposit is required within 7 days of making the reservation. Please note that the reservation is not confirmed until this deposit has been paid in full. We reserve the right to release any accommodation held, where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
- The outstanding balance must be paid in advance, no less than 40 days prior to the scheduled date of arrival. For bookings made within 40 days of travel, full payment is required on confirmation.
- Game drives and bush walks take place on Mthethomusha Game Reserve
- Bottled water is included on the game drives and bush walks
- No alcoholic beverages allowed on the bush walks or morning game drives. Alcoholic beverages are allowed on the night drive
- Transfer rate is one-way per person; in closed, air-conditioned vehicles
- Transfers originate and terminate in the Bongani Mountain Lodge reception / car park
- Other transfers are available, price on request
- All rates are in South African Rand
- Transfer and bush walk rates are exempt of VAT
- Game drives are subject VAT levy of 15%
- Rates are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control
- 45 – 30 Days prior to arrival 25%
- 29 – 15 days prior to arrival 80%
- 14 – 01 days prior to arrival 100%
- Cancellations will only be accepted in writing.
CONSERVATION / COMMUNITY LEVIES & PARK FEES: R 170 per adult per night, R 85 children 6-11 per child per night. Applicable from 01 November 2018.
DAY USE ROOMS
Strictly on request and are dependent on availability of room(s) at a rate of 50% off single public tariff and rooms are only available between 11h00 and 17h00. Any rooms required after 17h00 will be treated as a full additional night and the normal contracted rate attached will apply.
Our air- conditioned conference venue is fully-equipped for business delegates. This conference venue near the Kruger National Park provides accommodation for up to 60 delegates. The Deck offers panoramic views, ample breakaway areas and is an inspirational and revitalising destination for productive strategy-sessions, team building, bush adventures and board meetings.
Standard Equipment includes
- Flip Charts and markers
- Magnetic White Board
- Data Projector
- Pens & Notepads
From the moment you are met for your scenic game-drive up the mountain, you will be delighted with the high level of hospitality, care and personal attention that you will receive. Delicious Pan-African safari dining is enjoyed in the fire-lit, traditional boma (outdoor dining area) or in the spacious Mthethomusha Game Reserve dining room. Bongani Mountain Lodge is also renowned for exceptional bush banqueting. The bar, dining and lounge areas at the game reserve in Mpumalanga offer striking views and are open from 10h00 daily. Safari dining times may vary according to the length of your game drive.
Children over 2 years are welcome at the luxurious accommodation near Kruger National Park, however there are restricted areas. The accommodation offers a viewing deck and pool where no children under the age 16 are allowed due to safety reasons. Management at the bush lodge will not be held responsible for any liabilities or accidents at the pools. No children under the age of 16 are permitted near the conference centre due to conferences taking place. Unfortunately no children under 7 are permitted on the Mthethomusha Game Reserve drives. However, there are exclusive ‘Bumbles ‘Kiddies game safaris available on request to children between the ages of 4 - 6 years. This drive is approximately 1.5 hours long and a parent must be present.
Bongani offers lodge accommodation designed from a subtle blend of timber and thatch. All of this luxurious accommodation has a private deck featuring magnificent wraparound views, ideal for families, groups or individual travellers. Whether you are traveling solo or with a group, the accommodation near Kruger Park is designed to meet you specific needs.
Offering 29 double-bedded rooms of which 10 include a sleeper couch, this game reserve in Mpumalanga is ideal for families with young children. Another 9 twin-bedded rooms offer you the convenience of sharing your room with family or friends. For those wishing to indulge in a little bit more space, the accommodation near Kruger Park offers 1 Suite consisting of 1 double-bedded room and 1 twin-bedded room.
With so many services and facilities available at the game reserve in Mpumalanga your stay at Bongani Mountain Lodge is guaranteed to be a memorable one that will leave you feeling refreshed and revitalised.
Services and facilities available at Bongani Mountain Lodge provide a plethora of entertainment, relaxation and convenience, ensuring that each guest and their unique needs are catered for.
Facilities on-board your accommodation at the game reserve in Mpumalanga
- Mini bar
- Mosquito Net
- Information Folder
- Direct dial telephone
- Coffee station
- Gown & slippers