Imagine the Africa of the great safari era, when blazing sunsets melted into lantern lit romance and service was an effortless whisper. This is the Africa you will experience at Sabi Sabi's Selati Camp, an award winning luxury game lodge in South Africa. Selati Camp combines turn of the century elegance with personalised safari luxury - a rare experience.
It offers the perfect accommodation for travellers looking for a romantic luxury safari lodge in South Africa. Selati is furnished with a historic railway theme and colonial charm and is meticulously created as an authentic home in the bush. The railway theme extends from the original steam engine name plates, signals and shunter's lamps lighting the way to your suite, to interesting memorabilia and other collector's pieces in each room.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
Per Person Sharing Per Night
|11 Jan 2019 to 19 Dec 2019||R14 500|
|20 Dec 2019 to 31 Dec 2019||R16 675|
|1 Jan 2020 to 10 Jan 2020||R18 675|
|11 Jan 2020 19 Dec 2020||R16 240|
|Lourenco Marques Honeymoon Suite
Per Person Sharing Per Night
|11 Jan 2019 to 19 Dec 2019||R16 500|
|20 Dec 2019 to 31 Dec 2019||R18 975|
|1 Jan 2020 to 10 Jan 2020||R21 250|
|11 Jan 2020 19 Dec 2020||R18 480|
|Ivory Presidential Suite
Per Person Sharing Per Night
|11 Jan 2019 to 19 Dec 2019||R19 900|
|20 Dec 2019 to 31 Dec 2019||R22 885|
|1 Jan 2020 to 10 Jan 2020||R25 630|
|11 Jan 2020 19 Dec 2020||R22 290|
|Exclusivity of Camp|
|1 Sep 2019 to 31 Dec 2020||on Request|
Originally created without electricity to preserve the ambience, Selati Camp has now installed overhead fans, air-conditioning and all the trimmings expected from a luxury safari lodge. Nights at Selati are quiet, intimate and possessed of a rare magic. Under the spectacular canopy of the Southern night sky the camp is still romantically lit by the gentle flicker of oil lamps and lanterns, and the warm glow of fires. World-class cuisine is served on wooden thatched decks built alongside the Msuthlu riverbed, in the open air "boma" or in the "farmhouse kitchen".
Safaris take place each morning and evening in open Land Rovers which drive through a wide variety of habitats, allowing visitors to view the vast interactions of the wild. After breakfast, guests on guided walking trails can experience the natural environment on foot. The dedicated, highly trained and experienced Rangers lead you to discover miracles of nature you may never have dreamed existed.
For decades, visitors to Sabi Sabi have been intrigued by the local Shangaan culture and customs of nearby villages. Stories are shared by the many Shangaan staff members who call the private game reserve home; with their rich heritage, in-depth knowledge of the bushveld and local legends adding a fascinating dimension to a memorable safari. Now guests are able to gain even more insight into authentic village life by taking part in a tour of neighbouring communities during their stay at Sabi Sabi. Homes, schools, community centres and sports facilities are participating in the tour; and the proceeds from the small fee levied to guests all go directly back to the community.
LUXURY SAFARI LODGE
Imagine the Africa of the great safari era, when blazing sunsets melted into lantern lit romance and service was an effortless whisper. This is the Africa you will experience at Sabi Sabi’s Selati Camp, an award winning luxury game lodge in South Africa.
During the 1870’s, high in the crevices of the Drakensberg escarpment which rises to the west of Sabi Sabi, gold was discovered. To transport the gold, the parliament of the Old Transvaal Republic commissioned a railway line from the interior to Delagoa Bay in Mozambique. A branch railway known as the Selati Line crossed the Sabi Sand Reserve.
Today the line is disused but the old railbed can still be seen in the north-eastern section of Sabi Sabi, close to Selati Camp. Sabi Sabi’s intimate all-suite Selati Camp is an unforgettable African experiences. It offers the perfect accommodation for travellers looking for a romantic luxury safari lodge in South Africa. Selati is furnished with a historic railway theme and is meticulously created as an authentic home in the bush. The railway theme extends from the original steam engine name plates, signals and shunter’s lamps lighting the way to your suite, to interesting memorabilia and other collector’s pieces in each suite.
Nights at Selati are quiet, intimate and possessed of a rare magic. Under the spectacular canopy of the Southern night sky the camp is still romantically lit by the gentle flicker of oil lamps and lanterns, and the warm glow of fires.,
With its classic vintage styling, this exclusive lodge comprises seven opulent thatched suites, each with full bathroom en-suite and private alfresco shower nestled under majestic indigenous trees. World-class cuisine is served on wooden thatched decks built alongside the Msuthlu riverbed, in the open air “boma” or in the “farmhouse kitchen”.
The premier accommodation at Selati Camp is the sumptuous and spacious , which is a favourite amongst Kings, Queens, and those just looking for exceptional accommodation. It offers grandeur in the form of original antiques, a draped four-poster bed looking out onto your private terrace and has a private plunge pool. The magnificent en-suite bathroom, complete with Persian carpet and antique chaise-lounge, also features a quiet space surrounded by the sounds of the bushveld. The separate dressing room features an antique wardrobe and matching dressing table.
The is a must for or the romantic at heart. Whether it is the fragrant flower petals strewn on the exquisite bedlinen, or the candles illuminating the bathroom on return from the evening safari, a stay in this romantic suite will always be remembered.
Sabi Sabi’s Selati Camp combines turn of the century elegance with personalised safari luxury – a rare experience.
SINGLE ROOM POLICY (Excludes 20th December 2018 – 10th January 2019 & and 20th – 31st December 2019)
- There will be no single supplement for up to a maximum of 2 suites per booking. (Excluding Deluxe Suites, Presidential Suites and Luxury Villas where a single supplement will apply). Thereafter, guests occupying single suites will be levied a supplement of an additional 50% of the specified daily rate.
- The above rates are per person sharing per night and include open safari vehicle safaris by day and at night to see Africa’s big game accompanied by qualified rangers and trackers, environmental awareness walking safaris, breakfast, lunch, “boma” dinner, a house selection of beverages, WiFi and transfers from our Sabi Sabi Airstrip. Our tariff includes government taxes (VAT).
- Optional extras available are spa treatments at Amani Spa, a selection from our cellar wine collection, premium brand drinks, boutique purchases, telephone calls, laundry and transfers from Skukuza Airport.
- All rates exclude a Guest Conservation Contribution (GCC) of (2018) R114 (2019) R138 (VAT inclusive) per person per night, collected on behalf of the Sabi Sand Wildtuin (SSW).
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin entrance fees will be charged for all entries from outside the reserve.
- Sabi Sabi reserves the right to change tariffs without notice subject to implementation or variations of taxes or levies by any authority or the government.
Deposits, cancellation fees and the 5% handling fee are calculated on the total of the invoice.
- On Booking 25%
- 45 Day prior arrival 75%
Deposit conditions must be strictly adhered to, failing which Sabi Sabi reserves the right to cancel the booking. If booking within 45 days of arrival, payment of the total cost of the full stay as specified in the Invoice is required.
Cancellation & Room Reduction Fees
- 0-20 Day Prior to arrival 100%
- 21- 45 Day Prior to arrival 25%
- 46+ Day Prior to arrival 5%
Cancellation Fees are levied only if losses are incurred by Sabi Sabi as a result of the cancellation.
Should the accommodation be resold in full or in part, cancellation fees will be refunded in full or pro rata less a 5% handling fee.
All reservation amendments or cancellations are valid only if made in writing and the onus of proving delivery to Sabi Sabi of such amendments or cancellations will be on the party relying thereon.
Christmas Peak Season Pre-Payment – 20th December 2018 – 10th January 2019 & 20th – 31st December 2019
- Please note that a Peak Season Surcharge will apply to all reservations during this period.
- Full pre-payment of all services (accommodation and relevant transfers) is to be made to Sabi Sabi by 31st August 2018 / 31st August 2019. Any payments not received will result in an automatic release of accommodation for the high season period.
Christmas Peak Season Cancellation & Room Reduction Fees
- 0-60 Day Prior to arrival 100%
- 61- 90 Day Prior to arrival 50%
- 91+ Day Prior to arrival 25%
Bookings received after 1st September 2018 / 1st September 2019 must be paid for in full in order to confirm.
Cancellation policy over Christmas Peak Period is as follows:
- Cancellations between 1st – 20th September 2018 / 2019 25% Cancellation fee will apply
- Cancellations between 21st September – 20th October 2018 / 2019 50% Cancellation fee will apply
- Cancellations after the 20th October 2018 /2019 100% Cancellation fee will apply
SELATI CAMP, LITTLE BUSH CAMP AND EARTH LODGE
a. Providing there is exclusivity of either lodge with family and / or friend’s children may be allowed and rates are available on request.
SAFARI VEHICLE EXCLUSIVITY
a. If vehicle exclusivity is required a charge of (2018) R13 000 (2019) R14 500 for the vehicle per day will be levied. A Day is regarded as lunch to lunch including an afternoon / evening and morning safari. Vehicle exclusivity is subject to availability and is based on the following seating capacities:
- Bush Lodge – 8 seats
- Little Bush Camp, Selati Camp and Earth Lodge – 6 seats
b. Vehicle exclusivity must be pre-booked and the surcharge, where applicable, will be charged to the extras account.
ELEFUN CENTRE – BUSH LODGE
a. Target age group: 4 - 12 years.
b. Children under 4 years need to be accompanied to the centre by an adult (parent, family member or child minder, which may be booked through Reception).
c. When there are evening activities in the lounge, children under 4 years need to be accompanied by an adult (parent, family member or child minder, which may be booked through Reception).
d. When the EleFun Centre Coordinator is supervising the children in the evening, her responsibility ends at 21h30, after which time a child minder may be booked to sit with the children.
INSURANCE: Please ensure, and we strongly recommend, that your clients are the beneficiaries of a travel insurance policy covering at least injury, death, medical costs, emergency evacuation, repatriation, loss of or damage to personal belongings (due to theft or otherwise) and cancellation.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
1. Your domicilium and that of your clients will be deemed to be as specified in the Reservation.
2. The booking and all services carried out in terms of the Reservation will be subject to South African law and the jurisdiction of South African courts.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS GROUPS
- Group Definition: 10 or more full paying guests
- Please call us