Breakaway to Ingwenyama Conference & Sport Resort
A beautiful, tranquil country estate nestled in the town of White River, Mpumalanga on the outskirts of Nelspruit or otherwise known as Mbombela, known for its great food, comfy accommodation, superb facilities and immaculate gardens. A mere 4 hour drives from the bustling city life of Johannesburg and Pretoria.
Ingwenyama is 35 kms away from the world famous Biosphere Kruger National Park, the closest gate being the Numbi Gate. We are 20km from Nelspruit town, 18km from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, 5km from Nelspruit and the gateway to the Panorama route.
Ingwenyama is a sought after destination for those wanting to escape the city life, for the corporate seeking a unique business experience or for the sporting team looking for a pre-season camp facility.
We have been very privileged over the last 22 years in hosting many dignitaries and VIP’s but for us our biggest accolade to date has been the privilege in being one of 32 venues in South Africa to host a world cup squad in 2010, we hosted Chile.
Ingwenyama Conference & Sports Resort has been striving to make this winning resort the perfect place for work and play. This is a difficult balance to achieve but following recent developments we believe we have created a truly unique destination catering for all guest requirements in an absolutely spectacular setting.
|Details||01 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Standard Room Single||R1 395|
|Standard Room Per Person Per Night Sharing||R1 020|
|Deluxe Room Single||R1 560|
|Deluxe Room Per Person Per Night Sharing||R1 135|
|Family Room Single||R1 655|
|Family Room Per Person Per Night Sharing||R1 210|
- Team Building
|01 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019||Single||Sharing|
|Standard Room||R 1,425||R 945|
|Deluxe Room||R 1,600||R 1,065|
|Family Room||R 1,685||R1,125|
Rates are quoted per person per night and are inclusive of accommodation, breakfast and VAT at 15%
- Children 12 years and younger are accommodated free of of charge, room only when sharing with parents. Maximum 1 child.
- Children 13 years and older are accommodated in their own rooms and pay full adult rates
Triple Sharing: Not applicable, rooms accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 1 child under the age of 13. Charged at the per person sharing rate, limited to 15 triple rooms available
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The above rates are valid for SA & SADC residents only
- A South African ID or passport number will be required when confirming the reservation and on check-in at the property
- Valid for new reservations only from date of issue
- There is a limited allocation of rooms available on the above rates and standard rates will be charged if the allocation is full
- The above rates are valid for individual reservations and may not be used for group bookings of 5 or more rooms
- The gate entry fees stated above are subject to change without prior notification
LONG WEEKENDS & MIN NIGHT STAY PERIODS:
19 - 23 April 2019; 14 - 18 June 2019; 09-12 August 2019
15 December 2019 - 03 January 2020
Standard Terms and conditions apply, please quote the following booking code at time of reservation- DOMSUM
Standard | Deluxe | Luxury | Family
- Standard twin – 46 room
- Deluxe twin – 60 (rooms with Balcony & Shower)
- Suites – 5
- Bridal Suite – 1
- Triple rooms – 15 (Three 3 quarter beds per room)
- Family rooms – 6 ( 4 rooms with showers & 2 rooms with baths)
Breakfast, or breakfast and dinner in the restaurant
Use of the Gym facilities between 5h00-19h30 Monday to Thursday and 5h00-18h30 on Fridays, with Saturdays been from 07h00 to 10am and closed on Sundays.
We tailor-make all conference packages to suit the organization’s individual requirements.
Our Full Day Conference Package
Tailor-made to cater for the modern delegate:
- Tea\Coffee on arrival
- Mid-morning break with refreshments
- Full buffet lunch
- Mid-afternoon break with refreshments
- Bottled water (2) with Mints
- Pen & notepad per person
- Use of the conference venue
- Breakaway venue rates can be advised upon request
A wide range of specialised technical equipment can be supplied on request.
Standard Equipment includes:
- Screen (selected venues only)
- Bottled water (2)
- Audio-visual equipment pricing is available
Our restaurant, offers a al a carte experience or buffet that reflect our executive chef’s passion for the freshest seasonal produce available, and a wine list that will cater for most wine connoisseurs. We are able to offer changes in food scenery by utilizing several of our outdoor venues the boma or the lapa for a more traditional menu and BBQ’s and being outdoors enjoying the traditional boma fire. For the hot summer evenings the swimming pool bar for live cooking evenings. We offer Mongolian or Chinese stirfry experiences, pizza and paste evenings and or Slouvaki BBQ experience whilst enjoying the refreshing pool for a cool down. The outdoor lap pool next to the pool bar is perfect for a weekend of unwinding and relaxation. Visit our bar for pre or post dinner drinks, enjoy a sumptuous buffet breakfast in our restaurant, and order a gourmet picnic to savour on your adventures and explorations of the Lowveld area. We have four great golf courses within a pitching wedge of Ingwenyama for those Dads who do not want to explore the sights sounds or Malls in the area.
O.R. Tambo International Airport
1 Jones Rd, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, 1632, South Africa
Get on R21
4 min (2.0 km)
Follow N12 and N4 to R36 in Mpumalanga. Exit from N4
2 h 12 min (233 km)
Take R539 to N4
40 min (60.9 km)
Follow N4. Exit from N4
17 min (27.4 km)
Take Provincial P9/2 Rd/R40 to your destination
18 min (15.9 km)
Ingwenyama Conference & Sports Resort
Farm 64, White River, 1240, South Africa
These directions are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather, or other events may cause conditions to differ from the map results, and you should plan your route accordingly. You must obey all signs or notices regarding your route.
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
Fastest route 24 min -18,1 km
25 min - 18,2km
via R538 and Chief Mgiyeni Khumalo Dr
29 min - 19.8 km
Team building is the use of different types of team interventions that are aimed at enhancing social relations and clarifying team members’ roles, as well as solving task and interpersonal problems that affect team functioning.
Team building was originally a group process intervention aimed at improving interpersonal relations and social interactions but over time has developed to include achieving results, meeting goals and accomplishing tasks.
There is consensus and conceptual clarity about what team building constitutes exactly. The four components are:
Goal setting: emphasizes setting objectives and developing individual and team goals. Team members become involved in action planning to identify ways to achieve goals. It is designed to strengthen team member motivation to achieve team goals and objectives.
Role clarification: emphasizes increasing communication among team members regarding their respective roles within the team. Team members improve their understanding of their own and others’ respective roles and duties within the team. The team, and how best to use it, allows members to understand why clear roles are important. The members should also realize that they are interdependent and the failure of one team member leads to the failure of the entire team.
Problem solving: emphasizes identifying major task-related problems within the team. Team members become involved in action planning, implementing solutions to identified problems and to evaluate those solutions. They practice setting goals, developing interpersonal relations, clarifying team roles, and working to improve organizational characteristics through problem-solving tasks. Interpersonal relations management: this intervention emphasizes increasing teamwork skills (i.e. mutual supportiveness, communication, and sharing of feelings). Team members develop trust in one another and confidence in the team.
Environment: teams are not closed systems. It is critical that they interact effectively with their external environments. Teams need good diplomatic relationships with key managers, union officials, other teams, and the functions that affect their performance. Team members must feel free to disagree with each other during team meetings but should present a united, positive front to the rest of the organization.
Challenges to team building
There are three challenges that team builders will face regarding effective team building.
- The lack of teamwork skills in tomorrow’s workforce: one of the challenges facing leaders of organizations is to find employees who have the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- The increasing need for teams to work together in virtual workplaces and across organizational boundaries.
- Globalization and teamwork: the globalization of industry also will make teamwork more challenging in the future. Teams of the future will be compared more and more of team members who have dissimilar languages, cultures, values and approaches to solving the problems.
So what we do is custom design our exercises to the wants and needs of every business and what they would like to achieve. We have a various programmes we run and will be happy to sit and discuss your needs and suggest some great ideas and programmes to run with your team. As we like to say we are Chosen by teams on the move and champion teams, so we can most definitely assist your team.
The above rates are quoted per person per night
- Accommodation, breakfast, TOMSA levy and VAT at 15%
- Buffet Dinner Rates: (2018) R 265,00 (2019) R290 per person per night
- The above rates are applicable for groups of 10 or more rooms. Dinner must be pre-booked 72 hours prior to arrival.
Driver / Guide Policy:
- Applicable for group bookings and for bona fide tour leaders, guides and drivers only
- 1 x single room FOC if 10 - 20 full paying rooms are confirmed, bed and breakfast basis
- 2 x single rooms FOC if 21 or more full paying rooms are confirmed, bed and breakfast bais
- Should the group be booked on a DBB (Half Board) basis then the complimentary room/s will include dinner as well
- Children 12 years and younger are accommodated free of of charge, room only when sharing with parents. Maximum 1 child
- Children 13 years and older are accommodated in their own rooms and pay full adult rates
- Charged at the per person sharing rate, limited to 15 triple rooms available
Ingwenyama offers the perfect exclusive venue for your wedding ceremony, with various spectacular settings to choose from. This exquisite establishment, not only promises distinct quality and excellent service, but also guarantees a memorable experience with style, grace and opulence.
We understand that your wedding day is one of the most memorable days of your life and also a very special day. Ingwenyama has a dedicated and passionate wedding team who take couples through the journey of wedding planning and ensure the successful management of your wedding day. From quotations to cutting the cake, we manage every step.
Our meals are prepared by top flight chefs using the finest fresh ingredients to meet the individual’s needs, the options may vary from classic, traditional home cooked styles to haute cuisine and can be options between plated and buffet.
We offer an on-site Chapel, Honeymoon Suite and a range of banquets venues. We also offer wedding reception venues and picturesque gardens thus bringing any dream wedding to life. We have a host of wedding packages all of which cater for any type of budget. A wedding at Ingwenyama can be a dream come true.
The next morning a buffet breakfast will be served to all guests who stayed over to congratulate the couple and their future together.
Wedding facilities include:
- Bride and Groom accommodation
- A variety of menu options
We highly recommend coming through to visit our property to view on facilities in person, kindly contact one of our team members to book your appointment.
Ingwenyama Conference & Sport Resorts High Performance Centre is a world-class sports training destination in South Africa that offers high performance sports training for sports teams and professional athletes both local and abroad.
With training facilities, fully equipped changing rooms and a high performance gym, Ingwenyama is the ideal location for sports teams and professionals who highly regard their privacy while training for major events.
Whether you are an international sports team or a sports professional training for a world-wide event, you can be sure of absolute security and total confidentiality, in a place where you can live, relax and breathe in fresh country air, catered for performance and conditioning of your body.
Ingwenyama combines a world-class training base alongside a range of professionally designed sports fields serviced by cutting-edge equipment and top-class facilities.
Lying at an altitude of 1 375m above sea level, which is ideally located for sports professionals who seek the benefits of medium high altitude training. Equipped with a high performance gym that offers state-of-the-art cardiovascular conditioning programmes, as well as elite sports- and fitness training personnel, the Ingwenyama High Performance Centre can assist teams and their coaches in all aspects of training.
The High Performance centre boasts a dedicated association with medical- and rehabilitation centres serviced by a team of sports medicine, physicians, physical therapists and bio kinetics specialists, including a range of sports consultants who are fully trained to work with all levels of sports-related injuries.
High Performance Centre Facilities
- Equipped Physio room
- Steam rooms and sauna
- Ice Baths
- Rehabilitation pool area
- World-class fully equipped gym
- Boardroom area
- Free WIFI
- 2 soccer pitches(1x A-grade under stadium lights, 1x B-grade)
- 1 rugby field (B grade)
- 3 cricket nets and 1x grass pitch cricket net
- Cricket Oval with 3 pitches
The medical centres are equipped to:
- Reduce pain from sports-related injuries or conditions
- Speed up recovery
- Boost athletic performance
- Teach injury-prevention strategies