Nkambeni Tented Lodge is located inside the Kruger National Park. The entrance to the lodge is through the Kruger National Park’s Numbi Gate close to White River and Hazyview. Our permanent luxury tents offer you a en-suite bedroom with air-conditioning and a private deck. Our restaurant offers true South African hospitality and local food. A range of safari adventures are available at the camp.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Bed and breakfast PPPN sharing||R 980|
|Bed and breakfast Single||R 1 090|
|Dinner, bed and breakfast (half board) PPPN sharing||R1 210|
|Dinner, bed and breakfast (half board) Single||R1 345|
|Dinner, bed, breakfast and lunch (full board) PPPN sharing||R1 410|
|Dinner, bed, breakfast and lunch (full board) Single||R1 690|
|Morning game drive Kruger National Park (6hours – 06h00 -12h00)||R 905|
|Afternoon game drive Kruger National Park (4 hours – 14h00 – gate close||R 840|
|Full day game drive Kruger National Park (10 hours – 06h00 – 16h00)||R 1 040|
|Morning game drive traversing area (3 hours, weather permitting – 06h00 – 09h0||R 920|
|Afternoon game drive traversing area (3 hours, weather permitting – 15h00 – 18h00)||R 920|
|Sundowner game drive (3 hours, weather permitting – 16h30 – 19h30)||R 945|
|Bushwalk (2 hours, subject to availability and weather permitting )
Minimum age required for the bush walk is 12 years old
|R 1 010|
|Bush braai (Includes short drive and dinner - 4.5 hours,
subject to availability and weather permitting – 16h30 – 21h00) Minimum 8 pax
|Boma Dinner (weather permitting)||R 310|
|Safari lunch (restaurant or picnic site)||R 250|
|Driver Guide||R 595|
- Optional Activities
Observe or participate. Feel the pulse of Africa reverberating through your being! Our full- time Marimba band offers you Gumboot and traditional Shangaan dancing and drum beat evenings on Fridays and Saturdays. These can also be booked on request at an additional charge.
Open Vehicle Safaris
We offer a half and full day safaris in the Kruger Park. Our vehicles are designed to allow you close interaction with the animals encountered. You can request a picnic lunch from our restaurant and enjoy this when your guide stop at one of the picnic sites in the Kruger.
Nature Guide Experience
Join our training team for a short lecture on tracks and signs of the wild. Our experienced trainers will teach you the skills needed to track and indentify spoor and you can use this when on safari in the Kruger.
Nkambeni Tented Lodge is a partnership between the Mhaule Rural Community and Private Capital. Accompany our volunteers on a day tour of the Local Community and witness your contribution to Africa on a one to one basis. The Community Tour will take you to the George Mhaule School where you can witness our feeding schemes and our nutrient drink production plant. After a brief tour of the Community you may wish to take the opportunity of getting down and dirty by assisting in our Community Organic Farming Project. This project is a world first in concept and design and enjoys the direct support and participation of the South African Government.
Nkambeni Tented Lodge is within easy driving distance of the following well known tourist sights and other attractions including:
Panorama route including God’s Window and Pilgrim’s Rest
- Chimp Eden
- Several major golf courses
- White water rafting
- Horse riding
- Pub crawl tour
Our reception will facilitate your visit to any of the above.
Open vehicle game drives (Big5): Morning
- Full day
- Bush walks (subject to availability)
- River rafting (Off site)
- Quad bike tours (Off site)
- Panorama tours (Off site)
- Cultural tours (Off site)
- Elephant back safaris (Off site)
- Golf Courses (Off site)
At Nkambeni Tented Lodge we are committed to the preservation of pristine wilderness areas. Our suites are designed and constructed to guarantee minimum impact on the natural habitat. For that reason the suites have been built on wooden stilts.
The accommodation at Nkambeni Tented Lodge consists of 150 beautifully appointed luxury timber and canvas tented suites.
- Two extra length beds
- Two fold out bunk beds for the kids
- Bathroom with an indoor and outdoor shower
No concrete and no foundations means no damage! In addition, the construction is low maintenance and this means that annual levies will remain well below industry norms. Combine these principles with luxury and comfort and enjoy the accommodation at Nkambeni Tented Lodge.
Construction at Nkambeni Tented Lodge conforms to the highest standards of low impact eco-friendly criteria.
- Guest check in time is 14h00.
- Guest Check out time is 11h00
- Earlier check in times or late departures, if requested, will be considered subject to availability of rooms. In all instances, expected arrival times should be advised, particularly arrivals after 18h00.
- Rates are per person per night sharing and are inclusive of breakfast, dinner (where stated) and VAT at 15%.
- Rates are exclusive of transfers, SANParks conservations fee R328 per person per day), bar service, telephone calls & spa treatments
- All activities on the traversing area are subject to a community levy of R82 per person per activity
Accommodation rates are subject to the use of Nkambeni Activities.
- Activity rates are quoted per person and are a minimum of 2 pax with the exception of the Bush Walk (minimum 5 pax) and the Bush Braai (minimum 8 pax)
- A single supplement of 50% applies
- Third person pays 50% of rate.
Terms and Conditions
- Children 9 and under sharing with 2 adults stay and eat for free (max 2 kiddies)
- Children 10 & 11 pay 50% of the sharing rate
- Children 12 years and older pay adult rate
- Transfers from KNP Airport can be arranged at an additional cost. Minimum of 2 pax required
- A 50% deposit is required 60 days prior to arrival date in order to guarantee the reservation. Until this amount is paid, the reservation shall be treated as a provisional reservation.
- The balance of 50% of the total bill shall be paid 30 days prior to arrival date. A final rooming list must be provided at this time.
- Should a reservation be requested within 30 days or less of travelling, this will be treated as a provisional reservation until such time as the reservation is confirmed in writing by the Tour Operator / Travel Agent. Full pre-payment must be made within 7 days of the reservation.
- The pre-payment shall be refunded as outlined in the cancellation policy. Refunds are subject to a 10% administration fee.
- Adhoc groups and bookings - Payment one month to 3 weeks before arrival dates
- All group series business – 30 days from invoice (Signed credit application)
- 30 – 22 days before arrival 35%
- 21 – 15 days before arrival 40%
- 14 – 8 days before arrival 65%
- 7 – 3 days before arrival 80%
- From 2 days before arrival and no-shows 100%
This is a large 3 star graded safari camp inside the Kruger National Park boundaries offering very affordable rates on accommodation, meals and activities. All 146 units are permanent safari style tents (see below for room amenities) and the camp layout offer views on the surrounding Kruger National Park. A range of meal options are offered in the restaurant, Danger Ranger Bush Pub and the Boma. We offer morning and afternoon open vehicle safaris, bushwalks and bush braais - all inside the Kruger National Park on an 11000 hectare traversing area. All activities are subject to availability and weather permitting.