Narina Lodge - Amongst the canopy of ancient trees
Perched amongst a canopy of 100 year old trees overlooking the Sabie River the style is that of a luxurious treehouse where the main areas link via raised wooden walkways to the nine private suites. If you are looking for a Lodge which has a closer connection to its landscape yet offers private luxury as defined then Narina has achieved this perfect blend of style and experience.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Villa - Single|
|11 Jan 2017 to 30 Nov 2017||17 090.00|
|01 Dec 2017 to 17 Dec 2017||14 530.00|
|18 Dec 2017 to 04 Jan 2018||19 655.00|
|05 Jan 2018 to 10 Jan 2018||17 090.00|
|11 Jan 2018 to 30 Nov 2018||19 165.00|
|01 Dec 2018 to 17 Dec 2018||16 295.00|
|18 Dec 2018 to 30 Apr 2019||22 035.00|
|Villa - Per person sharing|
|11 Jan 2017 to 30 Nov 2017||11 395.00|
|01 Dec 2017 to 17 Dec 2017||9 685.00|
|18 Dec 2017 to 04 Jan 2018||13 105.00|
|05 Jan 2018 to 10 Jan 2018||11 395.00|
|11 Jan 2018 to 30 Nov 2018||12 775.00|
|01 Dec 2018 to 17 Dec 2018||10 860.00|
|18 Dec 2018 to 30 Apr 2019||14 690.00|
Please be advised that this hotel works on a Best Available Rate system based on the current occupancy at the hotel. Please enquire about our current rates.
|Per Person dharing||Single|
|10 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017||8,235.00||12,355.00|
Last Minute Special Check in 1-10 Days from the date of booking
|Per Person dharing||Single|
|10 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017||7,075.00||10,615.00|
There is a peak period and minimum 3 night stay at all properties from the 18 December 2017 – 3 January 2018.
- Luxurious accommodation in a Luxury, Superior Luxury Room / Suite (River Lodge) and in a suite with private lounge and plunge pool ; Three meals per day; Teas/Coffees; Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger & tracker; Game drive refreshments & snacks; Specified inclusive safari activities; Skukuza Airport transfers,. Wi-Fi in public areas
- Laundry; Beverages; Cigars & cigarettes; All flights and transfers (other than Skukuza Airport); Gratuities; Telephone calls; Curio shop purchases; Spa treatments; Sabi Sand & KNP Entrance fees;
- Any additional extras will be for the guests’ account Sabi Sand Guest Conservation Contribution; this is a mandatory contribution: R 100 per guest per day. (Non-VATable)
The safaris take place either in the morning or late afternoon moving into the early evening. The reason for this is that it is when the wildlife are most active due to the temperatures being the most moderate. It is also important to note that this area does not get affected by a migration of species which means that the game viewing is consistently good all year round and the only change in seasons is really to the surrounding landscape and daily temperatures.
Fitness & Exercise
Although you are outdoors a large portion of the day one does not have the opportunity to do any strenuous exercise such as running as in this environment runners would be too great a temptation for all of those very opportunistic predators! Although we do offer some incredible wildlife walks we have created a workout gym for those of you who like to get in a little more of a workout to keep in shape.
The Spa at Lion Sands is a Tranquil retreat, realigning your body with nature, and its connectedness to the divine. Our focus is on cutting edge spa therapies where holisms are embraced. Bespoke in our approach - we listen to you and your body’s need and guide accordingly Never neglecting our sense of luxury & opulence, we continue to respect our environment.
We have hosted both intimate and larger safari weddings at our private lodges, so we know what a memorable setting they can be for that special occasion. If you are considering getting married with us, please make contact so that we can start planning and tailoring the event early, as we know that each occasion is unique in its requirements. You can either come meet with us at the lodge, or we can communicate via telephone to start sculpting the perfect program of events for your consideration.
Follow your heart to the bush. Whether it’s your first breakaway as a couple or your second honeymoon, you want it to be an unforgettable experience. Romantic, idyllic, private and secluded – Lion Sands, out of all our Lodges, must be the most idyllic setting to celebrate the start of a new life together or to fall in love all over again. The suites are private, spacious, luxurious, have incredible vistas over the river so game viewing or just being together can be done from your own viewing deck, they have outdoor showers and their own private plunge pools, a complete haven to just be.
|Wi-Fi FREE||YES (Public Area Only)|
|Satellite Television||Yes (Public Area only)|
|In Room Safe||Yes|
|Laundry||Yes, extra cost|
|Conference Facilities||No dedicated room|
|Suitable for disabled guests||No|
|Distance between Rooms||10-15 m (33-49 ft)|
|Flights||Daily (1h10min from Oliver Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg)|
|Airfield||Yes (15 minutes)|
|Landing Fees (Airport Departure Tax)||Yes, R90.00 / .00 per guest *subject to change without prior notice|
|Airport Transfers||Yes; FREE|
|Conservation/Entrance Fee||Yes, R194.00 / .00 per guest per day *subject to change without prior notice|
|Helipad||Yes, 24º58'7.64" S, 31º35'33.92" E|
|Guests per safari vehicle||6|
|Private 4x4 safari vehicle||Yes, subject to availability|
|Private 4x4 safari vehicle rate||ZAR 5,450.00 per day|
|Languages of Field Rangers||English, Afrikaans|
|Gratuity Recommendation||R300.00 / .00 per guest per day (50% to Field Ranger & Tracker; 20% to Service Staff; 30% to General Staff)|
|Kosher Food||Yes, with prior notice, extra cost|
|Credit Cards||Visa, MC, Diners, Amex|
Perched amongst a canopy of 100 year old trees overlooking the Sabie River the style is that of a luxurious treehouse where the main areas link via raised wooden walkways to the nine private suites.
|Size of Suites||125 m2 / 1344 ft2|
|Children||Yes, > 10 years|
|Children Rate||10 - 15 50%; 16 > adult rate|
|Children on Safari||Yes|
|Triple Rooms (sleeper couch)||2|
|Single Traveler Supplement||2 rooms with no supplement|
|Double bed convertible to twin||Yes|
|Central Public Pool||No|
|Private Plunge Pool||Yes|
Book three nights and receive 2 free nights in a More Quarter’s1 Bedroom Luxury Apartment.
Maximum 2 rooms/4 guests
Must specify “SeeMORE Package” on enquiry. If not requested and stipulated at time of reservation with MORE, the package will not be honoured
Block Out Dates: 1 – 15 February 2017; 18 Dec 2017 – 3 Jan 2018;1 - 15 February 2018; 18 December 2018 - 3 January 2019; 1-15 February 2019
Maximum 2 rooms/4 guests
Book a minimum of six nights at any MORE property / properties in one itinerary, and receive a further 5% off your contracted Rate.
Must specify “DiscoverMORE Package” on enquiry and properties must be requested and booked at the same time. If not requested and stipulated at time of reservation with MORE, the package will not be honoured.
- Luxurious accommodation in a Luxury, Superior Luxury Room / Suite (River Lodge) and in a suite with private lounge and plunge pool (Tinga Lodge & Narina Lodge);
- Three meals per day; Teas/Coffees; Mini bar in room; Inclusive drinks & selected snacks (all soft drinks and selection of local beers, spirits & house wines);
- Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger & tracker; Game drive refreshments & snacks;
- Specified inclusive safari activities;
- Skukuza Airport transfers,
- Wi-fi in public areas
- Quoted in South African Rands (ZAR)
- Laundry; Premium brand beers, spirits, cellar wines & champagnes; Cigars & cigarettes;
- All flights and transfers (other than Skukuza Airport); Gratuities;
- Telephone calls; Curio shop purchases; Spa treatments;
- Any additional extras will be for the guests’ account
- Sabi Sand & KNP Entrace fees R120 per person;
Sabi Sand Guest Conservation Contribution: this is a mandatory contribution, R114 per guest per day .
Peak Period Supplements & Minimum Night Stays
The high demand period is deemed to be: 18 December 2018 - 03 January 2019 and minimum three night stay is required.
Plase also note the below minimum pax requirements during the peak period:
- 2-bedroom Ivory Lodge Villa - Minimum 4 adults
- 2-bedroom Thinga Family Unit - Minimum 4 adults
Single Room Policy
- An allocation of rooms/suites is kept for single travellers where a supplement will not apply. These rooms/suites are subject to availability.
- A supplement of 50% of the adult rate will be applied if the single rooms/suites are not available.
- Single supplements will not be waivered when a booking involves one of the MORE Experiences.
Triple Room & Interconnecting Rooms
Lion Sands Tinga & Narina
- Two suites have sleeper couch which are suitable for triple rooms and booking of these rooms is subject to availability
- The rate for the third person in a triple room is 50% of the per person sharing rate (maximum 3 pax)
- 3rd person sharing will be restricted to children under the age of 16
- There are no interconnecting suites at Lion Sands Tinga & Narina Lodges
- The 2-Bedroom unit at Tinga can accommodate a maximum of 6 people - maximum 4 adult
Lion Sands Ivory Lodge:
- There are no interconnecting suites with the 1 bedroom Villas
- There are no triples at Ivory Lodge in the 1 bedroom units.
- The 2 Bedroom villa can accommodate a maximum of 6 people - maximum 4 adult.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 10years
- Children aged 10-15 years pay 50% of the full adult sharing rate.
- Children aged 16 years and older pay full adult rate.
- If two children under 16 are in a room on their own, the first child pays full adult sharing rate (inclusive of interconnecting room)
Private Land Rover
- - ZAR 8,530.00 per day
- Rates are quoted per vehicle “per night booked”
- Minimum 2 day booking and subject to availability.
- Will be confirmed upon enquiry
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- 50% deposit is due on confirmation of booking to secure the reservation, of which 10 % is non-refundable.
- Full prepayment must be received no later than 30 days prior to arrival.
- Please note that cancellation fees are charged on any amendments, reduction in rooms or reduction in guests which affect the original value of the confirmed booking.
- 31 – 60 days prior to arrival: 25 % cancellation fee on the value of the booking
- 0 – 30 days prior to arrival: 100 % cancellation fee on the value of the booking