Nestled amongst lush indigenous gardens on the banks of the Sabi River in Hazyview, only ten minutes from the world famous Kruger National Park. Hippo Hollow offer stylish accommodation overlooking picturesque gardens and river. Enjoy a variety of mouth watering dishes, whilst watching the grazing of the Hippopotamus on the lawn against the backdrop of the sunset.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2019 to 30 Apr 2019||1 May 2019 to 31 Aug 2019||1 Sep 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Standard Single (B&B)||R2 070||R1 730||R2 070|
|Standard pp Twin sharing (B&B)||R1 570||R1 275||R1 570|
|Garden Chalet Single (B&B)||R2 280||R1 875||R2 280|
|Garden Chalet pp Twin sharing (B&B)||R1 725||R1 385||R1 725|
|River Chalet Single (B&B)||R2 695||R2 235||R2 695|
|River Chalet pp Twin sharing (B&B)||R2 000||R1 660||R2 000|
|Deluxe River Chalet Single (B&B)||R3 400||R2 760||R3 400|
|Deluxe River Chalet pp Twin sharing (B&B)||R2 520||R2 040||R2 520|
|3rd Person Rive Chalet Sharing Chalet||on Request||on Request||on Request|
|Children (3-12 yrs) River Chalet (B&B)||R1 000||R 760||R 1 000|
|Children (3-12 yrs) Deluxe River (B&B)||R1 260||R 940||R1 1260|
|Dinner Per Adult pp||R 320||R 320||R 320|
|Dinner Per Child pp||R 165||R 165||R 165|
Stay at x 2 Hollow Properties & receive a 10% discount off your Rates
• Stay a minimum total of 4 nights at any 2 Hollow properties, with a minimum of 2 nights at each hotel.
• When your booking is made, please specify the booking request details of both Hollow properties and copy both reservations offices into the email.
• Should you cancel either of the 2 Hotels, the booking “combo” special no longer applies.
Stay at x 3 Hollow Properties & receive a 15% discount off your Rates
• Stay a minimum total of 6 nights at any 3 Hollow properties, with a minimum of 2 nights at each hotel.
• When your booking is made, please specify the booking request details of all 3 Hollow properties and copy all 3 reservations offices into the email.
• Should you cancel any one of the hotels, the booking “combo” special no longer applies, or you will go down to the 2 HOLLOW COMBO (10%).
- These combos are only applicable on B&B rates, and not DBB rates.
- Hollow combos only apply to the above rates
RIVER & GARDEN CHALETS AND COURTYARD ROOMS
Overlooking Picturesque Gardens or the Mighty Sabie River.
Only ten minutes from the world famous Kruger National Park (Phabeni Gate), Hippo Hollow offers comfortable accommodation set within tranquil indigenous gardens just outside Hazyview, the activity gateway to the Kruger Lowveld.
This is not your standard accommodation establishment. Hippo Hollow is non-traditional with a refreshing “Out-of-Africa” vibe leaving you feeling totally relaxed. All rooms and chalets have en-suite bathrooms and tea/coffee facilities and are furnished with touches of local wood for a traditional finish.
The beautifully maintained gardens, with two swimming pools, is home to a wonderful variety of bird species, and the Sabie River attracts hippo, crocodiles, monkeys, waterbirds and even elephants from Elephant Whispers.
RIVER & GARDEN CHALETS
If you are looking to escape the rat race, these chalets are for you... They do not have televisions, telephones or WI-FI. Just the perfect setting for you to relax and rejuvenate while overlooking the Sabie River or our peaceful gardens. The River Chalets are perfect for families with a loft room and two single beds, while the Garden Chalets are a great retreat for couples.
COURTYARD HOTEL & STANDARD ROOMS
Our Courtyard Hotel Rooms are ideal for guests who still want the basic comforts of television, WI-FI, air-conditioning and guest amenities. These spacious rooms have balconies and verandahs overlooking the estates gardens. For younger children cots are available on request. For older children a number of inter-leading rooms available.
For the budget traveller the air-conditioned Courtyard Standard Rooms offer comfortable thatched accommodation without all the extras. These rooms are on the first floor and have balconies.
ALL ROOMS HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- King / Twin Beds
- State-of-the-art Room Safes
- Linen & Towels
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
6 DELUXE RIVER CHALETS (4-Bed)
- 5 Chalets have a loft with sleeper couch
- (Ideal for Families)
- Satellite television
- Air Conditioning & Heating
- Private deck overlooking the Sabie River
- Double showers
12 RIVER CHALETS (4-Bed)
- Loft with 2 single beds
- Ceiling fans
- SPrivate deck overlooking the Sabie River
- Double showers
19 GARDEN CHALETS (2-Bed)
- Verandah Overlooking Lush Gardens
- Cots Available
- Double Shower
- Ceiling Fan
28 COURTYARD HOTEL ROOMS
- Air-conditioning & Heating
- Satellite Television
- Wireless Internet
- Guest Amenities
- Rooms have Balconies and Verandahs
- Overlooking Lush Gardens
26 COURTYARD STANDARD ROOMS
- Air-conditioning & Heating
- Ceiling Fans
- Thatched Rooms
THE PREFECT AFRICAN ESCAPE IN A RELAXED & LAID BACK ENVIRONMENT
HIPPO HOLLOW OFFERS MANY FACILITIES & SERVICES ADDING TO THE COMFORT OF YOUR STAY.
For a relaxing country break, with the convenience of being central to the Kruger National Park and the activities and attractions of the Kruger Lowveld, you will not go wrong choosing Hippo Hollow.
Hippo Hollow is set on a beautiful Country Estate with lush gardens, a river, dams and two swimming pools. This is an environment that will leave any nature lover enthralled, and offers the perfect respite after a day of game drives and exploring the beautiful Lowveld, or a productive conference.
The on-site Hippo Hollow Restaurant, with its bar and lounge, takes the prime spot on the Estate. Large sliding doors open onto views of the river and an expansive deck where guests can relax and enjoy watching hippo graze on the lawn while sipping on cocktails and indulging in delicious South African cuisine.
Shangaan River Club - a unique cultural experience - offers a hearty feast and an evening of traditional song and dance around a crackling fire, under the African skies.
Keeping in touch with loved ones, or staying on top of business can be done with complimentary Wi-Fi in our covered lounge (should you not be staying in a Courtyard Hotel Room, or using the conference room).
Catering for up to 100 delegates in an environment conductive to creative thinking, Hippo Hollow offers a great conference and banqueting venue.
Take off from the grounds of Hippo Hollow and enjoy a helicopter flight through the Blyde River Canyon with Mpumalanga Helicopter Co., or walk across the bridge and delight in an elephant interaction at Elephant Whispers. You could not ask for better convenience!
FACILITIES & SERVICES AT A GLANCE
- Two Swimming Pools in Lush Gardens
- Hippo Hollow Restaurant with Deck Overlooking the Sabie River
- Public Lounge & Bar Area
- Shangaan River Club on-site
- Free Wi-Fi
- Conference Centre with Banquet Facility
- Well Stocked Curio Shop
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Guest Laundry Service
- 24-Hour Security
- 24-Hour Paramedic on Call
- Baby Sitting Service and Cots Available.
- Free Secure Parking
- Mpumalanga Helicopters on-site
- Perry’s Bridge Trading Post Country Shopping Experience 1km up the road.
We reserve the right to manage inventory over periods of peak demand by blocking rooms for sale at rate levels (stop sale), as required. Any rooms available for sale over blocked periods will be at rates as determined by the property for that period.
- 2018: We reserve the right to request a minimum stay of 2 nights over peak periods including all long weekends, Oyster Festival (Knysna Hollow) and the Festive Season 15 December - 5 January.
- 2019: We reserve the right to request a minimum stay of 3 nights over peak periods including all long weekends, special events, and the Festive Season 15 December - 5 January.
- 0 - 2 years – Free of charge in a baby cot
- 3 - 12 years – Subject to availability at time of request
- 13 years and above – Adult rates apply, subject to availability
TOUR GUIDE & DRIVER POLICY
- 10 to 16 rooms booked – 1 room free
- 17 or more rooms booked – 2 rooms free
CANCELLATION policy (Excludes Peak Dates)
- All cancellations must be given in writing directly to the hotel.
- (2018) 21 Days (2019) 30 Days prior to arrival, 50% of the value of the room/s booked will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- 14 Days prior to arrival, 75% of the value of the room/s booked will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- 7 Days prior to arrival 90% of the value of the room/s booked will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- Less than 24 Hours prior to arrival or early departure 100% of the value of the room/s will be charged as a cancellation fee. Failure to comply timeously with the terms of deposit payments will result in
bookings being automatically cancelled.
- 31 Days prior to arrival of the guests, the hotel must receive full payment for the reservation held.
All cancellations must be given in writing
GROUP CANCELLATION POLICY
All tour cancellations and room reductions must be given in writing
• 60 – 45 Days prior to arrival, 10% of the value of the group booking will be charged as a cancellation fee.
• 44 – 15 Days prior to arrival, 50% of the value of the group booking will be charged as a cancellation fee.
• 14 – 3 Days prior to arrival, 80% of the value of the group booking will be charged as a cancellation fee.
• 2 – 0 Days prior to arrival, 100% of the value of the group booking will be charged as a cancellation fee.
GROUP PAYMENT POLICY
- 61 Days prior to arrival of the group, the hotel must receive a 10% deposit on the total invoice value of the group booking.
- 45 Days prior to arrival of the group, the hotel must receive a further 40% deposit on the total invoice value of the group booking. (i.e. at this point the hotel must have received a total deposit of 50%)
- 15 Days prior to arrival, the hotel must receive full payment for the group.
Failure to comply timeously with the terms of deposit payments will result in the bookings being automatically cancelled.
If Porters are required a (2018) R15-00 (2019) R20-00 per room porterage fee will be charged per service.
ROMANTIC WEDDINGS @ HIPPO HOLLOW COUNTRY ESTATE
A Truly Unique Experience for Your Wedding Celebration...
Nestled on the Banks of the Sabie River in Hazyview, Hippo Hollow’s wedding packages promise to be an extremely memorable affair and offer the bride, the groom and their guests a truly life-changing experience.
Choose to say your “I do’s” on the elephant deck overlooking six resident elephant at Elephant Whispers, on the banks of the Sabie River in the stunning Hippo Hollow Country Estate, or as a cultural affair in the amphitheatre at the Shangaan River Club.
Allow nature to create the perfect backdrop for your dream wedding.
|RECEPTION – VENUES
A variety of venues to suit any size wedding, each creating its own unique atmosphere.
HIPPO HOLLOW RESTURANT
max 200 guests
SHANGAAN RIVER CLUB
max 175 guests
max 50 guests
DECK (CEREMONY ONLY)
max 100 guests
Variety of set & buffet menu’s, as well as exclusive tailor-made menus to suit your budget.
minimum 40 guests
Various menu selections
Menu’s includes a 3-course meal, welcome drinks and arrival snacks.
We offer special wedding B&B accommodation rates.
All Wedding Couples receive a complimentary stay at Hippo Hollow Hotel on their wedding night with romantic turn down and a champagne breakfast.