Simbavati Trails Camp is Simbavati's luxury-but-back-to-basics walking trails camp. Located in a secluded area of the Timbavati bordering a 11,000 wilderness area in the Kruger National Park.
Days start with a +/- 4 hour walk at a leisurely pace with an armed specialist guide. The perspective on the bush on foot is entirely different from being on a safari vehicle. You'll hear better, smell more and slowly train your eyes to see more afar. Snack and drinks stops tide you over till a tasty brunch is prepared back at the camp.
After some 'me' time, spent snoozing or reading outside your tent a savoury and sweet 'tea' is prepared before another +/- 2 hour walk at the end of the afternoon ending at a viewpoint to enjoy an African sunset. A shod drive will bring you back to the camp with time to freshen up before dinner around the campfire.
Unfortunately Simbavati Trails Camp does not accommodate children under 14 years' old. To enjoy the full walking trail experience, a midnight stay is recommended.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Full Inclusive||1 May 2020
to 31 Jan 2021
|Luxury Safari Tent (x4) Single pp||R2 400|
|Luxury Safari Tent PP Sharing||R1 600|
We have decided to close Simbavati Trails Camp from the 1st of December to the 28th of February 2021. The camp will welcome guests back from the 1st of March 2021!
Getting in touch with nature enables you to better understand yourself. What better place to do that than at Simbavati Trails Camp, where we take every opportunity to share the unexpected with you!
This “off the grid” haven in the Timbavati Wilderness, adjacent to the world-renowned Kruger National Park, is a life-changing experience that we are privileged to share with you.
4 Night Safari
Stay 3 Nights at one of our 4 lodges and we'll giv you
50% off a 1-night stay at Simbavati Trails Camp
5 Night Safari
Get 50% off a 3 night stay at Simbavati Trails Camp if you
Book 2 nights at any of our 4 other lodges
At a glance:
- Located in a remote area, even by Timbavati standards, bordering 15 000 hectares of Kruger Park Wilderness.
- Luxury-but-back-to-basics walking trails camp.
- Daily morning and afternoon walking safari with experienced guides.
- 4 en-suite safari tents.
- Stargazing, swimming and fire to table meals.
- En-suite Meru-style safari tents hosting a maximum of 8 guests. Bucket showers are filled on demand with warm water, hearty meals are prepared over an open fire by a bush specialist chef.
- There is no electricity, nor cellphone or WiFi reception. It is just you, in the heart of an untamed African wildlife wonderland.
In Room Amenities:
- Coffee/tea French Press and tea making amenities
- Hot water bottles in winter
- Solar-powered lights
- Luxury, complimentary, eco-friendly, biodegradable amenities
- Plumbed toilets
- Bush facing shaded patio
- Foot refreshing baths for after those long walks
- The Mkhulu Tent with a bush view, lounge with bar, books and board games
- Reservoir style, metal pool, partially surrounded by deck with riverbed view, sun-loungers and shade umbrellas
- Dinning around the kgoro or in the Mkhulu Tent
- Solar powered charging facilities
Getting in touch with nature enables you to better understand yourself and what better place to do that, than at Simbavati Trails Camp, where we take every opportunity to share the unexpected with you! This “off the grid” haven in the Timbavati Wilderness, adjacent to the world renowned Kruger National
Park, is a life changing experience that we are privileged to share with you.
Your Day Includes:
- Early morning tea/coffee
- Nature walks (approx 3+ hours )
- Time to relax, enjoy the pool area and surrounds of the camp
- Afternoon Tea
- Afternoon nature walk (approx 3+ hours)
- Dinner on the deck, or around the fire in the open-air boma
- (weather permitting)
Accommodation, all standard meals, two game drives per day, beverages (excluding premium brands and cellar wines) and
- Return transfers from Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport (HDS). Please note special conditions for Simbava Trails Camp.
All other drinks, babysitting, private transfers, gratuities, laundry service, other items of a personal nature,
Timbavati Conservation Levy (will be added to invoices for prepayment, or collected at the lodge directly) of R400 per adult per night and R200 per child under 12 years per night (increasing to R424 per person and R212 per child from 01 Jan 2021).
A vehicle entrance fee of R190 is only payable at the Timbavati Control Gate (subject to change from 01 Jan 2021).
- No children under 16 years of age unless booked as sole use
- Teenagers under the age of 18 years have to share a tent with an adult
Minimum Recommended stay:
- To enjoy the full walking trail experience, a 3-night stay is recommended
Scheduled Transfers - Compulsory (no private cars can drive to the camp)
Collection Time from Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport (HDS) – 13:45.
Departure Time from Simbavati Trails Camp – 11:00. Kindly note that there is only one daily return transfer from HDS. Self-drive guests will also have to use this transfer. If you are planning to drop a rental car at Hoedspruit Airport, please ensure that you arrive well before the scheduled departure me, as unfortunately we cannot wait for late arrivals. The transfer me is approximately 11⁄2 hour.
Notes and other Rates
Pilot / Driver’s Room: R1 140 (excl. drinks, game drives subject to availability)
Tour Leader / Guide: R1 320 (only with a minimum of 10 paying guests)
Payment & Cancellation for Simbavati Safari Lodges:
- 10% deposit is due within 7 days (for FIT) or
- 25% within 14 days (for Groups) from date of reservation to guarantee the booking.
- Easter and Christmas periods’ bookings require a 25% non-refundable deposit.
- The balance is to be settled 30 days prior to the arrival of the guests.
Cancellation fees (up to 3 rooms, for 4 or more rooms see T & C’s):
- All cancellations and changes have to be in writing
- Up to 61 days prior to arrival: 10% cancellation fee (total booking value)
- 31 to 60 days prior to arrival: 25% cancellation fee (total booking value)
Scheduled Transfers are compulsory (no private cars may drive to the camp). Collection Time from Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport (HDS) – 13:45.
Departure Time from Simbavati Trails Camp – 11:00.
Kindly note that there is only one daily return transfer from HDS. Self-drive guests will also have to use this transfer. If you are planning to drop a rental car at HDS, please ensure that you arrive well before the scheduled departure time, as unfortunately we cannot wait for late arrivals. The transfer time is approximately 11⁄2 hours.