Being completely unfenced the camp is home to a continuous stream of game, with almost daily up close and personal experiences with Elephant, Buffalo, Hyena, Warthog and Bushbuck to name but a few.
Experience luxury at its best – spoil yourself in the spa, enjoy a game of chess in our proudly South African premium wine cellar, have a cocktail whilst watching Elephants drink from the pool, or work up a sweat in our private gym.
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
1 Jan 2019 to
31 Dec 2019
|River Sands Camp (PPPNS)||R7 745|
|River Sands Camp (Single Supplement)||on Request|
|River Sands Full Camp||on Request|
- Fact Sheet
- Daily Programme
- 10 Luxury thatched suites
- Mini bar, butlers tray as well as a variety of guest amenities
- En-suite bathroom with bath, double shower, private toilet
- Outdoor shower
- Air Conditioning
The spacious main lodge boasts
- An inviting infinity pool
- Matumi wrap-around bar with ice cold Craft beer on Tap,
- Sunken wine cellar overlooking the waterhole,
- Two impressive fireplaces for cold winter nights.
Kambaku River Sands offers:
- An afternoon at the raised Bird Hide
- Spa and gym facility
- Sauna Rooms
- Steam Rooms
- Curio Shop
- Camera Rental
- Laundry Facilities at an additional cost
- Day Excursions at an additional cost
Kambaku River Sands
All rates are quoted in ZAR, and are inclusive of VAT. Subject to availability.
• Rate changes: All rates quoted are subject to change without prior notice, however all rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured
Peak seasons: 20-12-2018 to 05-01-2019;15-04-2018 to 30-04-2018; 01-08-2018 to 31-08-2018. All bookings for this period may only be confirmed with a 25% non-refundable deposit.
Group reservations: Only applies to bookings consisting of 12 guests or more. A 25% non- refundable deposit is required to secure the booking.
Rates are Inclusive of:
- Game drives – guide and tracker
- Bush walks
- Day-time use of the hide
- All meals, teas & coffees
- Soft drinks & local beers
- Use of the gym
- Unlimited Wi-Fi
- Mini Bar beverages
- Turndown service twice daily
Rates are Exclusive of:
- R250 per bag Spirits, premium cellar wines & champagnes
- Curio shop purchases
- Spa treatments
- Airport transfers & Day excursions
- Timbavati Conservation Levy R328 per person per day, R164 per child under 12 years old per day
- Gate fees - R140 per vehicle per entry subject to change
- Private safari vehicle – R5 500 per day
- Laundry – R250 per bag
All children 12 years and older are welcome and are charged at adult rates
Single supplement – For any booking requiring more than 2 single rooms – ZAR2 280 pppn.
Minimum of 2 nights stay applies throughout the year. Not applicable to children sharing with parents.
Full camp reservation: POR
- If travelling in a group please advise the Manager on duty how the bills will be split.
- Dietary Requirements
- Kambaku can cater for the following dietary requirements provided we are made aware of such requirements in advance – Vegetarian / Lactose intolerant /vegetarian meals
- Please advise us of any allergies on arrival (Nuts, Alcohol etc.)
- We regret we do not provide halaal or kosher meals.
- All rooms are en-suite
- Double indoor showers
- Outdoor showers
- Tea & Coffee Facilities
- Spa Baths
- Digital Safes, Mosquito & Insect repellent can be found in all rooms.
- A 50% deposit is required to secure all reservations.
- Full payment is required 30days prior to arrival
Only written cancellations will be accepted – please ensure that you receive written acknowledgement of the cancellation from reservations.
Cancellation charges will apply if the booking has been confirmed in writing by the party making the booking.
- 8 calendar weeks prior to arrival – 50% of full amount
- 6 calendar weeks prior to arrival – 75% of full amount
- 4 calendar weeks or less prior to arrival – 100% of the full amount
Check in / Check out Times
Check in: 14H00
Check out: 11H00
Alternative times may be arranged subject to an extra charge
- Regrettably only children of 12 yrs and older can be accommodated.
- Please note that there are no family suites, however a foldaway bed is available should a child wish to share with their parents.
Insurance & Indemnity
- As the camp is unfenced, guests are required to sign indemnity on arrival. It is highly recommended that all guests take out personal travel insurance. Guests will be escorted around the camp after nightfall.
We strive to cater for all tastes and dietary requirements, and are happy to cater for dairy free, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, Halal and banting diets.
Nestled in the heart of the world-renowned Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and part of the Greater Kruger National Park, lies Kambaku River Sands. The camp lies majestically on a perennial river system enticing guests to sit back and relax. Being unfenced allows for the free movement of animals in and
around camp, often playing host to herds of elephant, buffalo, as well as the occasional lion pride or wondering leopard. The spacious main area boasts two large fireplaces, open sky boma, wrap-around bar, infinity pool and wine cellar, all overlooking the camp waterhole. The 10-luxury air conditioned suites
are spaciously set along the riverbank, offering magnificent views and ideal bird watching. The Spa and Wellness centre houses a fully equipped gym, private swimming pool, steam and sauna rooms. With a no child under 12 policy and Wi-Fi throughout, this luxurious lodge is the ideal location for those seeking
a private getaway, or to celebrate a special occasion. Enjoy the huge diversity of game, plant and birdlife either from the safari vehicle or on foot, and look out for the famous white lions, endangered African wild dogs, big 5, hippo & hyena to name just a few. Enjoy an unforgettable wildlife experience
in a magical environment, visit Kambaku and allow your soul to breathe…
River Sands boasts 10 luxury suites nestled between towering Leadwood and Jackalberry trees on the banks of a perennial river system. This unique, unfenced camp gives guests an opportunity to experience free roaming wildlife from their own private viewing decks. Each spacious suite is equipped with air-conditioning, a mini bar, butler’s tray, en-suite bathroom with spa bath, indoor double shower and outdoor shower.
The majestic main lodge features two fireplaces, an infinity pool, superb wine cellar, Matumi wood wrap-around bar, free Wi-Fi, library, boma and a fantastic view over the riverbed and lodge waterhole.
With a traversing area of over 12 000Ha, morning and evening safaris remain interesting and informative. Opt for a walking safari to experience the intimacy of the bush on foot. Relax in the heat of the day at the spa, or enjoy the use of the gym facility; shop for local artefacts and mementos in the curio shop; or delight in the bird life from the hide at Twins Dam.
Experience our renowned warmth and hospitality during hearty brunches, delicious high teas, and unforgettable dinners under the stars in the boma, riverbed or out in the bush.
- Owner run and managed – owners on site
- Situated within the White Lion’s territory
- The only lodge with traversing on both the Timbavati and Klaserie Reserves
- Over 1000 Ha of sole traverse area
- 10 luxury air conditioned suites
- Swimming pool, bar, boma, safari library, free Wi-Fi in all main areas
- Conference centre
- Large game viewing deck overlooking
- Wellness centre with spa, pool, sauna, steam rooms, and a well-equipped gym
- Curio shop, Hide
- Electricity 220V – Convertors available
- to Hoedspruit/Eastgate; KMIA and Phalaborwa airports
- Followed by a road transfer to camp
- Asheton’s Shuttle
- Self-drive (6 hrs from Johannesburg)
ACTIVITIES ON OFFER
- Morning & afternoon/evening safaris
- Guided 3-hour informative bush walks
- Bird watching from the Hide
- Spa treatments & Gym facility
- Photographic safaris / Art safaris
- Private vehicle at an additional cost
- Visits to local attractions can be arranged at an additional cost – POR
- Visit to the Timbavati Museum
WEATHER YEAR ROUND
- Summer (September – March): 20 *C to 40*C (68*F to 104*F)
- Winter (April to August) 2*C to 18*C (35.6*F to 68*F)
- Rainfall: summer thunderstorms - late afternoon to evening. 550-600mm/yr
- The Timbavati falls within a 3 % risk area for Malaria, however it is recommended that prophylactic medications are taken when visiting. Please consult your local travel clinic or heath care practitioner.
VISAS & PASSPORTS
- All guests travelling to South Africa are required to have 2 blank pages (minimum) in their passport
- Children travelling with parents need to have an unabridged birth certificate
The programme is adjusted according to the season, to accommodate the heat, and may vary. The below is intended as a guideline only:
|Summer (September – April)||Programme||Winter (May – August)|
|4:30 am||Morning wakeup call & Tea / Coffee||5:30 am|
|5:15 am||Game drive departs||6:15 am|
|10:00 am||Game drive returns & Brunch is served||10:00 am|
|Leisure time||Spa treatment / Gym / Hide||Leisure time|
|4:00 pm||High tea is served||3:00 pm|
|4:30 pm||Afternoon game drive departs||3:30 pm|
|8:00pm||Game drive returns & Dinner is served||7:30 pm|