Simbavati Trails Camp is Simbavati's luxury-but-back-to-basics walking trails camp. Located in a secluded area of the Timbavati bordering a 11,000 wilderness area in the Kruger National Park.
Days start with a +/- 4 hour walk at a leisurely pace with an armed specialist guide. The perspective on the bush on foot is entirely different from being on a safari vehicle. You'll hear better, smell more and slowly train your eyes to see more afar. Snack and drinks stops tide you over till a tasty brunch is prepared back at the camp.
After some 'me' time, spent snoozing or reading outside your tent a savoury and sweet 'tea' is prepared before another +/- 2 hour walk at the end of the afternoon ending at a viewpoint to enjoy an African sunset. A shod drive will bring you back to the camp with time to freshen up before dinner around the campfire.
Unfortunately Simbavati Trails Camp does not accommodate children under 14 years' old. To enjoy the full walking trail experience, a midnight stay is recommended.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Full Inclusive||1 Nov 2018
to 31 Oct 2019
|Luxury Safari Tent Single||R6 565|
|Luxury Safari Tent PP Sharing||R4 925|
|Full Inclusive||1 Nov 2019
to 31 Oct 2020
|Luxury Safari Tent Single||R7 210|
|Luxury Safari Tent PP Sharing||R5 420|
- 4 Luxury En-Suite Safari Tents
- Bucket showers are filled on demand with warm water
- Maximum capacity: 8
Guests Facilities & Good to Know
- 2 Daily Bush Walks
- Off the grid
- No Wi-Fi or cellphone reception
- No children under 18
- Accommodation, all standard meals, two walking safaris per day, selected drinks (selected spirits, house wines, local beers and soft drinks).
- Other drinks (see above*), private transfers, gratuities, laundry service, other items of a personal nature,
- Timbavati Conservation Levy (will be added to invoices for prepayment, or collected at the lodge directly) of R368 per adult per night and R184 per child under 12 years per night (increasing to R400 per person and R200 per child from 01 Jan 2020).
- The vehicle entrance fee of R160 is only payable at the Timbavati Control Gate (price subject to change without prior notice).
- No children under 16 years of age unless booked as sole use
- Teenagers under the age of 18 years have to share a tent with an adult
Minimum Recommended stay:
- To enjoy the full walking trail experience, a 3-night stay is recommended
Scheduled Transfers - Compulsory (no private cars can drive to the camp)
- Scheduled Collection Times from Hoedspruit – 13:45
- Scheduled Departure Times from Simbavati – 11:00
Kindly note that there is only one transfer from Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport and one transfer from Simbavati Trails Camp daily. Self-drive guests will also have to use this transfer. If you are planning to drop a rental car at Hoedspruit Airport, please ensure that you arrive well before the flight arrival time, as unfortunately we do not wait for late arrivals. The transfer time is approximately one and a half hour.
Please note the complimentary transfers exclude the vehicle entry fee of R160 (subject to change) payable at the gate.
Payment & Cancellation for Simbavati Safari Lodges:
- Payment: a 10% deposit is due within 7 days (for FIT) or
- 25% within 14 days (for Groups) from date of reservation to guarantee the booking.
- Easter and Christmas periods’ bookings require a 25% non-refundable deposit.
- The balance is to be settled 30 days prior to the arrival of the guests.
Cancellation fees (up to 3 rooms, for 4 or more rooms see T & C’s):
- Up to 61 days prior to arrival: 10% cancellation fee of the full booking value
- 31 to 60 days prior to arrival: 25% cancellation fee of the full booking value
- 15 to 30 days prior to arrival: 75% cancellation fee of the full booking value
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: 100% cancellation fee of the full booking value