The lodge consists of three camps - Tandane, Mkhiwa and Emtomeni. Each camp has six luxury suites, a plunge pool, private viewing deck, dining area and boma. All the camps are private, yet within easy access of one another and are all situated on the banks of the Makhutswi River.
Tandane means "place of love". The centre consists of a unique thatch-covered main building, an open kitchen and entertainment area. This is Makalali’s conference venue and ideal for conferences, private dining, weddings, gala events, etc. The use of flame torches creates a mystical and fiery African ambience at night.
Mkhiwa means Sycamore Fig and is named after the large fig tree which stands over the main area creating some welcome shade.
Emtomeni, Mkhiwa’s sister camp, means Jackelberry tree. This camp is able to accommodate groups who require more than six rooms at a time. However each camp can still run separately with its own dining area, to create that personal touch.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Makalali Game Lodge single||4 635.00|
|Makalali Game Lodgeper person sharing||3 052.00|
|Children (under 12yrs)||1 540.00|
|Makalali Game Lodge single||4 780.00|
|Makalali Game Lodgeper person sharing||3 195.00|
|Children (under 12yrs)||1 595.00|
|Description||01 Apr 2017 to 30 Sept 2017|
|SA Resident Rate - Per Person Per Night Sharing||2 140.00|
|7 Day Rate - Per Person Per Night Sharing||1 905.00|
|Minimum 3 Night Stay - Per Person Per Night Sharing||1 905.00|
- Rate includes all meals and 2 game drives daily
- Rate excludes Park Entry fees of R190 per person per stay
- Anti-poaching: R190 per person per night from 2nd night onwards
- Rates are subject to availability.
- Single rate is a 50% supplement of the sharing rate.
- Children between the ages 6 – 12 years will pay 50% of the adult sharing rate. Children over 12 are charged as adults.
- The above Conservation Levies are subject to change
This will be for any new bookings be placed at the lodge.
• Rates are subject to change without prior notice
• Rates include VAT, all meals, 2 game drives daily
• Rates exclude conservation levy
Excludes conservation levy
Standard Room: Maximum 2 adults
Standard Room with Sleeper Couch: Maximum 2 adults and 1 child on sleeper couch
Family Room: Maximum 2 adults and 3 children on beds
Third Person Sharing: Not Applicable
Babysitting facilities are offered ta R110/ sitter/hr.
There exists an option of a sole use vehicle at R3450 per day to facilitate children under 6 on game drives should the family require this.
Children under age of 6 not permitted on game drives.
Game Lodges Policy:
- Children: 0 - 5 years of age
- Stay free of charge only when sharing with two full paying adults, meals charged on consumption
- Children: 6 - 11 years of age
- Pay 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with two full paying adults
- Full adult rate applicable if occupying their own room
- Children: 12 years & older
- Occupy their own room and pay full adult rate
At Game Lodges, children under the age of 12 years will be accommodated on special children's game drives. This is subject to availability and at the discretion of the lodge manager.
• In order to secure your reservation, we require a 50% deposit on confirmation of the booking and the balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. For bookings made within 30 days of travel, full payment is required on confirmation.
• We have the right to request deposits or full payment in advance in the case of large groups, long stays, peak periods or high occupancy