Featuring exclusive-use, contemporary, luxurious bushveld houses, each comprising of a main house with 4 private guest suites. Each house boasts 2 lounges, dining areas, outdoor boma, wine cellars & heated swimming pool as well as a private game viewing vehicle & designated field guide for the duration of your stay. Named after 2 of Sabi Sand’s legendary leopards, and a dominant lion coalition the three luxurious bushveld houses are named “Mvula”, “Karula” and “Mapogo” respectively.
Offering guests unrivaled game viewing opportunities, combined with the ultimate in innovative architectural design by ARRCC, the finished lodge promises exceptional safari luxuries, amenities and services. As a fully inclusive seductive safari experience… all meals are prepared by your private chef as well as carefully chosen wines from your own wine cellar, twice-daily game drives and a private spa therapist as well as a central gym facility, all included in our rates.
Rates inclusive of 15% V.A.T. • South African Rands • Subject to Availability
|Special Opening||15 Dec 2019
to 18 Dec 2019
|For 4 guests per night||
|Per additional guest per night per night||
|Per Additional Child 3 - 12 yrs per night||R 7 570|
|Per Additional Infant 0 - 2 years old per night||R 1 515|
|19 Dec 2019
to 05 Jan 2021
|For 4 guests per night||
|Per additional guest per night per night (8 guests max)||
R 22 500
|Per Additional Child 3 - 12 yrs per night||R 11 250|
|Per Additional Infant 0 - 2 years old per night||R 2 250|
Featuring exclusive-use, luxurious bushveld houses, each comprising of a main house with private guest suites. Each house boasts 2 lounges, dining area, outdoor boma, wine room & heated pool.
The King-bedded guest suites each have their own private deck, dressing room, lounge, double rain shower & bath overlooking the splendid African Bushveld.
Offering guests unrivaled game viewing opportunities, combined with state-of-the-art architectural design, the finished houses promise exceptional safari luxury of the highest standard, complete with private game viewing vehicle, designated field guide, gym & spa therapist.
All meals – prepared by private chef – as well as specially selected wines & beverages, twice-daily game drives & access to a variety of exclusive facilities are included in our rates.
We highly recommend a minimum of 3 night’s stay at Cheetah Plains Private Game Reserve in order to get the full benefit of our spectacular South African Safari experience & hospitality.
- Two lounges (a formal lounge & an entertainment lounge)
- Dining area.
- Outdoor boma for fire-side dining.
- Temperature controlled wine cellar.
- Heated swimming pool.
- Day-bed & private deck area.
- Indigenous gardens & spectacular views into the surrounding natural bushveld.
- Private game viewing vehicle as well as designated professional field guide & tracker.
- Private chef & butler for the duration of your stay.
- Each of the exclusive-use luxurious bushveld homes accommodates a minimum of 4 & a maximum of 8 guests.
- The interlinking suite at Karula is disabled- friendly.
Private Suite Features
- King-bedded bedroom.
- Private mini bar & coffee station.
- Private deck with day-bed.
- Dressing room.
- Double rain shower.
- Bath overlooking the bushveld.
- Accommodates a maximum of 2 guests per suite.
- Especially for families with young children, 2 of the suites interlink so parents are close by, but not in the same bedroom.
Location & Directions
Whether you fly directly to Cheetah Plains on one of the daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg or Nelspruit, a flight from Madikwe to Sabi Sand or decide to do a self-drive, Cheetah Plains is easily accessible by both road and air.
Transfers from Nelspruit are available on request. To request private chartered flights, please contact our reservations office.
Gate fees are payable in cash upon arrival. Airstrip passenger taxes apply for passengers on all flights.
Daily flights are available on SA Airlink, Federal Air and General Air. (If flying with Federal Air storage facilities for extra or large luggage is available, should you require this service at their O R Tambo departure lounge)
Weekly flights Sabi Sand – Madikwe every Monday, Wednesday & Friday (Based on a minimum of 4 Guests)
Airports are located within easy driving distance to Cheetah Plains, Arathusa Airstrip approximately a 20 minute drive within the reserve, Hoedspruit Airport a 1.5 hour drive and Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport 3 hour drive.
Road transfers from Hoedspruit Airport or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport can be booked directly through Cheetah Plains.
Please note that it is advisable to carry a small duffel bag or soft case (20 kg limit) in your main suitcase for your time at the lodge. The airlines don’t accept rigid cases, but will store them while you are at the lodge, so you will have to pack your soft bag with your clothing and other equipment for your safari, and then leave the hardbox suitcase at the airline offices, where they will take care of it.
Charter flights can be arranged any other day of the week – for more information or to make a booking email us.
T & C’s apply
- All meals, prepared by private chef.
- A selection of vintage South African wines, Cap Classiques, Premium Spirits, beers & non-alcoholic beverages.
- Twice-daily game drives in your private game-viewing vehicle with your on-site field guide.
- Game drives include a sunrise / sunset stop & stargazing.
- Walking Safaris
- Outdoor, fireside dining as often as possible.
- Transfers between Arathusa airstrip & Cheetah Plains are included when flying with FedAir / Airlink / Private Charter.
- 15% VAT
- A mandatory Sabi Sand Guest Conservation Contribution (charged per person per night) will be levied to all bookings.
- Transfers to & from Cheetah Plains, other than from Arathusa airstrip as listed above.
- Opt in Excursions.
- Escort after dark from the reserve gates.
- Gratuities, laundry, telephone calls & all other incidental costs.
- Emergency medical evacuation, travel insurance & travel cancellation refunds. (We highly recommend that guests have sufficient travel & medical insurance to cover any unexpected incidents)
- Sabi Sand Reserve entrance fees, which will be charged (in cash) at Gowrie Gate. (Reserve entrance fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Check in from 14:00pm Check out until 11:00am
NB: It is the traveller's responsibility to ensure that they have adequate travel insurance for unforeseen cancellations, medical emergencies, etc.
Only written cancellations will be accepted
Ensure to receive an acknowledgment of cancellation from the reservations office
25% cancellation fee incurred if the booking is cancelled after written confirmation
50% cancellation fee incured if booking is cancelled 31 - 45 days prior to arrival
100% cancellation fee incured if booking is cancelled 30 days / less prior to arrival
WATER & ELECTROCITY
Cheetah Plains Private Game Reserve is on 220 volts with a backup generator.
Water supply is via borehole, is clean & can be consumed, however we do have filtered water for drinking available in the main lodge areas and your room.
GENERAL WEATHER CONDITION AT SABI SAND
- Generally dry & sunny.
- Daily Temperatures range from 18 - 30 degrees Celsius.
- Night Time temperatures may drop to 0 degrees Celsius.
- Generally sunny with Thunderstorms resulting in wet & humid weather.
- Daily Temperatures range from 25 up to 40 degrees Celsius.
- Night Time Temperatures from 15 up to 20 degrees Celsius.
WHAT TO PACK
Sunblock, Insect repellent, Binoculars, Camera, spare battery & charger, Long trousers, Short trousers, T-shirts, Long sleeved shirt ,Sweatshirt / jersey, Rain jacket, Windproof jacket, Scarf, Gloves (winter), Closed shoes, Personal medication
Allergy / headache / flu medication. There is no medication available in the reserve or nearby, so come prepared!