Nkomazi is an ecological Aladdin’s cave of natural treasures, from its towering ancient mountains to its broad river valleys and impressive grasslands containing countless animals and rare flora such as the Barberton Daisy. This area is often referred to as the holy grail of geology with some of the oldest rock formations on the planet.
Africa’s habitats in its ability to support both high and lowveld game species on the high-lying grassland and the low-lying bushveld areas therefore supporting an ecological balance.
Nkomazi boasts 10 luxury tents at Komati Tented Lodge. These tents are specially positioned to blend into the landscape and linked by walkways and paths through the bush. All tents are furnished with luxury campaign style furniture, creating a traditional “Out of Africa” feel with all the added comforts and luxuries of 5-star accommodation.
Situated on the banks of the Komati River, surrounded by towering mountains, broad river valleys and impressive grasslands, Nkomazi offers unique safari based activities to allow for a complete tailor-made experience.
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
|Details||12 Jan 2019 to 30 Apr 2019||1 May 2019 to 30 Jun 2019|
|Noble Tent Double||R6 250||R5 965|
|Noble Tent Single Adult||R4 685||R4 480|
|Noble Tent Child||R1 560||R1 495|
|Royal Suite Double||R7 210||R6 890|
|Royal Suite Single Adult||R5 410||R5 170|
|Royal Suite Children||R1 805||R1 730|
|Details||1 Jul 2019 to 14 Dec 2019||15 Dec 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Noble Tent Double||R6 250||R6 515|
|Noble Tent Single Adult||R4 685||R4 885|
|Children||R1 560||R1 625|
|Royal Suite Double||R7 210||R7 525|
|Royal Suite Single Adult||R5 410||R5 640|
|Children||R1 805||R1 885|
|To be used for printed brochure operators only
|1 Jan 2020 to 11 Jan 2020||12 Jan 2020 to 30 Apr 2020|
|Noble Tent Double||R7 295||R6 995|
|Noble Tent Single Adult||R5 470||R5 250|
|Children||R1 820||R1 750|
|Royal Suite Double||R8 410||R8 075|
|Royal Suite Single Adult||R6 320||R6 060|
|Children||R2 105||R2 020|
- Fact Sheet
Validity: 01 May 2019 to 31 Aug 2019
Terms & Conditions:
- Standard Newmark terms and conditions apply.
- Special subject to limited availability.
- Special must be requested at the time of booking or enquiry.
- Not applicable to group bookings, existing reservations or in conjunction with other special offers.
- Please contact your travel agent for enquiries or our reservations office.
South-west of the Kruger National Park lays a land of wonder. The savannah plains surrounding the Komati River and framed by ancient mountains are the perfect image of Africa. The Nkomazi Game Reserve is not only home to a high density of game in malaria-free area, but has an abundance of San rock art, an incredible diversity of plant life and over 300 bird species.
Situated in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa, close to the picturesque town of Emanzana (previously known as Badplaas), the Kruger National Park, Pilgrims Rest, the Blyde River Canyon, God's Window and other wonders of the escarpment region.
Komati Tented Lodge – Experience a sense of age-old Africa.
The Komati Tented Lodge offers tented suites in a private setting with luxury amenities. Each tent has an extra-large king size bed, comfort cooling/heating and en-suite shower with an outdoor bath, and private expansive teak sun decks with a plunge pool positioned to blend into the landscape and linked by decked walkways and man-made paths through the bush. Furnished with luxury campaign style furniture, creating a traditional “Out of Africa” feel with all the added comforts and luxuries.
- Dining tent
- Majilis lounge tent with viewing deck
- Outdoor boma dining area and bush dinners
- Relaxation Retreat
- Gift boutique
- Conference facilities for 20 persons (only available if sole use of the Lodge is booked)
All 10 tents can sleep a maximum of 2 adults per tent
- 9 King bedded Noble Tents
- 1 Royal Tent with private lounge tent
Each tented suite is equipped with
- King sized bed
- Comfort cooling/heating
- Ceiling fan
- International dial telephone
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- En-suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor shower
- Victorian outdoor bath
- Private minibar
- Electronic safe
- Fitted international adaptors
- Private expansive teak sun decks with private plunge pool
Activities and Services
- Explore the diverse flora including the Barberton daisy and proteas
- Interactive morning and evening game drives in open game viewing vehicles
- Take a guided mountain bike ride into the pristine reserve
- Guided nature walks (no persons allowed under the age of 16)
- Marvel at ancient San rock art
- Go on a birding safari and look for more than 300 species
- During stargazing listen to your game ranger unveil the secrets of the stars of the Southern Hemisphere
- Try your hand at fly-fishing in the Komati River
- Mountain biking
- Wedding services
- Child minding service is available upon request and can be arranged at an additional cost
- Enjoy getting pampered in the River Retreat
Additional activities for Groups (at no additional fees)
- Amazing Bush Race
- Guide presentation
- Potjie cook off
- Malaria free
- Part of the Barberton Greenstone Belt (the mountain land
- - Makonjwa Mountains - contains some of the earliest rock and life forms - 3 500 million years old)
- The reserve is unique in its ability to support both highveld (oribi,eland, springbok) and lowveld (nyala, kudu, impala) game species
- Child rates are applicable to children from 6 years up to and including 9 years; irrespective of whether a child is sharing with an adult or staying in their own tent (single or sharing)
- 0 to 6 year olds are regrettably not allowed at Nkomazi Game Reserve due to safety regulations
- Persons 10 years and older are considered adults and will therefore require their own tent at the applicable rates
- Children 6 – 9 years old are accommodated at 50% (half) of the adult sharing rate and permitted on game drives
05:00 06:30 Wakeup call
05:30 07:00 Early morning refreshments
06:00 07:30 Depart for morning game drive
10:00 10:00 Brunch is served until noon
11:00 11:00 Depart lodge (for departure guests)
13:30 13:30 Arrive at lodge (for arrival guest)
16:00 15:00 Afternoon Tea
16:30 15:30 Depart for afternoon game drive
20:00 19:00 Pre dinner drinks and snacks followed by dinner
Summer: Oct – Apr/May | Winter: Apr/May - Sep
*Note: the daily schedule is adjusted seasonally according to lodge management’s discretion and depending on seasonal and weather changes. The months noted per season are merely an indication and may change without prior notice
Only available if sole use of the Lodge is booked
- Access Nkomazi by road through a pleasant 3 hour drive from Johannesburg or a quick flight to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) via Johannesburg (approximately 1hr) or via Cape Town
- No private vehicles are allowed on the reserve, therefore guests are transferred from the Welcome Lounge (situated at the Main/Grand Valley gate) to the lodge
- Arriving guests will be picked up from the Welcome Lounge at 13h00
- Departing guests will depart the lodge at 11h00 to arrive back at the Welcome Lounge at 11h30
- Transfers at alternative times will be charged at an additional fee
- Road transfers can be arranged at an additional cost with reservations
- Driving directions can be downloaded from the website
GPS Co-ordinates S 26° 00' 02.71" | E30° 45' 25.88"
Take the N4 Towards Witbank and turn right towards Machadodorp (R36). Drive 550m and continue onto Molen Street for 600m. Turn left onto Potgieter Street (Barberton and Badplaas). Continue for 2km – it will become the R541. Continue for 48.5km till you reach a T-Junction. Turn right towards Badplaas on the R38. Continue 4.7km over the Seekoeispruit River. Turn left onto R541 to Lochiel/Mbabane and continue for 13.8km. Turn left towards Tjakastad and continue approximately 7km. Drive past the 1st gate and continue towards the 2nd gate marked – Main Gate/Grand valley Gate. The entrance will be on your left-hand side.
Head south along the R40 towards Barberton. Turn right onto the R38 before you reach the town of Barberton, marked Carolina. Turn left onto the R541 to Lochiel and continue for 13.8km. Turn left towards Tjakastad and continue for 7km. The entrance will be on your left- hand side.
From Piet Retief (Preferred route to Nkomazi from Northern Natal)
Take Noordend Street to Kerk Street / N2 – 260m Drive along R33 and N17 – 144km. Take the 1st left onto Kerk Street / N2 Continue to follow N2 – 10.8km. Turn right onto R33 – 52.3km. Turn right to stay on R33 – 36.4km. Turn right onto N17 – 26.3km. Turn left onto R541 – 17.9km. Turn left to stay on R541 – 12km. Turn right towards Tjakastad and continue along the road for 7km. The Entrance will be on your left-hand side.
- Per room per night unless otherwise stated and on a full board basis
- Confidential, Subject to availability and Inclusive of 15% VAT
- Quoted and invoiced in South African Rand (ZAR) and are subject to change without prior notification
- Adult rates apply to persons (12 years and older) sharing one tent
- Single rates are only applicable when one adult is staying by him/herself in one tent. Not applicable when an adult is sharing with a child
- Note that all tents can sleep a maximum of two persons
- Rates for the period 01 Jan 20 to 30 April 20 can be used for brochure clients. General bookings during this period will be honored and rates needs to be amended when the new rates issued
Breakfast, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, 2 Game drives daily, Tea, Coffee & Water, House Wines, Local Beers, Local Spirits (House Brand), Soft Drinks (excluding energy drinks), and Welcome lounge transfers at set times
Rates exclude – to be settled direct or upon departure:
All other beverages, extras, telephone calls, bar, laundry, all other activities, spa treatments and curio purchases
CHECK IN 14h00 15h30 (Gate pick-up time is at 14h30)- CHECK OUT TIMES 10h00 (Transfer time to gate is at 10h00)
- Late departures: Subject to availability, can be requested on day of departure. Additional charges may apply
- Early check in: Subject to availability: Hotels, Reserves and Lodges will always endeavour to assist. In order to secure a guaranteed early check in, the room would have to be booked and paid for the previous night
- Porterage is discretionary
For all bookings, a 20% non-refundable deposit is required within fourteen (14) days of making a reservation, unless a booking is made within sixty (60) days prior to the scheduled date of arrival in which case full payment is required within seven (7) days to secure the reservation
The balance of the amount must be paid, in advance, no less than sixty (60) days prior to the scheduled date of arrival. All other extras must be settled with the Hotel prior to departure
Should the reservation be cancelled less than sixty (60) days prior to arrival, should you fail to arrive on the day, or should an in-house guest check out prior to the guaranteed departure date, the hotel has the right to charge the full value of the accommodation or part thereof, depending on the occupancy and availability of the rooms on the night/s in question, unless the reserve or lodge will have been able to resell the room. All refunds are subject to an administration fee
61+ days prior to arrival: 20% Cancellation fees (Non-refundable deposit to apply)
60-00 days prior to arrival: 100% Cancellation fees
- 0 to 11 year olds are regrettably not allowed at Nkomazi Game Reserve.
- The Royal Suite will need to be used as the Family unit should there be 1 child traveling with 2 adults – Maximum 3 pax
- Children 12 Years and over pays the full rate
- Persons under the age of 16 years are not permitted on any walking safaris
MINIMUM NIGHT STAYS
- 15 – 31 December 2018: min 3 nights (Peak)