An exclusive and luxurious bush villa located in the midst of the renowned Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, provides the ideal hideaway for discerning guests. The Villa is accepting guests from the 1 July 2018 onwards and is open for reservations now.
In the midst of the world-renowned game-rich Timbavati Private Nature Reserve lies a grand and somewhat stately five star, 4 bedroom country villa hugged by wild bushveld and endless vistas of the Kruger. Walkers Bush Villa is an ornate, yet relaxed, bush hideaway furnished with decor that marries Karen Blixen’s “Out of Africa” to the Tate Gallery.
It's a fully-catered experience with a highly qualified chef at your disposal, and comes complete with safari activities tailor-made to suit guests' needs. Expect daily game drives, bush dinners, sundowners, an array of children's activities, boma sessions around the campfire and a completely private and exclusive safari experience.
Original owners of Critchley Hackle Lodge and Walkersons Hotel and Spa in Dullstroom, Ingrid and Howard Walker certainly aren’t strangers to creating exceptional destinations. With their expertise in the industry spanning 25 years, Howard and Ingrid are firmly cemented in the tourism industry.
|01 Jan 2019 to 31 December 2019|
|Walkers Bush Villa||R57 600|
Walkers Bush Villa is an exclusive use villa and sleeps up to 8 guests in 4 suites. The villa is sold on a fully-catered basis, with the services of a chef, housekeeper, game ranger and tracker.
Furnished with eclectic art and hints of Africa throughout, Walkers is certainly reminiscent of a bygone era. The villa offers its visitors an opportunity to be surrounded by luxury interiors and wild surrounds in a revered reserve.
Walkers Bush Villa is furnished with a variety of collectibles, handcrafted items, classic art pieces and opulent finishes. There are hints of Africa throughout the villa, with original Dylan Lewis sculptures and other artworks adorning secret nooks and crannies. Tall ceilings with rafters welcome you into the entrance lounge that is dominated by a chandelier and wall-to-floor artworks. This open area flows through to the patio and across the swimming pool and lawns; which means endless views from the moment you step into Walkers. Off-set from the main lounge is a smaller, relaxation lounge to the left and to the right, an indoor dining area.
The extensive patio, with its views of the wilderness beyond, is the ideal place to relax. There are a number of seating areas, couches and tables. The patio leads down into the pool area that rests on perfect lawns providing ample space for kids to run around. There is a boma area complete with campfire, and even an outdoor Sala for a spot of reading or yoga.
In terms of activities, there are daily game drives, bush walks, bush braais, bush breakfasts, sundowner sessions, and an array of children’s activities on offer. This a fully-catered place with a private chef that will arrange meals according to your needs - just perfect for small groups or families travelling together.
FEATURES AND FACILITIES
- 4 bedrooms : 1 double (master) and 3 twin rooms that can be configured to form King size beds
- Rooms have ensuite bathrooms with showers and bath
- Beds can be configured to accommodate for children
- The villa sleeps 8 people
- Air-con throughout
- Amenities provided. They include: soap hand wash, shower gel, insect repellent, and sunscreen
- Locally manufactured organic range of bathroom products
- 2 lounge areas, one with TV
- Full DSTV
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas
- Numerous outdoor dining areas on patio
- Swimming Pool
- Boma area with campfire set-up
- Sala area for reading/relaxing
- Massive lawns that are fenced off from the bushveld
Highly qualified rangers and guides will tailor-make your safari experience to suit your group. Daily game drives, sundowners, bush breakfasts and guided walks can be expected.
The safari experience at Walkers provides ample game viewing opportunities and time out to relax in pristine surrounds. Morning and afternoon game drives are about 3 hours long, and include a coffee stop (morning) and sundowner stop (afternoon), which have become traditional aspects of safari.
The hours in between drives can be spent relaxing at the pool, or reading a book in the lounge. You are more than welcome to explore the grounds to find birds that can be heard calling through camp.
- Morning and afternoon game drives in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Bird watching from the comfort of camp
- Bush dinners
- High tea
- Boma Dinners around the campfire
- Sundowners in a special location
- Bush walks upon request
- Bush breakfasts
- An array of children’s activities can be arranged
- Special occasion set-ups can be organised
The pace of life at Walkers is entirely up to the guest. As an exclusive-use villa retreat, the schedule can be managed and tailor-made according to the group.
In most private safari lodges, the day begins with a bush walk or game drive. This is to take advantage of the time of day when predators are active.
Here is an idea of how a typical day on safari is structured :
- 05h30: Wake up for quick coffee before morning game drive
- 06h00: Morning game drive departs
- 09h00: Return to camp and spend the day according to own plans
- 16h30: Depart for afternoon game drive, including sundowners
- 19h30: Return to camp with ready-made campfire in the boma, and an exquisite dinner set-up
Following in the footsteps of the herbivorous mammals are the carnivorous species of the South African bush. Lion, leopard, hyena, cheetah, African wild dog, and the Nile crocodile are some of the prominent predators residing in the Kruger region. The Timbavati is also home to the rare white lions that roam the wild. Smaller predators include jackal, mongoose, civet, and genet.
Some of the world’s largest mammals find their home in South Africa, where elephant, giraffe, hippo, buffalo, and rhino reside in the wild Kruger Park. Game drives in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve lead to unforgettable sightings of these large species, in addition to general game, such as zebra, impala, kudu, gnu, waterbuck, bushbuck, duiker, and steenbok.
The Timbavati habitat accommodates a complete smorgasbord of birder’s delights. Water birds such as herons, storks, plovers, spoonbills, and sandpipers are common along dam edges; kingfishers, orioles, robins, chats, larks, cisticolas, and coucals are some of the veld and woodland birds around; while birds of prey are seen and heard throughout the day.
Walkers Bush Villa is located in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve on land belonging to Howard and Ingrid Walker.
The Timbavati is a renowned nature reserve on Kruger Park’s western boundary, nestled between the Manyeleti in the south and the Klaserie in the north. It shares unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park and the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve.
From Hoedspruit town it is only 25 km to the villa. From Hoedspruit town take the R40 to White River. After 7 km turn left onto the Eastgate Airport/Timbavati Road (if approaching from White River side, then turn right 7km before Hoedspruit town). Pass through small security gate.
Go 18 Km to the large security gate and tell them you are going to "Walker" – the guards will instruct you to turn immediately right after crossing the cattle-grid. There is a stone marked WALKER. Welcome - you have arrived!
* Do not pay as the gate is on the property and guests to the villa enter free of charge.
CATERED RATE INCLUDES
- all meals,
- local drinks (both soft and alcoholic),
- housekeeping services,
- two game viewing activities per day and the services of a professional game ranger and tracker.
- All personal items,
- any item not described above,
- Timbavati Conservation Levy R328 per person per day, R164 per child under 12 years old per day
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rands.
- Rates are quoted per camp per night.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Rates include government taxes where applicable.
- If taxes increase, we reserve the right to increase the rate accordingly.
- Please note that only Visa and MasterCard are accepted at the Camp.
ROAD TRANSFERS 2018
- OR Tambo Airport to Walkers Bush Villa or vice versa: R6 760 per way (up to 8 guests)
- Hoedspruit/Eastgate to Walkers Bush Villa or vice versa: R2 020 per way (up to 8 guests)
- KMIA (Nelspruit) to Walkers Bush Villa or vice versa: R3 330 per way (up to 8 guests)
Cancellation of all bookings must be in writing and is only effective on receipt of the written notification.
- If cancellation of any booking, or any part thereof, is received 31 days or prior to arrival, the deposit will be forfeited.
- If cancellation of any booking, or any part thereof, is received 30 to 8 days or prior to arrival, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged.
- If cancellation of any booking, or any part thereof, is received 7 to 0 days or prior to arrival, a 80% cancellation fee will be charged.
The amounts required to confirm a booking are as follows:
- Direct Guests are required to pay a 30% deposit within 14 days to confirm a reservation, with the balance due payable 45 days before the guest’s arrival.
Balance of Payment
- Balance of payment is due 45 days prior to arrival.
Travel insurance is compulsory, covering for cancellation, personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses.