With a capacity of onlyfour exclusive suites, nKaya Lodge offers the discerning guest the very best in privacy and is the ideal destination for a quiet, peaceful safari. Set on the crest of a hill that overlooks the Drakensberg mountain range and shaded by tall trees, N'Kaya Lodge boasts spacious double suites each with private lounges and twin en-suite amenities.
This Lodge has recently undergone a soft furnishings upgrade and uniquely in the Collection has the flexibility of providing guests with either eight single en-suite facilities, or 4 spacious completely self contained suites, each with a his and hers bathroom and comfortable lounge area for private entertaining and relaxation. Built around an inviting pool area for all four suites, this Lodge boasts too, an excellent bar, dining and lounge facilities and an outside Boma area for night time Dining.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Suites per person per night sharing||
Exclusive and private, with a capacity of only four exclusive suites , N’Kaya Lodge offers the discerning guest the very best in privacy and is the ideal destination for a quiet, peaceful safari.
Set on the crest of a hill that overlooks the Drakensberg mountain range and shaded by tall trees, n’Kaya Lodge boasts spacious double suites each with private lounges and twin en-suite amenities.
The lounge, bar and verandah are decorated in warm earthy tones and indigenous woods and allows guests to spend their time in between game drives to relax in total tranquility while catching up with some reading or sampling some of the lodge’s award winning wines.
At the end of each day, the focal point of the lodge becomes the enormous fireplace in the lounge where guests can listen to the crackle of the fire and the night sounds of Africa as the animals come to drink at the floodlit waterhole.
- Four suites (eight guests)
- Eight singles can be accommodated if required
- Wine cellar
- En-suite bath and shower
- Children can be accommodated on request
Guests staying at N’Kaya Game Lodge can make arrangements with their hosts to use the spa arrangements at the Thornybush Game Lodge Spa Centre. Charges are billed to guests direct.
N'Kaya offers unique exclusive Safari experiences in both open Land Rovers, and on foot. The private reserve is home to an abundance of species: 147 mammals including the "Big Five", 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees. The reserve is predominantly open savannah and with a near perfect year round climate, it is the ideal African safari holiday destination.
Road transfers and self drive route from Johannesburg on the N4, until the Belfast turns-off is reached. Proceed through Belfast and on to Dullstroom, continue through Lyndenburg and Ohrigstad, on to Hoedspruit and follow the signs to Thornybush. Guests arriving by air at Hoedspruit (Eastgate Airport) can either transfer by road or by air to Thornybush.
Voltage in rooms: 220V Standard South African connectors
Type of construction: Permanent canvas chalets
Type of accommodation: Comfortable
Size: 41 square meters each
Facilities in units:
- Air conditioner
- Extended length twin beds x 2
- Inside and outside showers
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Deck with sitting area
- Land view
- Combination living / bedroom
- Cleaning schedule: Daily
- Change of bed-linen: On departure or on request
- Change of towels: Daily or on request
PUBLIC ROOMS - Restaurant (main) - Bar - Lounge - Boma - Curio Sho
SWIMMING POOL - Outdoor with view of the Kruger Park - Deck chairs - Towels available – R100 deposit required per towel
Breakfast: Full buffet including English and continental
Lunch: Limited A la Carte
- Main restaurant – Carvery buffet
- Boma – BBQ or Potjie dinner
Half board includes: Breakfast and dinner
Facilities for handicapped persons
Rooms: 6 adapted
Wheelchair accessible, with ramps and railings in bathrooms
N.B. The above rates are per person per night sharing, inclusive of VAT and are subject to a 50% single supplement.
- All meals, teas, coffees & snacks
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruiser vehicles and bushveld walks
- Sundowner local drinks included at Lodge, Thornybush Waterside Lodge
- Children 2 – 5 yrs of age are not permitted on game drive – no babysitting
- Bar / mini-bar
- Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
- Spa Facility, anything of a personal nature / anything not specified
- Simbambili Gate fee at Sabi Sands Reserve (per vehicle/per person)
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs
Tomsa Levy And Conservation Fees
- Conservation fee of R350.00 per person per booking. The Conservation Fee for guests staying at Simbambili Game Lodge is inclusive of the R114 p/p per booking Sabi Sand Conservation fee. TOMSA Levy: per person per night (5* Lodges) and R6.00 per person per night (nKelenga) – The Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy is payable on reservations invoice / guests are unable to pay / settle these costs at the various lodges.
- Self-drive guests to Simbambili Game Lodge pay an entrance fee of R250.00 per vehicle and R110.00 per person, which is payable at the Gowrie Gate direct. Where road transfers are booked through The Thornybush Collection, these fees are included in the rate.
- Children’s rates are based on:
- o 0 – 1.99 years will stay free of charge
- o 2 children, under the age of 12 years sharing with 2 adults, children’s rates will apply
- o In the event of 1 child (6 – 11 yrs) sharing with 2 adults the 3rd person will pay the adult sharing rate.
- o Children 12 and over pay the full adult sharing rate / single rate. In the event of 1 child over 12 sharing with 2 adults, the single supplement will be applied to the 3rd person sharing.
- Children under the age of 6 yrs are not permitted on game drive.
- Babysitting services are available, at an additional cost at lodges equipped to accommodate children
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks.
- Children are accommodated as follows:
- N’Kaya Lodge accepts children under the age of 12 on request. No babysitting service available at this lodge
Deposit and Payment Policy
- To secure a booking, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is due 40 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 40 days of the scheduled date of arrival, in this case full payment is required on confirmation.
- All other extras must be settled with The Lodge prior to departure.
- Please note that a reservation is not confirmed or secured until this deposit requirement has been paid in full. We reserve the right, without notice to the client, to release any accommodation held where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
Upon confirmation of reservation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to:
- 60 to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 25% Cancellation fees
- 30 to 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% Cancellation fees
- All deposits of 25 % received on confirmation are Non-Refundable.
- Refunds, are at the discretion of management and if agreed, is subject to a 10% administration fee.