Washed with the warmth andcolor of the afternoon sun and in true African style, luxury tents overlook the magnificent bushveld. It is here that our guests while away moments relaxing and reflecting on the tranquility and intimacy afforded by this small camp. Eight comfortable tents, each with private facilities and feature bushveld bath, connected by pathways with the main Camp.
Ideal entry level Lodge where meals are taken together to afford the opportunity for all guests to share the excitement of the day’s game viewing experiences. Situated a few minutes drive from Thornybush Game Lodge, where extensive Spa Treatments are available to all Chapungu Tented Camp guests.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Luxury Tents single per night||
|Luxury Tents per person per night sharing||
Chapungu Luxury Tented Camp is tastefully furnished in old-world colonial splendor and offers safari enthusiasts an atmosphere reminiscent of the style and class of that bygone era complete with great cuisine and old fashioned service.
- Eight luxury en-suite tents (16 guests)
- Overhead ceiling fans and air-conditioners in all tents
- Rock pool
- Curio shop, boma and dining area
- Wine cellar
- No children under 12 years
Amani Spa's, operators of the Thornybush Game Lodge Spa Centre, have just completed the construction and renovation of existing Spa facilities at this flagship five star game lodge. The new centre, almost three times the size of the previous operation and with two full-time therapists, will offer a full range of treatments for Thornybush Game Lodge guests, as well as satellite treatments to our guests at Chapungu and the group's self catering camp, Nkelenga, both camps located a short distance from Thornybush Game Lodge.
Imagine exchanging your vows in an African Dry River Bed at sunset, the bride being serenaded in by African dancers amidst tribal song. This is just one of the ways, weddings can be catered to at many of the Thornybush lodges or at Simbambili Game Lodge.
Weddings are catered for by Thornybush Game Lodge, Simbambili Game Lodge, Chapungu Luxury Tented Camp and Shumbalala Game Lodge. It is however advisable to book the lodge of your choice and request exclusive use (depending on the size of your party) so that the lodge can ensure that your function is devoted to their full attention. Arrangements can be as glamorous or as understated, according to the bride and groom's wishes. Considerations need to be given to weather conditions and the fact that we are in a nature reserve so certain restrictions do apply (i.e. no fireworks). Ministers from most denominations are easily accessible, as are photographers, cakes, hairdressers and florists. Special menus and dining venues can be set aside for the wedding party, when the lodge is booked exclusively.
All you need to do is sit back, relax and leave the wedding preparations up to someone else whilst you enjoy massages, sunset cocktails and game drives. Our wedding venues are renowned for their beauty and excellent service.
Chapungu Luxury Tented Camp offers unique exclusive Safari experiences in both open Land Rovers, and on foot. The private reserve is home to an abundance of species: 147 mammals including the "Big Five", 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees. The reserve is predominantly open savannah and with a near perfect year round climate, it is the ideal African safari holiday destination.
Road transfers and self drive route from Johannesburg on the N4, until the Belfast turns-off is reached. Proceed through Belfast and on to Dullstroom, continue through Lyndenburg and Ohrigstad, on to Hoedspruit and follow the signs to Thornybush. Guests arriving by air at Hoedspruit (Eastgate Airport) can either transfer by road or by air to Thornybush.
N.B. The above rates are per person per night sharing, inclusive of VAT and are subject to a 50% single supplement.
- All meals, teas, coffees & snacks
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruiser vehicles and bushveld walks
- Sundowner local drinks included at Lodge, Thornybush Waterside Lodge
- Children 2 – 5 yrs of age are not permitted on game drive – lodges do offer babysitting facilities at an additional cost
- Bar / mini-bar
- Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
- Spa Facility, anything of a personal nature / anything not specified
- Simbambili Gate fee at Sabi Sands Reserve (per vehicle/per person)
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs
Tomsa Levy And Conservation Fees
- Conservation fee of R350.00 per person per booking. The Conservation Fee for guests staying at Simbambili Game Lodge is inclusive of the R114 p/p per booking Sabi Sand Conservation fee. TOMSA Levy: per person per night (5* Lodges) and R6.00 per person per night (nKelenga) – The Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy is payable on reservations invoice / guests are unable to pay / settle these costs at the various lodges.
- Self-drive guests to Simbambili Game Lodge pay an entrance fee of R250.00 per vehicle and R110.00 per person, which is payable at the Gowrie Gate direct. Where road transfers are booked through The Thornybush Collection, these fees are included in the rate.
- Children’s rates are based on:
- o 0 – 1.99 years will stay free of charge
- o 2 children, under the age of 12 years sharing with 2 adults, children’s rates will apply
- o In the event of 1 child (6 – 11 yrs) sharing with 2 adults the 3rd person will pay the adult sharing rate.
- o Children 12 and over pay the full adult sharing rate / single rate. In the event of 1 child over 12 sharing with 2 adults, the single supplement will be applied to the 3rd person sharing.
- Children under the age of 6 yrs are not permitted on game drive. All children permitted on game drive will be at Management’s discretion
- Babysitting services are available, at an additional cost at lodges equipped to accommodate children
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks.
- Children are accommodated as follows:
- Chapungu Tented Bush Camp do not accept children under the age of 16.
Deposit and Payment Policy
- To secure a booking, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is due 40 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 40 days of the scheduled date of arrival, in this case full payment is required on confirmation.
- All other extras must be settled with The Lodge prior to departure.
- Please note that a reservation is not confirmed or secured until this deposit requirement has been paid in full. We reserve the right, without notice to the client, to release any accommodation held where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
Upon confirmation of reservation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to:
- 60 to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 25% Cancellation fees
- 30 to 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% Cancellation fees
- All deposits of 25 % received on confirmation are Non-Refundable.
- Refunds, are at the discretion of management and if agreed, is subject to a 10% administration fee.