Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve is a five star luxury lodge. The reserve traverses over 10 000 hectares in the western sector of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which forms part of the greater Kruger National Park and is approximately 500 km due east of Johannesburg.
The lodge is easily accessible either by road from Johannesburg (a five and a half hour drive), or by air, flying either by private charter direct, or on the commercial airline to KMIA, where a 2 hour road transfer or a 25 minute flight to Leopard Hills would be required.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description - Fully Inclusive||1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Standard Suite Per Person Per Night Sharing / Single||R17 266|
|Private Vehicle :
A private vehicle can be booked for all photographic safari requests or guests wanting their own private vehicle per day (Subject to availability upon request)
|2 hr Helicopter Adventure from any of the Lodges in the Timbavati & Sabi Sand to the Blyde River Canyon (per 1- 2 pax)||R35 830|
|2 hr Helicopter Adventure from any of the Lodges in the Timbavati & Sabi Sand to the Blyde River Canyon (3rd and 4rd pax)||R2 030|
BE SPOILT BY THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF SERVICE
Surrounded by the sights and sounds of the African bush.
Our teams utter dedication and pure passion to pleasing each guest according to his or her needs is prevalent in every aspect of the lodge, and particularly the central area.
The main deck is perfect for whiling the day away with a pair of binoculars, or the spotting scope, in the glorious sun or under the shade of an umbrella. From this view you may find many untold secrets of the African bush while enjoying a sumptuous breakfast or decadent lunch. When the heat is on, cool down on the open-air verandah with an ice cold drink in hand, or sink below the refreshing surface of our main swimming pool.
The bar and lounge entices every guest to a pre- or post-dinner drink and fireside chat with their friendly ranger. Our professional barmen will mix together the finest in ingredients to make interesting and unique cocktails and drinks to suit everyone’s tastes. A nightcap of the finest whiskey, port or South African amarula would be the perfect way to the end the day.
Our dining room has a beautiful view of a waterhole beyond, and holds the finest in silver service dinners consisting of two heavy-set mahogany tables, offering ample space and comfort while enjoying the most decadent of dining one could imagine.
Our esteemed wine cellar underneath the dining room is a treat for the avid wine connoisseur, as well as the learning amateur, and is brimming with racks of celebrated local wines. Our friendly team will assist you in choosing the perfect wine according to the menu for that evening.
The library offers a setting of peace and tranquillity, where you are welcome to browse through a large selection of literature and African journals. In addition there is a secluded alcove where online internet access is available 24 hours a day, enabling guests to send e-mails to their loved ones at home.
A television is also available for those wanting to keep up to date with the latest news or sports game. We have a fine selection of documentary DVD’s for those wanting more information on African wildlife and its intricacies.
Our curio shop is stocked with all sorts of African memorabilia – offering traditional ornaments, handcrafted jewellery and beautiful safari gear. The curio shop is enough to entice any avid shopper and collector.
AT A GLANCE
- Open Air Deck and Swimming Pool Deck overlooking an active Waterhole
- Cosy Lounge & Dining Room
- Convivial Bar
- Extensive Library with Satellite TV
- Internet Facilities in the Library
- Massage & Treatment Sala
- Well Equipped Gym
- Traditional Shangaan Boma
- Fully Stocked Wine Cellar
- Well stocked Curio Shop with books, clothing, safari gear, handmade curios, books, bags, jewellery, postcards and local arts & crafts.
EXPERIENCE AFRICA AT ITS BEST
From Your Uber Luxurious Glass Fronted Suites
Built on a hill overlooking a natural waterhole, Leopard Hills boasts eight newly renovated and exquisitely decorated luxurious glass-fronted suites. Complete with their own sundeck and rock plunge pool, the suites offer superb views of the African bushveld beyond.
The suites are generously spacious and immense in stature with air-conditioning and overhead fans. The breathtaking romantic bathrooms include double indoor and outdoor showers, which open to a glorious view of the passing cavalcade.
The comfortable beds are fitted with beautiful crisp percale cotton linen, down duvets and pillows, and gracious mosquito netting. A special touch to each suite is the perfection of final touches provided, from weather notes and African poems, to a fine array of bath salts and other bathroom amenities.
An inviting lounge with breathtaking views over the bush creates the ideal setting to relax with a book or while away the afternoon with a pair of binoculars in the comfort of your air-conditioned suite, a wonderful reprieve from the heat of the midday sun. Enjoy the privacy of your suite and salute the timelessness of Africa over a drink or snack from your fully stocked mini-bar. Savour the day in your hammock or pool lounger outside, whilst listening to the tranquil sound of the surrounding bushveld.
Elements of nature have been incorporated into your suite, to provide the ultimate in luxury while experiencing Africa at its best.
AT A GLANCE
- 8 Luxurious Glass Fronted Suites
- Newly Renovated Suites with Extended Decks & Larger Pools with Spectacular Views
- Exquisitely Decorated
- Air-conditioning & Fans
- Underfloor Heating & Heated Towel Rails
- King Size Beds with Mosquito Nets
- Indoor & Outdoor Shower
- Robes, Hairdryer, Umbrella, Safe, Telephone
- Nespresso Machines
- Spacious Lounge
- Stocked Mini Bar & Tea
- WiFi & i-Pod Docking Stations
- Animal Reference Guides & Magazines
- Complimentary Sherry
WORLD-CLASS BUSH CUISINE
Exceeding all Expectations...
Our Team of dedicated Chef’s ensures that every meal at Leopard Hills becomes a special occasion. From breakfast, lunch to dinner, our Team prepares dishes of unparalleled proportions. Guests will experience “soul food” full of decadent flavours from around the world, finishing with a touch of Africa in every meal.
Traditional Full English and Continental breakfasts on the main deck are notable in charm and fulfilment. Heaty breakfasts are served after the early morning game drive and is the perfect way to start each day at the Lodge.
Lunches are served under big shady umbrellas, and are an occasion in themselves! The team incorporate the best locally produced ingredients and modernise old classics to produce cuisine that makes you feel satisfied in every way.
“Cooking with character” is the highlight of every dinner at Leopard Hills. Here, the personalities of the chef and his team are infused with decadent dining and creative settings. No dinner will ever be the same at Leopard Hills, from dining under the stars in our traditional boma to fine silver service dinners in our dining room, or out on the upper deck where a cool breeze is a welcoming relief from the African heat.
The perfect end to a wonderful safari experience; a private dinner on the deck of your suite is offered to couples wanting to spend time together in privacy. The ultimate in romance, private dinners at Leopard Hills will seduce the senses and soothe the soul.
BUSH BREAKFASTS & BOMA DINNERS
After an enthralling morning game drive guests may have the opportunity to appreciate the amazing smells and sounds that flow from a new day dawning in Africa, along with the aromas of a sumptuous breakfast in the heart of the bush.
After an evening game drive, guests will be drawn to the essences of a burning fire, where a more traditional dining experience can be enjoyed in the Boma. Here a hurricane lamp lit ‘dining room’ under African skies, and a feast of delicious cuisine awaits.
INDULGENT DINING EXPERIENCES
- Candle-it Fine Dining in the Elegant Dining Room.
- Traditional Boma Experience under African skies.
- Hearty Breakfast in the middle of the African Bush.
- A Romantic Private Dinner on your Patio.
- Dinning under the Stars on the Central Deck overlooking the flood-lit Waterhole.
- Decadent High Teas.
TARIFFS ARE QUOTED:
- Inclusive of VAT, In South African Rand.
- Subject to availability.
- # Please Note: No single supplement for the first single suite confirmed in any one reservation. Second single suite or more pay a 50% supplement on the per person sharing rate.
All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
- Luxury accommodation.
- Two game drives per day.
- Optional walking safaris.
- Three meals daily.
- Tea & Coffee.
- All beverages excluding premium wines from our wine cellar.
- Laundry Service.
- Road transfer from the Leopard Hills Airstrip to the Lodge.
- Guest Conservation Levy.
- Complimentary WIFI in all suites
- Curio shop purchases.
- Premium wines from our wine cellar.
- Telephone calls.
- Lodge Transfers.
- Airport Tax.
- Spa treatments.
- Eight luxury air-conditioned suites, complete with private plunge pools, mini-bar, outside showers, double indoor showers and great views.
- The lodge accommodates a maximum of sixteen guests.
FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Central swimming pool.
- Open air veranda.
- Lounge, bar and dining room.
- A Library.
- Well stocked curio shop.
- Fully stocked wine cellar.
- Open vehicle game drives.
- Walking safaris.
- Massage sala.
- Bush breakfasts and gym.
We regret, due to the inconvenience to other guests, we do not allow children under the age of 10, unless the whole camp is booked. We do not have triple suites.
Provisional Reservations: All provisional reservations will be automatically released if not confirmed within 2 weeks of booking being made.
A deposit of 20% of the total accommodation charge is required to confirm a provisional reservation and full payment is required 45 days prior to arrival.
Tour operators electing to settle a booking with a credit card will be subjected to a 5% surcharge.
Peak Season Terms and Conditions:
20 December until 5 January.
All Bookings over Christmas and New Year’s Eve can only be secured once a 20% non-refundable deposit has been paid.
Group Reservations: Should the reservations department require the accommodation that is being held by the group for the same dates, we will request the group to supply us with an immediate 20% non-refundable deposit. A booking of 8 guests or more is classed as a group booking.
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 45–30 days – 50% of full amount
- 30–15 days – 75% of full amount
- 14 days or less – 100% of full amount
Bookings are not transferable
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE:
Guests may arrive any time from 14h00, and rooms are to be vacated by 11h00.
WHAT TO TAKE:
Comfortable walking shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sun block, cameras and binoculars, anti-malaria precautions (please consult your doctor / pharmacist) light, neutral coloured clothing, swimming costume, warm jackets are essential in winter (May - October).
Johannesburg to Leopard Hills ± 6 hours (± 500 km).
Nelspruit to Leopard Hills ± 2 hours (± 150 km)
GPS CO -ORDINATES: S 24˚ 47’ 32.8” E 031˚ 22’ 04.8”
DIRECTIONS TO LODGE:
Please make use of the map and directions and NOT the GP S coordinates.
- From Johannesburg take the N4 to Nelspruit.
- Once in Nelspruit, carry on towards White River, then take the R40, Main Road towards Hazyview.
- Turn left at the T-junction into Hazyview.
- At the 2nd set of traffic lights, turn right onto the R536 (Portia Shabangu), towards the Paul Kruger Gate.
- Approximately 35km along this road, and just after theSaringwa River, look out for signs indicating the NewingtonGate / Sabi Sands and signs indicating “Huntington, Lilydale &Justicia” on the left hand side of the road.
- Newington Gate accesses the Sabi Sands Reserve, in which Leopard Hills is located – so please follow these signs.
- Turn left here, and follow this gravel road for ± 9km.
- You’ll come to a 4 way crossing, turn right here.
- After about 1.8 km you will be at a T-junction, turn left.
- Another 0.5 km further turn left again and this road leads to Newington Gate.
- 1km further you’ll find the Newington Gate where you will be required to pay an entrance fee.
Newington Gate entrance fees are as follows:
R 280 per light vehicle (applies to vehicles under 3.5tons)
R 120 per person (applicable fee payable per passenger entering the reserve via motor vehicle)
Prices subject to change.
> Once through the gate, turn left. Follow the signs to LeopardHills Private Game Reserve.
FLIGHT & AIR TRANSFERS & PRIVATE CHARTERS:
Daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg International Airport to Leopard Hills with Federal Air.
Daily transfers from Johannesburg, Kruger Mpumalanga
International, Skukuza & Hoedspruit Airports.
Transfers from any lodges in Sabi Sand.
Private charters are available on request.
Please note we require a 25% deposit in order to secure a ground or air transfer.
Helicopter flights to the Blyde River Canyon and Gods Window can be arranged on request.
Wedding package 2019
At Leopard Hills, we pride ourselves on our reputation for warm, world-class service, and the little touches that make the difference.
Emphasis is on ultimate luxury and romantic charm, combined with the priceless gift of privacy. Weddings at Leopard Hills portray just this...
This package includes:
- Wedding ceremony on the secluded pool deck at the lodge, overlooking a vibrant waterhole.
- Witnesses at the ceremony (Leopard Hills staff).
- South African sparkling wine for the couple.
- Local flowers for the ceremony table, bridal bouquet, groom’s corsage, pole flowers and cake arrangement flowers.
- Single layer wedding cake of your choice.
- 30 min massage for the bride and groom.
- Pressing of bride and groom’s garments.
- Wedding turn down.
- Wedding gift for the bridal couple, courtesy of Leopard Hills.
This package EXCLUDES: (To be quoted on request)
- Preparation and processing of all legal documents.
- The Minister, his/her travel
- Photographer, hairdresser, make-up artist and additional beauty treatments.
- All Beverages.
- Traditional performers
LEGALITY OF FOREIGN WEDDINGS IN SOUTH AFRICA
The law in South Africa requires a foreign couple to attend an appointment at the Department of Home Affairs before they can be legally married in South Africa. Since this is quite a cumbersome task for someone on safari, we suggest that you process all legal marriage documents in your home country and enjoy your ceremony on safari in a more traditional way
TOTAL: R 24 900 [EXCLUDING ACCOMMODATION]
Valid until 31 December 2019
WELLNESS @ LEOPARD HILLS
An array of bush spa treatments in the privacy of your suite or in the glass walled massage sala overlooking the tranquil ambience of the surrounding bush.
What better way work up a sweat than on our various gym machines while watching a herd of elephant drinking at the waterhole below? Or indulge in an array of pampering massage treatments in our glass-fronted Sala which has a spectacular vantage point off the main pool deck, offering absolute privacy with spectacular views.Our core philosophy of natural health is based on self nurturing, personal inspiration and the use of ingredients provided by Mother Earth, to provide you with the most invigorating treatments imaginable.
Treatments are performed either in our Sala, or in the comfort of your suite.
- Facial Treatments tailored to each individuals needs
- Hot Stone Therapy
- Deep Tissue Relaxing Massage
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Swedish Massage
- African Rungu Massage
- Calabash Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Anti-Stress Back Treatment
- Manicure & Pedicure
- Ear Candling