Kings Camp is a sophisticated safari camp located in the wildlife-rich Timbavati Private Game Reserve, adjacent to the Kruger National Park. The camp is situated in South Africa’s northernmost province of Limpopo, renowned for its impressive wildlife, including the Big 5.
Located in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger National Park.
Kings Camp is a 9 suite (20 bedded) lodge that faces an open savanna plain with an active waterhole.
Waterbuck at Kings Camp is a Private Camp offering the ultimate in safari privacy. The camp boasts a 4-bedroomed villa with its own landrover, game-ranger and tracker, as well a villa attendant and personal chef to take care of your every need!
This completely private camp is situated on a dry river bank, with great views affording excellent game viewing opportunities.
The camp can accommodate up to 8 guests in air-conditioned comfort.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rands • Subject to Availability
6 Jan 2021 to
31 Dec 2021
|Luxury Suite with private plunge pools PPPN sharing/ Single||R13 240|
|Honeymoon Suite with private plunge pools PPPN sharing/ Single||R13 240|
|Waterbuck Private Camp (1-8 Adult)||R135 800|
A private vehicle can be booked for all photographic safari requests or guests wanting their own private vehicle per day (subject to availability upon request)
|2 hr Helicopter Adventure From any of Lodges
in the Timbavati & Sabi Sand to the Blyde River Canyon - per 1- 2 pax
Cascades & Canyon Spectacular – 2 hrs (incl. picnic stop)
|2 hr Helicopter Adventure From any of Lodges
in the Timbavati & Sabi Sand to the Blyde River Canyon - per 3 pax
|2 hr Helicopter Adventure From any of Lodges
in the Timbavati & Sabi Sand to the Blyde River Canyon - for 4 pax
PLEASE NOTE: Drones are STRICTLY PROHIBITED in the Timbavati Game Reserve, failure to comply with this rule will result in a heavy fine or arrest by reserve management
- Kosher Safari
- Yoga Safari
2020 Luxury Lodge Special
R6 240 per person per night
Exclusive Lodge & Private Villa Rates
for up to 12 Guests
RATES ARE VALID FOR ALL NEW BOOKINGS FOR STAYS UP TO 19 DECEMBER 2020.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Luxury accommodation, 3 meals per day (unless specified), 2 x game drives daily, tea & coffee, complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Telephone calls, curio-shop purchases, transfers, gratuities, additional activities, spa treatments, laundry, transfers, conservation levies and gate entrance fees.
- All beverages are excluded
- Children 6+ at Kings Camp pay full adult rate.
- Self-catering basis so meals and beverages are not included.
Kings Camp Lodge offers a number of comfortable, open-air living areas in which to relax and soak up the tranquillity of the African bush. The raised viewing deck, sheltered from the sun by a thatched roof, overlooks the active waterhole. This is an ideal spot to while away the hours and offers the best vantage point for unexpected wildlife sightings.
The open-plan lounge and bar are perfect for seeing out the heat of the day, while sipping an ice cold cocktail. Alternatively, a dip in our swimming pool, positioned just meters away from the waterhole, is a wonderful respite from the warm temperatures for which the Greater Kruger National Park is known.
Elegant and central, the spacious dining room is positioned to offer stunning views of the surrounding landscapes. The exquisite chandelier indoors creates a feel of sophistication, while the shaded verandah incorporates the spectacular natural beauty of the outdoors.
A library full of verse and history awaits those yearning for knowledge of the African continent. Browse shelves filled with a collection of fictional and nonfictional books and sit back in peace as you embark on another world of adventure. For those wanting to keep in touch with family members back home, there is a desktop with wireless internet connection available in the library 24 hours a day. A television is also available for those wanting to keep up to date with the latest news or sports games.
Along with a well-equipped gym, Kings Camp Lodge offers an array of pampering treatments at the luxurious spa – a must in completing your all-round rejuvenating safari experience.
During the day, guests are welcome to browse through our well-stocked and air-conditioned curio shop, where you can select gifts and African memorabilia for your friends and family back home. The shop is stocked with an assortment of beautiful safari gear as well as local arts and crafts.
AT A GLANCE
- Lounge, dining room & bar
- Superb South African wines
- Terrace and thatched viewing deck overlooking waterhole
- Swimming pool
- Massage & treatment sala
- Well equipped gym
- Library with computer & Wi-Fi
- Satellite television
- Traditional boma
- Well-stocked curio shop with safari gear and local arts & crafts
Kings Camp is situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve and faces an open savanna plain with an active waterhole, which is frequented by a wide variety of wildlife both day and night. With access to 100km2 of traversing, big game abounds; each day bringing something different whilst exploring the endless fascination of Africa’s wildlife.
Offering a sublime South African Kosher safari, Kings Camp Private Game Reserve is the best place to treat yourself and your loved ones to a carefree Kosher bush getaway. Our experienced team will ensure every detail is taken care of of so you can sit back and enjoy the breathtaking natural beauty of the African bush.
KOSHER CUISINE & SERVICES
Enjoy top quality gourmet Kosher cuisine, prepared fresh on site, in accordance with Kashrut and Jewish Laws. Whether it’s a bush breakfast near a busy watering hole, a boma dinner under the stars or an elegant dinner enjoyed in the dining room, all catering is supervised by a Mashgiach appointed by the Beth Din Kashrut Supervisor in the fully-equipped, Beth-Din Council certified Kings Camp Kosher kitchen.
Meat and other products, as well as wines, juices, beers and other beverages will be Kosher approved so you don’t have to think twice before fully immersing yourself in your bush experience. With Kings Camp Kosher safaris, you can feast on world-class cuisine while you unwind and relax with the ones you love. Kings Camp offers the best in Kosher travel.
From a romantic honeymoon or getaway to a small family affair, Kings Camp offers a selection of luxurious accommodation to suit your needs...
|LUXURY & FAMILY SUITES||HONEYMOON SUITE||WATERBUCK PRIVATE CAMP|
|The spacious air-conditioned suites are elegantly decorated
in a contemporary-style and equipped with indoor
and outdoor double shower, fully stocked mini-bar and
private verandah with plunge pool, sunken outdoor
lounge and fire pit. Dark tones of wood and thatch offset
the natural colours of the bushveld. 2 Luxury Suites with
inter-leading doors combine into the Luxury Family Suite.
For your comfort and convenience, other amenities
include complimentrary wi-fi, robes, mosquito repellent,
an umbrella and hairdryer. Your suite is also equipped with
its own safe and telephone.
|The exquisitely decorated Honeymoon Suites, with
private plunge pools, have an open plan lounge and
bathroom, with both indoor and outdoor showers.
Romantic candlelit dinners on the patio allow for special
alone time whilst soaking up the glorious bush from the
The suite is air-conditioned and has a fully stocked minibar,
tea and coffee facilities with a Nespresso coffee
machine, as well as complimentary sherry and a fruit
platter. Other luxurious amenities include complimentrary
wi-fi, robes, bird guides, magazines and more.
Waterbuck is available for exclusive bookings only
and offers the ultimate in safari privacy, making it
perfect for families and small group safaris. An opulent
4-bedroomed air-conditioned Villa accommodating up
to 8 guests overlooks the gardens, swimming pool and
viewing deck. Bathrooms have a bath, indoor shower, and
double sink. There are both indoor and outdoor showers
in the downstairs suites. Each suite is equipped with
complimentrary wi-fi, a flat screen television, DVD player,
satellite network, telephone and safe. A private game
vehicle, ranger, tracker, villa host and chef are available
throughout your stay so you can indulge and set the pace
for your exclusive safari.
|2020 KOSHER SAFARI RATES
SURCHARGES APPLY FOR KOSHER SERVICES – THESE RATES ARE TO BE ADDED TO KINGS CAMP ACCOMMODATION RATES
|FIXED FEE PER BOOKING||R7 500||DAILY RATE PER BOOKING||R7 000|
Beautifully decorated in dark tones of wood and thatch, off-setting the natural colours of the bush, the nine, generously spacious air-conditioned Suites come complete with all luxurious amenities. A Victorian ball-and-claw bath, an indoor and double outdoor shower, as well as a private veranda with a hammock overlooking the bush complete this perfect picture. For your comfort and convenience, other room amenities include a fully stocked mini-bar, robes, mosquito repellent, an umbrella and hairdryer. Your suite is also equipped with its own safe and telephone.
Two spacious, air-conditioned Honeymoon Suites are exquisitely decorated and have an open plan lounge and bathroom, with both indoor and outdoor showers. Each suite features a private verandah with large plunge pool overlooking the African bush. For your comfort and convenience these Suites are equipped with all luxurious modern amenities including wi-fi, espresso coffee machine, a fully stocked mini-bar, robes, mosquito repellent, an umbrella and hairdryer. Your suite is also equipped with its own safe and telephone.
Waterbuck Private Camp
Situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Waterbuck Private Camp at Kings Camp is situated in an elevated position on the banks of the dry Nhlaralumi river, offering superb views of the bush with excellent game viewing opportunities. Subtly blended into the natural environment, this Private Camp reflects the charm and romance of a luxurious Colonial past. Waterbuck presents luxury at its best, with all modern conveniences and every detail taken care of... Complete with a private game vehicle, ranger, tracker, personal butler and chef available to you through-out your stay – you can indulge and set the pace for your exclusive safari... leaving you free to relax and enjoy. Waterbuck Camp is completely private and exclusively yours... Boasting a 4-bedroomed air-conditioned Villa, accommodating up to 8 guests, Waterbuck offers the ultimate in safari privacy... perfect for families and small group safaris.
Accommodation at Waterbuck consists of an opulent, upstairs Master Suite with open plan bathroom and a comfortable viewing lounge; plus two ground floor Luxury Suites. A detached Luxury Garden Suite completes the accommodation for a maximum of 8 guests – perfect for small groups and families.
The suites all overlook the private gardens, swimming pool and viewing deck; to the dry river bed and the bush beyond.
These exquisitely furnished air-conditioned suites are equipped with Victorian baths, indoor showers, and outdoor showers in downstairs suites, flat screen televisions, DVD players, satellite network, telephones and safes.
AT A GLANCE
- 6 Luxury Suites
- An interleading luxury Family Suite
- Private verandah with hammock
- Air-conditioning & heating
- Victorian ball-and-claw bath & double basin
- Indoor & outdoor showers
- Spacious lounge
- Stocked mini-bar
- Tea & coffee facilities with a Nespresso coffee machine
- Robes, hairdryer & umbrella
- Digital safe & telephone
- Animal reference guides & magazines
- Complimentary sherry & fruit platter
- Wi-Fi connectivity
Located in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger National Park, Kings Camp is a 9 suite (18 bedded) lodge, that faces an open savanna plain with an active waterhole.
TARIFFS ARE QUOTED:
Inclusive of 15% VAT. In South African Rand. Subject to availability
All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
- Luxury accommodation.
- Three meals daily. Tea & Coffee.
- Two game drives per day.
- Optional walking safaris.
- All beverages excluding premium brands, wines from our wine cellar and champagne.
- Cellar Wines, premium brand spirits, champagne, cognacs,
- cigars and cigarettes,
- telephone calls,
- curio shop purchases,
- additional activities,
- wellness treatments and laundry.
- Kosher services.
- Timbavati Conservation Levy. Timbavati Road Levy (for guests self driving). R50 per person collection fee and R50 per person drop-off fee for flights to and from the airstrip
PRIVATE VEHICLE: A private vehicle can be booked for all photographic safari requests or guests wanting their own private vehicle per day (subject to availability upon request)
ACCOMMODATION: 6 Luxury Suites (one is an interleading Family Suite) with private plunge pools and 2 Honeymoon Suites with private plunge pools. All suites are airconditioned and have a mini-bar and Nespresso machine.
WATERBUCK PRIVATE CAMP : A 4-bedroomed villa accommodating up to 8 guests in air-conditioned comfort, with its own landrover with game-ranger and tracker, a villa attendant and personal chef.
FACILITIES: Lodge facilities include a dining room, bar, swimming pool, library and conference room with internet access, boma, gameviewing deck overlooking a very active waterhole, a curio shop, gym and Spa.
ACTIVITIES: Game drives in open vehicles with knowledgeable rangers, guided walks, and game viewing deck, bush breakfasts or dinners. We offer massage treatments in the privacy of your suite or in the Spa (additional charge applies).
Private game drives can also be arranged at an additional cost of (2020) R 10 000 per day
CUISINE: We offer true South African cuisine in a homely atmosphere complemented by an exceptional wine cellar. Specialized dietary requirements will be catered for subject to prior notice.
Kosher Safaris: Top quality gourmet Kosher cuisine, prepared fresh on site, under the strictest Kashrut regulations. All catering is done through a licensed Maschiach in the fully-equipped Kosher kitchen certified by the Beth-Din Council of South Africa. Meat and other products, as well as wines, juices, beers and other drinks will be fully Kosher. To ensure Kosher Safaris comply with religious principles, Kings Camp will establish specific needs prior to arrival for a stress free stay. A surcharge applies for Kosher services.
- Children aged from 6 and above are permitted at the Lodge.
- Children under 12 years pay 50% if they share a suite with 2 full paying guests; otherwise the full adult rate applies.
- PLEASE NOTE: The child sharing at 50% will be seated in the middle seat between the 2 adults on the game drive vehicles. We regret we do not allow children under the age of 6, unless the whole camp is booked. However children of all ages are welcome at Waterbuck Camp
Provisional Reservations: All provisional reservations will be automatically released if not confirmed within 2 weeks of booking being made.
PAYMENT: : A deposit of 20% of the total accommodation charge is required to confirm a provisional reservation and full payment is required 45 days prior to arrival. Tour operators electing to settle a booking with a credit card will be subjected to a 5% surcharge. Ideally bookings should be settled via EFT. Deposit conditions may be wavered for bookings from the trade, tour operator and agents at the Lodge’s discretion. Extras may be settled in camp. We accept all credit cards. We do not accept travellers cheques.
Peak Season Terms and Conditions: 20 December until 5 January. All Bookings over Christmas and New Year’s Eve can only be secured once a 20% non-refundable deposit has been paid.
Group Reservations: Should the reservations department require the accommodation that is being held by the group for the same dates, we will request the group to supply us with an immediate 20% non-refundable deposit. A booking of 8 guests or more is classed as a group booking.
CANCELLATIONS: Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 45–30 days – 50% of full amount
- 30–15 days – 75% of full amount
- 14 days or less – 100% of full amount Bookings are not transferable.
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE: Guests may arrive any time from 14h00, and rooms are to be vacated by 11h00. Please note that there is a 25% surcharge on late check outs and early check ins.
WHAT TO TAKE: Comfortable walking shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sun block, cameras and binoculars, anti-malaria precautions (please consult your doctor / pharmacist) light, neutral coloured clothing, swimming costume, warm jackets are essential in winter (May - October)
DISTANCES: Kings Camp is a 6-hour drive from Johannesburg.
DIRECTIONS TO LODGE:
By Road from Johannesburg:
- Take the N4 to Witbank.
- Take the Belfast off ramp (R33/R540)
- Once in Belfast town, turn right into Voortrekker Street and continue straight to Dullstroom on the R540.
- Drive straight through Dullstroom town and continue to Lydenburg.
- Once in Lydenburg turn left into Potgieter Street and continue straight to Ohrighstad on the R36.
- Drive straight through Ohrighstad and continue on R36 until it turns left to Tzaneen. DO NOT turn, but continue straight on R531 to Hoedspruit
- In Hoedspruit, continue straight over the bridge crossing the train line to a four way stop. At the stop turn right and continue towards Bosbokrand / Bushbuckridge along the R40.
- 6/7km from Hoedspruit, note the Eastgate Airport sign on your left.
- At the sign, turn left to Kings Camp.
- Drive ±15km until you reach Timbavati Private Nature Reserve Control Gate.
- At the entrance gate, you will be required to pay an entrance fee.
- Continue on for±18 km, until you see a Kings Camp sign to your left. ű
- Turn right at the sign. Follow signboards to the camp for an additional 2km.
By Road from Sabi Sand Game Reserve:
- Once leaving Shaw’s Gate or Newington Gate from the Sabi Sand Reserve, turn right onto the R536 towards Hazyview.
- At the first traffic light when entering Hazyview, turn right onto the R40, passing Perry’s Bridge Trading Post and Hippo Hollow Country Estate on your left to Bushbuckridge. Drive through Bushbuckridge and Accornhoek while continuing on the R40 towards Hoedspruit.
- At the sign “Hoedspruit,” turn right and continue for approximately 17km.
- 8km before Hoedspruit turn right at the sign “Timbavati & Eastgate airport”.
- Drive for ±15km until you reach the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve Control Gate. At the entrance gate, you will be required to pay an entrance fee.
- Once you have entered Continue on for ±18 km, until you see a Kings Camp sign to your left hand side. Turn right at the sign, and follow the signboards to the camp for an additional 2km.
By Road from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport:
- At the turning circle leaving the airport, turn right.
- At the first stop street, turn left onto the Plaston Road, and drive straight.
- At the T-junction, turn right to White River. Once in White Rive, turn left at the second traffic light (at Ntt Toyota), then right at the first traffic light.
- Turn left onto the R40, and drive straight towards Hazyview.
- Drive straight through Hazyview town on the R40 and continue on to Bushbuckridge and Accornhoek.
- Follow the directions above from Hazyview (from Sabi Sand Game Reserve).
AIR Transfers By Scheduled Air:
- Fly SA Express to Eastgate/Hoedspruit airport from Johannesburg and Cape Town (± 45min drive from the camp).
- Should flights to Eastgate not be available, you can fly into Phalaborwa, Skukuza or Kruger Mpumalanga Airport.
- Daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg International Airport to Kings Camps private airstrip. The camp will arrange transfers from the airport to the camp.
- Please note we require a 25% deposit in order to secure a ground or air transfer.
At Kings Camp Private Game Reserve, your wedding ceremony will become a subtle stroke of Colonial grace and charm. Each wedding takes place in a dry riverbed sculptured by the Nhlaralumi River, surrounded by African bushveld. Defined by its careful attention to
presentation, service and co-ordination, Kings Camp will lend a stylish yet relaxed and generous atmosphere to your exclusive wedding.
A wedding at Kings Camp is more than just a ceremony; it is a celebration of the love between two people...
This package includes:
- Wedding ceremony in a dry riverbed in the heart of the bushveld.
- Local flowers of your choice for the bridal bouquet and bridal table.
- Sparkling wine for the bridal couple.
- Single layer wedding cake with topping of your choice.
- Local Shangaan dancers to perform at the ceremony or reception.
- Wedding turndown for the bridal couple.
- Wedding gift for the bridal couple, courtesy of Kings Camp.
This package EXCLUDES: (To be quoted on request)
- The Minister and preparation and processing of all legal documents.
- Photographer and videographer.
- Hairdresser, make-up artist and additional beauty treatments.
- Flowers of your choice.
TOTAL: (2020) R 31 200 [EXCLUDING ACC OMMODATION]
These prices is valid until 31 December 2019/2020
LEGALITY OF FOREIGN WEDDINGS IN SOUTH AFRICA
The law in South Africa requires a foreign couple to attend an appointment at the Department of Home Affairs before they can be legally married in South Africa. Since this is quite a cumbersome task for someone on safari, we suggest that you process all legal marriage documents in your home country and enjoy your ceremony on safari in a more traditional way.
Enjoy an exlusive 3-night Yoga Safari Experience in a Villa at Kings Camp in the 'Big-5' Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
There is no better place on earth to experience Yoga than in the heart of the African Wilderness. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned Yogi, this experience will bring you close to nature and relax your mind, body and spirit.
The combination of Yoga, game drives, bush walks and spa treatments align perfectly with amazing meals, prepared with seasonal local produce by your private chef.
- Arrive at the Villa for a delicious buffet lunch.
- Head out into the African bush for a safari, combined with a relaxing sunset yoga session with your private instructor to get the blood flowing after a day of travel.
- After safari return to the villa for a pre-dinner drink and canapes before sitting down to your evening meal on the viewing deck.
- Morning bush walk with your private guide
- After your walk enjoy a yoga session in the bush followed by a continental bush breakfast served in the wild.
- Back at the villa enjoy a 1-hour detoxing massage done by our professional spa therapists.
- Late afternoon is lunch time and then prepare for an exciting afternoon safari.
- On return from safari enjoy a pre-dinner South African wine tasting before sitting down to some more delicious food served fine dining style in our dining room.
- Head out for a morning safari and yoga session in the bush.
- Return to the villa for breakfast.
- Enjoy a relaxing day by the pool, maybe a visit to the gym or just sit and relax with a good book.
- After lunch head out for a safari and return to the villa at sunset for a yoga session followed by a cocktail or 2 before a traditional South African boma meal cooked on the open fire.
- Before departing wake up your body with a morning sunrise yoga flow at the villa followed by a Safari and arrive back at the villa for a breakfast on the deck.
- (The activities can be tailored to your interests and additional days can be added for more safaris, yoga, walks and spa treatments.)
|LUXURY YOGA SAFARI RATES|
|VALIDITY : 1 JANUARY 2020 – 31 DECEMBER 2020||ACCOMMODATION PER NIGHT||YOGA PER NIGHT||TOTAL PER NIGHT|
|3-NIGHT YOGA PACKAGE for up to 6 people sharing in a Private Villa||R 135 000||R 4 000||R 139 000|
|VALIDITY : 1 JANUARY 2021 – 31 DECEMBER 2021|
|3-NIGHT YOGA PACKAGE for up to 6 people sharing in a Private Villa||R 140 000||R 4 000||R 144 000|