Resting lightly upon the ground within a 33,000 acre, private concession in the Kruger National Park, Singita Sweni Lodge is nestled beautifully amongst hundreds of trees at the edge of the Sweni River. In this tranquil, intimate hideaway, the decks of the lodge seem to hover in the branches, while inside, rich calming colours and textures echo the hues of the natural surroundings.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rands • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Suite - Per Adult Per Night||R27 750|
|Suite - Per Child Per Night||R13 875|
|Pool Suite Double/Twin *minimum charge of two guests per person per night||R33 300|
|Private Vehicle* per vehicle per day||R15 000|
|Pilot/Guide Accommodation per person per night||R2 400|
* A private vehicle needs to be booked for the full duration of a guest’s stay at a property. To guarantee a private vehicle, it needs to be booked prior to arrival. All private vehicles are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Accommodation & Amenities
- Getting to Singita Sweni Lodge
- Weather & What to Pack
|Validity Period 16 Jan – 19 Dec 2019|
SABI SAND / KRUGER PARK COMBO
|Book a combination of three nights at Boulders or Ebony Lodge and three nights at Lebombo or Sweni Lodge and receive one of the nights and one flight per person between the lodges complimentary.||• A minimum of six nights is required, with a minimum of three nights at Lebombo or Sweni Lodge
• Excludes the Two-Bedroom Suite at Lebombo and the Pool Suite at Sweni Lodge and the Lebombo Villa
|BEST OF BOTH|
|Book a combination of two nights at Ebony or Boulders Lodge and two nights at Lebombo or Sweni Lodge
and receive one flight per person between the lodges complimentary.
|• A minimum of four nights is required, with a minimum of two nights at Ebony or Boulders Lodge and two nights at Lebombo or Sweni Lodge|
|EBONY / SWENI COMBO|
|Valid: 16 Jan – 31 May 2019 & 01 Sep – 19 Dec 2019|
|Book a combination of five nights between Ebony and Sweni Lodge and receive one
of the nights and one flight per person between the lodges complimentary
|• A minimum of two nights is required at both Ebony and Sweni Lodge|
- In order for the promotion to apply, the arrival and departure date must fall within the promotion validity period.
- These promotions are mutually exclusive.
An intimate hideaway hosting 7 suites; with decks that seem to hover in the branches and bold interiors that are inspired by beetles, chameleons and birds’ wings, and neutrals that draw in the light.
Each of the lodge’s contemporary en-suite units have been restructured to maximize open-plan living with panoramic game-viewing decks. All suites have outdoor showers that overlook the river, and outdoor day beds where you can spend a night under the stars. With its close-proximity to the Sweni River, guests are treated to exceptional up-close sightings of the wildlife that wander down to drink or wallow.
The Pool Suite with the unique inclusion of a private swimming pool and shaded riverfront deck can be connected to the adjacent unit to create a more generous unit with two en-suite bedrooms, offering guests an extra layer of privacy – perfect for families and honeymoon couples.
6 x Sweni Suites
1 x Pool suite with private pool and deck
- There is a swimming pool in the main lodge area.
- Spa and fitness centre facilities are available.
- The Singita Boutique & Gallery
- There is a television at the Singita Boutique & Gallery.
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal.
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite.
- Children of all ages are welcome. There are baby- sitting services available and tailor-made activities to suit each family.
- In the interest of safety, participation of children in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
There is perhaps no more transcendent experience than looking up at a full sky of sparkling stars.
Man has had a love affair with the nighttime sky for centuries and with very little pollution and no city lights to detract for the stars, your view of the heavens here will be crystal clear – nothing between you and the vast African sky above.
The main lodge areas at both Singita Sweni and Lebombo Lodges are home to spacious swimming pools, each providing a delightful respite in the picturesque wilderness.
Fully equipped fitness centres are available for guests’ convenience. Each facility provides picturesque views of the bush, allowing you to keep an eye on the action outside while you work out.
Spend a morning taking lessons from your guide on how to shoot with a bow and arrow. Archery takes place at the confluence below Lebombo and Sweni Lodges.
Singita is recognised as one of Africa’s most influential collectors of wine, with an extensive cellar showcasing a premium selection of wines, including some of the continent’s most sought-after private reserves, including exclusive release, limited single vineyard and rare auction wines. It’s safe to say that wine is a key ingredient of the unique Singita experience.
The Singita wine list has received numerous awards of excellence, the top Diners’ Club Wine List accolade as well as recognition from countless other local and international organisations.
François Rautenbach is responsible for this excellence as the director of Singita Premier Wine, he manages the selection, purchase, storage, and service of all the wines at Singita’s lodges. François also manages Singita Premier Wine Direct which allows guests to order their favourite wines from their safari to enjoy at home. With the Singita Premier Wine Direct service, wines can either be specially packed for guests as checked luggage or shipped directly to a guest’s home.
Personalised wine tastings within the unique ambience of each lodge’s own temperature-controlled cellar are a true guest favourite, for connoisseurs and casual tasters alike. Singita’s experienced sommeliers are able to guide guests through a variety of wine styles, years and cultivars to find the wines most suited to their individual tastes.
As with all that Singita does, community upliftment is central to the Singita wine programme as well. François Rautenbach has created a special training programme for enthusiastic young wine lovers, developing the next generation of sommeliers for Africa. The training provides educational assistance, personal mentoring, formal wine training and access to Africa’s finest wine programme.
• We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters for your trip. All flights land at the Satara airstrip located 45 minutes’ drive from the lodge.
• Guests are collected off the flight by Singita staff and transported to the lodge in a closed airconditioned vehicle
• On scheduled flights, the weight of luggage is restricted to 20kg (44lb) for checked baggage and 5kg (11lb) for hand luggage
• Johannesburg – Satara: approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
• Nelspruit – Satara: approximately 45 minutes By Road • From Johannesburg: approximately 8 hours’ drive (+/- 600km)
- From Hazyview: approximately 3.5 hours’ drive (+/- 156km)
- From Nelspruit: approximately 4 hours’ drive (+/- 216km)
- From Hoedspruit: approximately 2-3 hours’ drive (+/- 155km)
- From Skukuza: approximately 2-3 hours’ drive (+/-110km)
Daily game drives with professional guides and trackers provide the perfect opportunity to get up close to Africa’s incredible animals, while evening drives reveal the elusive magic of nocturnal Africa.
Our game drives are all conducted in state-of-the-art Land Rovers, each accommodating a maximum of six guests.
During your stay at Singita Sweni Lodge, you are likely to spot a great variety of wildlife including elephant, leopard, famously large prides of lion, white rhino, black rhino, buffalo, hippopotamus, cheetah and sable.
Guided Safari Walks
Walking safaris are an incredible way to experience the bush up close and personal.
Your expert guide and tracker will accompany you as you track animals on foot through the wilderness and explore the magnificent plants and landscapes around you.
We suggest a minimum age of 15 years for this activity, but participation is at the discretion of your Field Guide.
A safari makes for an unforgettable family holiday, with exhilarating activities for the entire family to enjoy, memories made together that will last a lifetime and opportunities to learn and grow together.
Singita Sweni Lodge welcomes children of all ages. Older children and teenagers are at especially prime ages to appreciate the magic of safari and learn valuable lessons to last a lifetime.
All of Singita’s activities can be tailored specifically to suit the interests and desires of each family and babysitting services are available. In the interest of safety, participation by children in any game activities is at the discretion of their guide.
- Baking with the lodge chefs.
- Mini Rangers’ Course
- Our exciting Mini Rangers’ Course opens up a whole new world to young explorers. This programme includes: tracking animals; a cosmic safari (astronomy); learning bush survival techniques; flower-pressing (in summer); frogging; butterfly capture and release; game, tree and bird-spotting competitions; nature quizzes and a Ranger’s test. Upon completion of the course, these proud achievers are awarded a certificate to recognise their new-found knowledge and accomplishments.
Rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR), inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 15% and are subject to change.
Accommodation at Sweni Lodges includes:
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Twice daily open Land Rover safaris, walking safaris, (accompanied by experienced guides and trackers), archery
- Return road transfers between the Satara airstrip and the lodges
- Laundry service
- Tourism levy at R70 per person per night
- Telephone calls
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Spa treatments
- Transport to and from the reserve. Please see our flight & access documentation.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Singita Sweni Lodge.
- Infants under the age of 2 years will be accommodated free of charge.
- Children aged 2-16 years will be accommodated at 50% of the adult rate when sharing a standard suite with 1 adult or another child.
- A single child accommodated in their own suite will attract the full adult rate.
- Families of four or more members, including at least one child under 10 years are guaranteed the complimentary use of a private vehicle.
- Families of up to three members, including at least one child under 10 years, are required to pay for the use of a private vehicle.
- Triples are available on request. An additional room needs to be booked.
- In the interest of safety, participation of children in game activities is at the discretion of the guide.
- Single supplement will apply if three or more single rooms are booked in a reservation. A supplement of 25% of the adult rate will be added from the third single room onwards.
- Deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is required on confirmation. Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. For bookings made within 30 days of travel, we require full payment on confirmation.
Due to the increasing fuel cost, Federal Air may increase their fuel surcharge during the year, in which case the incremental must be borne by the client. Singita Game Reserves and Cybercapetown will not be accountable for any incremental costs.
For the period 16 January – 19 December annually, provisional reservations may be held for 21 days, after which time the Company is required to either release the space back to Singita for resale, or confirm the reservation by paying a non-refundable deposit. The deposit is calculated at 25% of the total reservation value.
Balance of Payment is due 60 days prior to arrival.
For the Festive Season, defined as 20 December – 15 January annually, provisional reservations may be held for 21 days, after which time the Company is required to either release the space back to Singita for resale, or confirm the reservation by paying a non-refundable deposit. The deposit is calculated at 50% of the total reservation value.
Balance of Payment is due 120 days prior to arrival.
In the event of any confirmed reservation being cancelled, the following cancellation fees will be charged:
- Penalty of 25% of the total reservation value if cancelled up to 61 days prior to arrival
- Penalty of 100% if cancelled 60 days or less prior to arrival
In the event of any confirmed reservation being cancelled during the Festive Season, defined as 20 December – 15 January annually, the following cancellation fees will be charged
- Penalty of 50% of the total reservation value if cancelled up to 121 days prior to arrival
- Penalty of 100% penalty if cancelled 120 days or less prior to arrival
This period is defined as: 20 December 2019 – 15 January 2020
- Minimum Stay: 3 night minimum night stay is required per lodge.
- Arrivals & Departures: No arrivals and departures on Christmas Day or New Year’s Day at any lodge.
Our lodges are located in malaria risk areas and we recommend that you adhere to the advice of your doctor regarding prophylactics. Insect repellent (spray or wipes), is provided in your suite and on game drive vehicles.
Please remember that you need at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel.
Check-in time: 13h00
Check-out time: 11h00
Seasons & Weather Vary in the Reserve
To ensure your comfort you may want to tailor your clothing choices to the time of year:
October – April:
The weather is warm during the day and cooler in the morning and evenings. We recommend casual summer clothes (shorts and cool shirts) and a warm jersey/sweater for the cooler times of day.
May – September:
This is Fall and Winter and the temperature will be mild during the day, but colder in the mornings and evenings. We recommend casual light clothing and a very warm parka/jacket for the extremely cold mornings and nights.
Best Time to Go on Safari
Southern Africa is a year-round destination. Traditionally the dry winter months (April to October) are best for game viewing, due to the shorter grass, lack of foliage and the absence of water which forces the game to concentrate around the remaining sources of drinking water.
Annual rainfall, usually in the form of short afternoon thunder showers that clear up within an hour, occur from December to March. Many species give birth to their young around the start of the rains, so the bush is alive with newborn animals.
What to Bring
Your safari suitcase, packed properly, will ensure that you have everything you need for the ultimate African bush experience. Cotton clothing in neutral colours is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colours for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required at any of our lodges.
We recommend packing the following:
- Comfortable walking shoes/track shoes/hiking boots for walks; and sandals to wear around the lodge.
- Swimming costume/bathing suits, sun block, sun hat, sunglasses, lip balm, mosquito repellent (Lip balm and mosquito repellent is provided for all our guests, but you are welcome to bring along your favourite brand).
- Camera and video camera, binoculars, spare memory cards and charging equipment. The use of unmanned aerial vehicles (also known as drones) is strictly prohibited at Singita. View our policy here.
- Please note that in the event of rain during a game drive, waterproof ponchos will be provided for guests’ comfort.
- All of our lodges are located in remote areas and therefore guests should remember to bring an extra pair of correction glasses (if required), contact lens solution and an extra set of contact lenses(if required) as well as a sufficient supply of any prescription medication.
Time of Year Average Minimum Average Maximum
Spring: Sept – Nov 18°C / 64°F 30°C / 86°F
Summer: Dec – Feb 23°C / 73°F 35°C / 95°F
Autumn: Mar – May 12°C / 54°F 26°C / 79°F
Winter: Jun – Aug 9°C / 48°F 22°C / 72°F