Earth Lodge is a sanctuary symbolising a new era in luxury South African safari lodges. Sculpted into a slope of the earth, almost invisible in the landscape, the lodge uses texture, light and space to present a lodge like no other. Taking its cue from the surrounding environment, it has been described as the most environmentally sensitive lodge in Africa.
Earth Lodge reveals itself in a series of sensory revelations. On arrival a hidden corridor leads you down on a journey to a unique and unforgettable experience. The unexpected entrance opens to a panorama of uninterrupted bushveld. As in nature everything at Earth Lodge exists in harmony and you are immediately aware of a sense of calm and a restoring spirit.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
Per person sharing per night
|11 Jan 2019 to 19 Dec 2019||R19 900|
|20 Dec 2019 to 31 Dec 2019||R22 885|
|01 Jan 2020 to 10 Jan 2020||R27 460|
|11 Jan 2020 to 19 Dec 2020||R23 880|
|Amber Presidential Suite
Per person sharing per night
|11 Jan 2019 to 19 Dec 2019||R29 900|
|20 Dec 2019 to 31 Dec 2019||R34 385|
|01 Jan 2020 to 10 Jan 2020||R41 260|
|11 Jan 2020 to 19 Dec 2020||R35 880|
Amber Suite Includes private Safari Vehicle
The outdoor boma, its walls sculpted from tree roots and piled up piece by piece, captures the drama of the African night and evokes the power of the wilderness.
An indoor/outdoor dining area overlooking a waterhole and unending bushveld, a secluded library, art gallery, meditation garden; and an underground wine cellar with a collection of over 6000 bottles of rare wines, the venue for an unforgettable dining experience - everything at this luxury lodge has been created for your indulgence.
While on safari escape to the Amani Spa at Earth Lodge and indulge in holistic body, skin and beauty rituals, treatments and massages. At the Amani Spa we create magical moments and turn them into special memories. Treat yourself to one of our individually designed treatment packages for any occasion - honeymoon, birthday or anniversary. Share the experience with your partner in the couple's treatment suite. Or simply indulge yourself because you deserve it!
Each morning and evening you will depart from this luxury safari lodge into the wilderness, either by open Land Rover or on foot for a walking safari, accompanied by your armed and knowledgeable Game Ranger and Shangaan Tracker. Close enough to share in a thrilling encounter with Africa's beautiful wild creatures.
AMBER PRESIDENTIAL SUITE AT EARTH LODGE
LUXURY SAFARI LODGE
Earth Lodges presidential suite, the Amber Suite is a study in elegance, sophistication, luxury and indulgence. From the enormous proportions to the private pool, from the private dining facility to the sumptuous decor to the unending bushveld view, the Amber Suite matches up to the best in the world.
Comprising a double bedroom with magnificent carved wooden headboard; en suite bathroom with huge, egg-shaped stone bath; study, steam room, kitchen and dining area, the suite captures the spirit of nature and luxury in once unique experience.
The Amber Suite features Earth Lodge′s unique, unadorned finish that belies the 5 Star luxury that has made it a favourite the world over. A booking at the Amber Suite comes standard with a private open safari vehicle for game viewing.
SINGLE ROOM POLICY (Excludes 20th December 2018 – 10th January 2019 & 20th – 31st December 2019)
- There will be no single supplement for up to a maximum of 2 suites per booking. (Excluding Deluxe Suites, Presidential Suites and Luxury Villas where a single supplement will apply). Thereafter, guests occupying single suites will be levied a supplement of an additional 50% of the specified daily rate.
- The above rates are per person sharing per night and include open safari vehicle safaris by day and at night to see Africa’s big game accompanied by qualified rangers and trackers, environmental awareness walking safaris, breakfast, lunch, “boma” dinner, a house selection of beverages, WiFi and transfers from our Sabi Sabi Airstrip. Our tariff includes government taxes (VAT).
- Optional extras available are spa treatments at Amani Spa, a selection from our cellar wine collection, premium brand drinks, boutique purchases, telephone calls, laundry and transfers from Skukuza Airport.
- All rates exclude a Guest Conservation Contribution (GCC) of R138 (VAT inclusive) per person per night, collected on behalf of the Sabi Sand Wildtuin (SSW).
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin entrance fees will be charged for all entries from outside the reserve.
- Sabi Sabi reserves the right to change tariffs without notice subject to implementation or variations of taxes or levies by any authority or the government.
Deposits, cancellation fees and the 5% handling fee are calculated on the total of the invoice.
- On Booking 25%
- 45 Day prior arrival 75%
Deposit conditions must be strictly adhered to, failing which Sabi Sabi reserves the right to cancel the booking. If booking within 45 days of arrival, payment of the total cost of the full stay as specified in the Invoice is required.
Cancellation & Room Reduction Fees
- 0-20 Day Prior to arrival 100%
- 21- 45 Day Prior to arrival 25%
- 46+ Day Prior to arrival 5%
Cancellation Fees are levied only if losses are incurred by Sabi Sabi as a result of the cancellation.
Should the accommodation be resold in full or in part, cancellation fees will be refunded in full or pro rata less a 5% handling fee.
All reservation amendments or cancellations are valid only if made in writing and the onus of proving delivery to Sabi Sabi of such amendments or cancellations will be on the party relying thereon.
Christmas Peak Season Pre-Payment – 20th December 2018 – 10th January 2019 & 20th – 31st December 2019
- Please note that a Peak Season Surcharge will apply to all reservations during this period.
- Full pre-payment of all services (accommodation and relevant transfers) is to be made to Sabi Sabi by 31st August 2018 / 31st August 2019. Any payments not received will result in an automatic release of accommodation for the high season period.
Christmas Peak Season Cancellation & Room Reduction Fees
- 0-60 Day Prior to arrival 100%
- 61- 90 Day Prior to arrival 50%
- 91+ Day Prior to arrival 25%
Bookings received after 1st September 2018 / 1st September 2019 must be paid for in full in order to confirm.
Cancellation policy over Christmas Peak Period is as follows:
- Cancellations between 1st – 20th September 2019 25% Cancellation fee will apply
- Cancellations between 21st September – 20th October 2019 50% Cancellation fee will apply
- Cancellations after the 20th October 2019 100% Cancellation fee will apply
SELATI CAMP, LITTLE BUSH CAMP AND EARTH LODGE
a. Providing there is exclusivity of either lodge with family and / or friend’s children may be allowed and rates are available on request.
SAFARI VEHICLE EXCLUSIVITY
a. If vehicle exclusivity is required a charge of R14 500 for the vehicle per day will be levied. A Day is regarded as lunch to lunch including an afternoon / evening and morning safari. Vehicle exclusivity is subject to availability and is based on the following seating capacities:
- Bush Lodge – 8 seats
- Little Bush Camp, Selati Camp and Earth Lodge – 6 seats
b. Vehicle exclusivity must be pre-booked and the surcharge, where applicable, will be charged to the extras account.
ELEFUN CENTRE – BUSH LODGE
a. Target age group: 4 - 12 years.
b. Children under 4 years need to be accompanied to the centre by an adult (parent, family member or child minder, which may be booked through Reception).
c. When there are evening activities in the lounge, children under 4 years need to be accompanied by an adult (parent, family member or child minder, which may be booked through Reception).
d. When the EleFun Centre Coordinator is supervising the children in the evening, her responsibility ends at 21h30, after which time a child minder may be booked to sit with the children.
INSURANCE: Please ensure, and we strongly recommend, that your clients are the beneficiaries of a travel insurance policy covering at least injury, death, medical costs, emergency evacuation, repatriation, loss of or damage to personal belongings (due to theft or otherwise) and cancellation.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
1. Your domicilium and that of your clients will be deemed to be as specified in the Reservation.
2. The booking and all services carried out in terms of the Reservation will be subject to South African law and the jurisdiction of South African courts.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS GROUPS
- Group Definition: 10 or more full paying guests
- Please call us