Per person per one way
|1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax|
|Hoedspruit – *Thornybush Nature Reserve (Incl. Jackalberry Lodge)Route||R 414||R 414||R 414||R 414|
|Hoedspruit – Waterbuck Lodge||R 1, 127||R 564||R 675||R 506|
|Hoedspruit – Thornybush The River Lodge||R 1, 035||R 558||R 426||R 558|
|Hoedspruit / *Thornybush Nature Reserve – Simbambili Game Lodge / vice versa||R 2, 091||R 1, 175||R 825||R 1, 175|
|KMIA – *Thornybush Nature Reserve / Waterbuck Lodge||R 2, 708||R 1, 354||R 1, 177||R 883|
|KMIA – Thornybush The River Lodge||R 2, 237||R 1, 219||R 822||R 1, 219|
|KMIA – Simbambili Game Lodge||R 2, 298||R 1, 404||R 1, 038||R 1, 404|
|Phalaborwa – *Thornybush Nature Reserve (Waterbuck Lodge on req.)||R 2, 001||R 1, 001||R 864||R 648|
|Phalaborwa – Thornybush The River Lodge||R 2, 185||R 1, 121||R 759||R 1, 121|
|Phalaborwa – Simbambili Game Lodge||R 2, 280||R 1, 215||R 819||R 1, 215|
|Skukuza Airport – Thornybush Nature Reserve (all lodges – approx. 4 hr road transfer)||R 2, 276||R 1, 310||R 965||R 1, 310|
|Skukuza Airport – Simbambili Game Lodge (approx. 4 hr road transfer)||R 2, 222||R 1, 536||R 1, 094||R 1, 536|
*Thornybush Nature Reserve incl. Jackalberry Lodge.
The above rates include:
- Transportation (per one way)
- Bottle water
- Sabi Sand Vehicle & Passenger Entrance Fee (subject to change without prior notice)
- Thornybush Nature Reserve includes: Thornybush Game Lodge, Thornybush Waterside
Lodge and respective Collection lodges within the reserve
- 90 – 30 days: 10% of the total quoted price
- 29 – 14 days: 25% of the total quoted price
- 13 – 01 days: 50% of the total quoted price
- No notice: 100% cancellation fees will apply
Federal Air - Air Shuttle Services
01 January 2019 – 31 December 2019
|FROM||ETD||TO||ETA||Per Adult||Child under 12 yrs|
|OR TAMBO (JNB)||10h30 – 11h30||Thornybush Nature Reserve||12h00 – 13h00||R 6, 415||R 4, 495|
|OR TAMBO (JNB)||10h30 – 11h30||Simbambili||12h00 – 13h00||R 6, 415||N/A|
|OR TAMBO (JNB)||12h30 – 13h30||Thornybush Nature Reserve||14h00 – 15h00||R 6, 415||R 4, 495|
|OR TAMBO (JNB)||12h30 – 13h30||Simbambili||14h00 – 15h00||R 6, 415||N/A|
|Thornybush Nature Reserve||11h00 – 11h30||OR TAMBO (JNB)||12h30 – 13h00||R 6, 415||R 4, 495|
|Simbambili||11h00 – 11h30||OR TAMBO (JNB)||12h30 – 13h00||R 6, 415||N/A|
|Thornybush Nature Reserve||12h30 – 13h00||OR TAMBO (JNB)||14h00 – 14h30||R 6, 415||R 4, 495|
|Simbambili||12h30 – 13h00||OR TAMBO (JNB)||14h00 – 14h30||R 6, 415||N/A|
|KMIA (MQP)||09h30 & 13h15||Thornybush Nature Reserve||10h30 & 14h15||R 4, 625||R 3, 070|
|KMIA (MQP)||09h30 & 13h15||Simbambili||10h30 & 14h15||R 4, 380||N/A|
|Thornybush Nature Reserve||09h00 & 11h00||KMIA (MQP)||10h00 & 12h00||R 4, 625||R 4, 495|
|Simbambili||09h00 & 11h00||KMIA (MQP)||10h00 & 12h00||R 4, 380||N/A|
|Federal Air operates an Air Shuttle Service and NOT a Schedule Service. Routings and departure times vary day to day depending upon landing conditions. Guests flying to Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala, Thornybush Waterside, Chapungu, Serondella, Monwana, Jackalberry and N’Kaya will land at Thornybush Airstrip.|
The above flight transfers rates include:
- Rates include applicable VAT charges
- Applicable airport taxes at JNB (ORT), KMIA (MQP)
- Applicable fuel levy charged by the respective Charter Company as given at time of going to print
The above rates exclude:
- Increases to rates advised during the above validity
- Passenger taxes of R150 per person one way for guests arriving / departing Thornybush Air Strip
- Passenger taxes of R150 per person one way for guests arriving / departing Simbambili Game Lodge (Arathusa Air Strip). (subject to change without prior notice)
Terms & Conditions
- Rates are quoted per person one way
- Minimum 2 guests for all inter-lodge and lodge hop routes. Guests booked on Shuttle flights, are not guaranteed to be on the same aircraft, however Federal Airlines will do all possible to assist families/groups in travelling together, subject to operational requirements.
- Departure & Arrival Times may vary up to 1 hour to accommodate connecting flights. Early departure from lodge/s may be necessary to accommodate lodge hopping.
- Luggage is restricted to 20kgs (44 lbs) per person in soft bags.
- Rates subject to airfield suitability, availability/noise abatement and operational procedures. Aircraft landing and/or departure may be delayed due to animals obstructing the runway.
- Confirmed bookings are subject to automatic release if passengers’ full names are not received at time of confirmation.
- FederalAir reserves the right to include technical stops en-route due to operating conditions in the interest of safety and at the sole discretion of the Captain.
- Late Guest arrivals will be booked on next available flight (Possibly following day). Cancellation Fees may apply.
- FederalAir cannot be held liable or responsible should incoming flights be delayed resulting in passengers missing their shuttle connection to the bush.
- FederalAir cannot be held liable or responsible for any delays due to weather, resulting in missed connections when returning from any lodge.
- Delays due to Weather and Air Traffic Control (Arrival or Departure) are beyond our control. Travel Insurance is advisable.
- In the event of bad weather (low cloud or water logged runways) FederalAir reserves the right to drop off clients “at the nearest suitable and serviceable airstrip”. This may result in a road transfer to enable guest’s arrival at their final destination. Such road transfer will not be for Federal Airlines” account, however for the guests’ account. Such diversion will only be done in the interest of sfety and when weather and / or runway conditions are not suitable to land at the original destination.
Airstrip / Passenger Taxes
- Should private planes park overnight at Thornybush Airstrip the fee is R 750 per day (payable direct upon check out or at Thornybush Game Lodge).
- Should private planes park overnight at Simbambili/Arathusa the fee is on request (payable direct upon check out).
- In the case where Thornybush Luxury Game Lodge Collection book flight services, applicable taxes are included in the quoted rate unless otherwise specified.
- In the case where agents/guests book flight services directly with FederalAir or alternate airlines (not FederalAir) the charges will be collected directly at the lodge.
- Agents/Guests wishing to include these costs should please indicate at time of booking.
N.B. All of the above rates / times etc. are subject to availability, increases and our general terms and conditions. Flight fuel levies may apply.
In order for Thornybush Luxury Game Lodge Collection to book Federal Air Charter Flights, we will require the following:
- In order to comply with international insurance requirements, all airline tickets must clearly show the passenger’s title, name and surname (as indicated in their passport).
- The airline does require all inbound and outbound flight numbers, arrival/departure times as well as any other important information at time of booking.
- The air fare and airport tax quoted are current and are subject to change without prior notice should the airline impose an increase for any reason. Fares and taxes may increase between time of making a reservation, time of payment and time of travel. Any additional fees will be for the guests account.
- Confirmed bookings subject to automatic release if passengers’ full names are not received at time of confirmation.
- The Thornybush Collection cannot be held responsible should airlines discontinue flights, change scheduled timetable resulting in missed connections or increase fares.
- 30 – 15 days prior to departure : 15% cancellation fees
- 14 – 08 days prior to departure :
- 07 – 04 days prior to departure : 75% cancellation fees
- 03 – 00 days prior to departure : 100% cancellation fees
Any amendments (not cancellations) within 72 hrs:
- Date change : R750
- Time change on day of travel : R250
All rates are subject to change without prior notice due to 3rd party suppliers.