Tanda Tula Safari Camp is an owner-run tented game lodge situated in the heart of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, forming part of the Greater Kruger National Park. Tanda Tula is the oldest safari camp in the Timbavati. Steeped in history, our roots go back many generations linking conservation and the Shangaan culture, and our joy is sharing it with the world.
As one of South Africa’s most luxurious tented bushveld lodges, we offer our guests an unforgettable experience in game viewing, warm hospitality and award-winning cuisine. Consisting of 12 luxurious tents, Tanda Tula Safari Camp exudes elegance and combines comfort and style with African roots. The open plan lodge, which is completely unfenced, merges luxury with the natural environment.
Tanda Tula Safari Camp is sanctuary to Africa’s Big Five, with traversing over more than 20,000 ha of wilderness and undisturbed biodiversity. As there are no fences between the Timbavati and Kruger National Park, game are able to roam freely between the two, offering guests an incredible African wildlife experience. Our highly skilled ranger and tracker teams guide our guests in the early mornings and evenings, in open Land Rovers or on foot.
Luxury Tent x 12
Minimum 2 Nights
|1 Jan - 31 Dec 2021|
|Per Person Sharing Per Night||R12 600|
|Per teen per night (13 – 19 years)||R9 450|
|Per child per night (6 – 12 years)||R6 300|
|Star Bed Surcharge per night (maximum 2 guests)
Available March – September. Settled directly in Camp
|Guide & Pilot Tent - Per person per night||R2 145|
|Conservation Levy - Per person per night||R 400|
|Tanda Tula Foundation Contrybution - Per person per stay||R 150|
Immerse yourself into the Safari Camp experience for longer. Stay for 7 nights and only pay for 5.
EXPERIENCE THE BEST OF BOTH: valid all year
Combine 3 nights at Safari Camp and 3 nights at Field Camp and receive the 3rd night free at Field Camp
HONEYMOONS: valid all year (non-combinable)
One partner receives 75% off. Minimum 3 nights and includes 1 complimentary private romantic dinner,
served on the couple’s private deck. Honeymooners must stay within 1 year of marriage.
Combine 3 nights at Safari Camp and 3 nights at Field Camp and receive the 3rd night a Field Camp free.
STAY LONGER: valid all year (2021)
Explore for longer. Stay for 5 nights and only pay for 4
Tanda Tula Safari Camp has some of the most highly trained guides and trackers in the region. Tailoring game viewing experiences, guides and trackers will offer informative, exciting and unique game viewing experiences while respecting the animals at all times.
We invite you to explore the Timbavati with us.
Spanning more than 55 000 hectares and open to the Kruger National Park, the Timbavati is known for its diversity of animals including the Big Five. During your stay you are likely to spot a variety of wildlife including elephant, lion, leopard, large herds of buffalo, rhino, zebra, giraffe, wildebeest, kudu and the rare wild dogs. Two daily game drives are led by our professional guides and trackers, providing the perfect opportunity to get up close to African game.
Game drive vehicles accommodate a maximum of 6 guests in order to ensure an exclusive safari experience.
GUIDED SAFARI WALKS
Guided walks, between one and two hours, usually take place after breakfast.
Your expert guide will lead you as you track game on foot and explore the African wilderness and learn more about the smaller creatures and flora of the region.
Bush breakfasts are a superb way to end the morning game drive. Set out on the banks of the riverbed, our chefs prepare an extensive continental buffet and a cooked English breakfast feast.
Lunches are set up in different locations in camp daily. Dinners are a social affair, set in various locations every night often getting closer to nature. Our guests are seated at one long table and are hosted by our staff, guides, managers and owners.
Tanda Tula Safari Camp consists of 12 private, luxury tents. The East African styled tents are the epitome of elegance, comfort and style, mirroring the early tented camps of Africa. Each luxurious tent features its own en-suite bathroom, Victorian bathtub, outdoor shower and a spacious deck with a breathtaking view of the riverbed and African bush.
12 private tented suites
All luxury tents have en suite bathrooms and outdoor showers, complimentary mini bars, and private decks overlooking the riverbed and African bush
Electricity & power are available with 220V. Converters are supplied in each tent.
A main lounge overlooking the riverbed swimming pool and watering hole
We accommodate only 6 guests per game drive vehicle in order to ensure an exclusive safari experience
Our chefs are able to cater for any special dietary requirement
A gift shop featuring safari clothing as well as arts and crafts from the region
Premium wines and champagne menu
WEATHER AND WHAT TO PACK
Summer and winter months vary in temperature, and as such we recommend guests tailor their clothing to suit the seasons:
Summer (from 01 October to 30 April): With temperatures ranging from 25°C to 50°C, pack shorts, T-shirts, swimming costumes, long trousers and a light jersey or fleece.
Winter (From 01 May to 30 September: With temperatures ranging from 15°C to 25°C, pack long trousers and long-sleeved t-shirts/shirts, a fleece, warm jacket, beanie, scarf, warm shoes and warm pajamas.
Children of 8 years and older are welcome
There is limited cell phone coverage, we encourage our guests to keep their phones on silent throughout their stay
Tanda Tula is flexible to dietary requirements
- Transfers to and from Rockfig Airstrip in the Timbavati.
- Accommodation, all meals and drinks (excluding connoisseur wines and French Champagne).
- Safari activities (maximum 6 guests per vehicle at Tanda Tula Safari Camp).
- Laundry and mini-bar at Tanda Tula Safari Camp.
- 15% VAT.
- Transfers to and from outside the Timbavati and Tanda Tula.
- Connoisseur wines and French Champagne, curios, gratuities & telephone calls
- Timbavati Conservation Levy
- Landing fees at Rockfig airstrip per person per landing/take-off R 385
- Timbavati vehicle entrance fee per vehicle for self-drive guests only, payable at the control gate R 155
- Balance of payment is due not later than 45 days prior arrival in low season and 60 days prior to arrival in peak season.
- For group bookings (4 tents ore more) balance of payment is due 60 days prior to arrival.
- For any reservation made 30 days or less prior to arrival , full payment is due immidiately.
- Children aged 8 and older are welcome.
In compliance with Timbavati capacity regulations, Tanda Tula sees children as adults and they are allocated a tent, even when sharing with adults:
o 1 child sharing with adults = single rate applies
o 2 children = standard rates apply
- Cancellation 59 days or less prior to arrival: 100% of total accommodation.
- All cancelled bookings that qualify for a refund, will be refunded less a 5% handing fee.
PRIVATE SAFARI VEHICLE
- Please note that due to Timbavati capacity regulations, Tanda Tula is unable to offer private vehicles.
- Private vehicles can be booked at Safari Camp at a premium rate equivalent to 3 double tents: (2018) R 77 245 (2019) R77 625 per night.
- This rate is fully inclusive and includes accommodation up to 6 guests, private vehicle, ranger, and tracker. As this is subject to availability, please enquire before quoting.
- Please Note: standard game drive policy at Safari Camp is max 6 guests per vehicle.
- As an alternative, we recommend Tanda Tula Field Camp for a completely exclusive safari experience.
- ROAD: Road transfers can be arranged from Hoedspruit, Phalaborwa and Nelspruit airports to Tanda Tula. All transfers are in closed, air-conditioned vehicles.
- AIR: Federal Air have a daily scheduled flight from Johannesburg to Rockfig Airstrip. Rates include complimentary return transfers between Rockfig Airstrip and the camp in an open 4x4.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Provisional reservations may be held for a limited period of time, after which time the Agent/Operator is required to either release or confirm the reservation by paying the applicable deposit.
Valid all year
- Payment of 25% of the total reservation value within 14 days of confirmation (refundable on terms of cancellation).
- Payment of the balance due at 60 days prior to arrival
- For any reservation made 30 days or less prior to arrival, full payment is due immediately.
- *NB: In high volume periods, confirmation of bookings is required within 14 days of having made the booking, all confirmed bookings will be required to pay a 25% non-refundable deposit
- 90 days prior to arrival: full payment
- 4 tents or more
- 90 days prior to arrival: final review and unsold tents to be released.
- Deposits will be requested at the full discretion of the Reservations Manager.