The campfire has burned here for over 85 years making Varty Camp the symbolic heart and soul of Londolozi. The décor echoes the same tones of the owner’s private homes and their continuing love affair with the earth.
Varty Camp is also home to the original Sparta Hunting Camp, our boutique, the Cardio Vascular Room, Massage Treatment Room and our Library. Guests from all Camps are invited to make use of these facilities.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
1 Jan 2020 to 15 Dec 2020
|2 x Superior Chalets - Per person sharing per night||R18 750|
|2 x Superior Chalets - Single occupation per night||R23 438|
|2 x Superior Chalets - Child (6-11)||R 9 375|
|8 x Chalet - Per person sharing per night||R15 750|
|8 x Chalet - Single occupation per night||R19 688|
|8 x Chalet - Child (6-11)||R 7 875|
16 Dec 2020 to 15 Dec 2021
|2 x Superior Chalets - Per person sharing per night||R19 950|
|2 x Superior Chalets - Single occupation per night||R24 938|
|2 x Superior Chalets - Child (6-11)||R 9 975|
|8 x Chalet - Per person sharing per night||R16 950|
|8 x Chalet - Single occupation per night||R21 188|
|8 x Chalet - Child (6-11)||R 8 475|
- Child Policy
At Londolozi there has always been an emphasis on family. Over the past 80 years four generations have adventured, dreamed and discovered here.
The bushveld of Londolozi is a wild wonderland, a child’s dream come true, and we delight in being able to share her secrets with the next generation.
Four sets of inter leading chalets – can be booked as follows:
- Up to three small children, 6 – 12 years may share a king size bed in an inter-leading chalet
- Two children 6 – 11 years pay 50% of adult rate sharing an inter leading chalet
- One child 6 – 11 years pays one adult rate in an inter leading chalet (no single supplement)
- One child 12 years and older pays adult rate plus 50% single supplement
- Or, the eight chalets can be booked individually
- Children 6 – 11 years pay 50% of adult rate
- Children 12 and older pay adult rates
Varty Camp is the home of an African safari holiday. All rooms have private swimming pools framed by timber decks that overlook the riverine bush. The living spaces are raised off the ground and shaded under a cathedral of trees. The camp has a pleasingly down-to-earth quality and the emphasis on family heritage means that children of all ages always have a place at Varty Camp.
- All rates are per person, sharing a room, per night. We reserve the right to alter rates at any stage.
- All single rooms will be levied a 25% single supplement from date of arrival.
- Group single supplement policy – Single supplement will be waived for the first two rooms of a group. Any room thereafter will be levied a 50% single supplement from date of arrival.
- All meals, teas and coffees daily, Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Two game drives daily in open Land Rovers
- Nature walks accompanied by experienced armed rangers
- One group yoga class per day at at Founders Camp
- Children six years and older welcome at Varty, Founders & Pioneer Camps, no children under the age of 16 at Private Granite & Tree Camps, unless exclusive use of camp is taken
- Children - Cubs Den programme
- Transfers to/from Londolozi airstrip to lodge
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Laundry and VAT
- Early morning and late afternoon departures – contact reservations
- “Healing House” treatments
- Telephone calls
- Londolozi “LivingBoutique” purchases
- Photographic Studio rentals and tuition
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, premium brand spirits, cigars & cigarettes
- Transfers to and from the lodge
- Airport taxes or landing fees, where applicable
- Self drive park entrance fee, R280 per vehicle + R120 per person – subject to change without further notice
- Noise impact levy R4 500 for flights landing/departing before 09h00 or after 16h00.
- Pilot room R3250 per day, one night only for one pilot (No Guide Rooms)
- Private Vehicles
Arrival and Departure
- Arrival not earlier than 11h00, check into rooms at 13h30
- Check out of rooms at 11h00, departure not later than 11h30
Unless previously agreed otherwise, we require a 20% non-refundable deposit within 10 days of reservation confirmation. Londolozi reserves the right to cancel the reservation should we not receive the deposit within 10 days. The balance of payment is required 60 days prior to arrival. Short-lead time reservations must be paid in full immediately.
Cancellation or part cancellation (reduction in number of rooms or nights) of a confirmed reservation will result in the loss of the 20% deposit. Should a cancellation be received between 59 – 0 days prior to due arrival date, 100% cancellation penalty would be charged. Londolozi reserves the right to cancel reservations should full payment not be received within 60 days prior to arrival.
Visas & Passport
Visa requirements to be checked before departure
All visitors to South Africa are required by law to have a minimum of two blank pages in their passport to enable the entry visa to be issued. If there is insufficient space in the passport, entry will be denied
All passengers traveling with children under the age of 18 are required to carry an unabridged birth certificate when traveling to South Africa.
Travel Insurance is recommended, covering for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, as well as cancellation and curtailment – as the reservation will be subject to cancellation penalties as detailed above.