Experience the timelessmagic of Royal Malewane. Extraordinary game viewing, fine cuisine and award-winning spa stir the heart and thrill the senses. Six luxurious suites enjoy private pools and magnificent bathrooms while expert rangers and trackers inspire and inform. Every meal is a celebration lingering long in the memory. Feast under the stars, enraptured by the power of the wild.
The Royal and Malewane Suites sleep four each and enjoy private chef, butler and game drives. Africa House is the child-friendly bush paradise for 12, filled with colour and character. Private chef, butler and game drive vehicle ensure tailor-made service.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rands • Subject to Availability
ROYAL MALEWANE & AFRICA HOUSE
|Details||1 Oct 2017 to 31 Oct 2017||1 Nov 2017 to 14 Dec 2017||15 Dec 2017 to 31 Dec 2017|
|Luxury Suite • (6 units) • Per Person Per Night • Double||22 660||21 410||22 660|
|Luxury Suite • Per Night • Single||33 990||32 160||33 990|
|All 6 Double Luxury Suites • Per Night||271 880||257 000||271 880|
|Royal Suites • (2 units) (Sleeps 4 guests each) • Per Night||114 240||107 040||114 240|
|Entire Lodge • (6 Luxury Suites & Both Royal Suites) (Sleeps 20 guests) • Per Night||471 250||445 300||471 250|
|Africa House • (1 to 8 guests) Includes One vehicle ) • Per Night||202 180||189 120||202 180|
|Africa House • (9 to 12 guests) Includes Two vehicles • Per Night||229 500||207 000||229 500|
|Exclusive Use of Royal Malewane & Africa House • (Sleeps 32 guests)||700 780||652 300||700 780|
|Details||1 Jan 2018 to 30 Jun 2018||1 Jul 2018 to 31 Aug 2018||1 Sep 2018 to 30 Sep 2018|
|Luxury Suite • (6 units) • Per Person Per Night • Double||23 520||24 910||23 520|
|Luxury Suite • Per Night • Single||35 280||37 440||35 280|
|All 6 Double Luxury Suites • Per Night||282 240||298 950||282 240|
|Royal Suites • (2 units) (Sleeps 4 guests each) • Per Night||117 790||125 665||117 790|
|Entire Lodge • (6 Luxury Suites & Both Royal Suites) (Sleeps 20 guests) • Per Night||489 220||518 170||489 220|
|Africa House • (1 to 8 guests) Includes One vehicle ) • Per Night||192 000||206 400||192 000|
|Africa House • (9 to 12 guests) Includes Two vehicles • Per Night||211 200||235 200||211 200|
|Exclusive Use of Royal Malewane & Africa House • (Sleeps 32 guests)||700 400||753 370||700 400|
|Details||1 Oct 2018 to 31 Oct 2018||1 Nov 2018 to 14 Dec 2018||15 Dec 2018 to 5 Jan 2019|
|Luxury Suite • (6 units) • Per Person Per Night • Double||24 910||23 520||24 910|
|Luxury Suite • Per Night • Single||37 440||35 280||37 440|
|All 6 Double Luxury Suites • Per Night||298 950||282 240||298 950|
|Royal Suites • (2 units) (Sleeps 4 guests each) • Per Night||125 665||117 790||125 665|
|Entire Lodge • (6 Luxury Suites & Both Royal Suites) (Sleeps 20 guests) • Per Night||518 170||489 220||518 170|
|Africa House • (1 to 8 guests) Includes One vehicle ) • Per Night||206 400||192 000||206 400|
|Africa House • (9 to 12 guests) Includes Two vehicles • Per Night||235 200||211 200||235 200|
|Exclusive Use of Royal Malewane & Africa House • (Sleeps 32 guests)||753 370||700 400||753 370|
Luxury Suite • Inclusive of accommodation, all meals, beverages & wines, game drives and laundry
Royal Suites • Inclusive of private butler, private chef, private vehicle and includes: 4 complimentary 30 minute massages per stay of four nights and less or 8 complimentary 30 minute massages per stay of five nights and more
Entire Lodge • Inclusive of accommodation, all meals, beverages & wines, game drives and laundry. Rate excludes: private services of butler, chef, game drives and massages
Africa House • Inclusive of accommodation, all meals, beverages & wines, private butler, private chef, private game drives (one vehicle) & laundry
Exclusive Use of Royal Malewane & Africa House • Inclusive of accommodation, all meals, beverages & wines, game drives and laundry
Royal Malewane, Birkenhead House, La Residence, The One Above or The Silo
and get a seventh night complimentary at either Birkenhead House or La Residence.
Royal Malewane is an exclusive luxury African safari getaway for those who value privacy, personalised service and the best game viewing in Africa. Situated on a private reserve within the Greater Kruger National Park in South Africa, this luxury African safari lodge hosts a maximum of 20 guests in the utmost luxury and style. Six suites offer complete seclusion and stunning views, while the Lodge itself has an atmospheric air-conditioned Library, Curio Shop and Dining and Sitting Areas with fantastic outlooks onto the bush. Two completely private Suites (both sleeping 4) provide an even more exclusive luxury African safari experience, while the self-contained Africa House, a few minutes’ drive from the main Lodge, is the perfect option for families or groups of up to 12. Gym and spa facilities offer the chance for exercise and relaxation between game drives.
Game Lodge Dining at Malewane
Special dinners are one of the highlights of the Royal Malewane game lodge dining experience. The game lodge dining area and lounge overlook the waterhole, often resulting in some spectacular mealtime game viewing. All meals, local beverages and house wines are included. Enjoy a full breakfast, lunch and gourmet dinner in the elegant setting of the main lodge whilst soaking up the picturesque surroundings.
Game lodge dining outdoors lets you experience the incredible atmosphere of the bush at night. In the Boma, serenaded by frogs and crickets and entertained by traditional singing and dancing, you will enjoy delicious flame-grilled fare under a dazzling canopy of stars. Dinner in our Bedouin tent bedecked with Moroccan lanterns is equally special, as braziers blaze high and a wonderful selection of delectable dishes forms an exotic feast of flavours. We handpick a selection of South Africa's finest wines to complete each meal.
Indoor dinners usually begin with a touch of sophistication. Exhilarated from your evening drive, enjoy a cocktail and discuss the highlights of your bush adventure with your guide. Then move to a glittering table beside the fireplace and indulge in a sumptuous banquet lit by twinkling candles. Personalised service of the highest order in our game lodge dining experience means that you will never want for anything.
Royal Malewane also offers the only fully Kosher safari in Africa. The chefs source the finest Kosher ingredients and prepare orthodox meals of the highest order. The chefs have been professionally trained in accordance to the Bethdin and the kitchen has been fitted with the latest required equipment. Please speak to us about private chefs and any dietary requirements.
Royal Malewane African Safari Lodge Facilities
Royal Malewane African safari lodge’s facilities are beautiful, luxurious and exclusive. The Waters of Royal Malewane Bush Spa is a veritable oasis of calm. With internationally qualified therapists on hand to provide lavish massages and body treatments, this is the ultimate refuge for those seeking to refresh and restore the mind, body and spirit while staying at an African safari lodge. The well-equipped gym and pool are on hand for more energetic activity!
In addition, when you are not enjoying a game drive or relaxing in your suite, there are plenty of other options to unwind at the Royal Malewane African safari lodge. Watch television in the comfort of your suite or in the air-conditioned library, surrounded by books that can be perused in peace and quiet. Take time to look around the well-stocked curio shop where you will find everything from exquisite jewellery to luxurious handbags, leather goods and clothing ranging from the glamorous to the practical.
At Royal Malewane, our luxury game lodge accommodation comes with three choices: you can choose to stay in one of our six beautiful double suites, either of our two 4-person suites or choose our luxurious 6-bedroomed Africa House. Each double suite is blissfully private: you can sit on your deck and watch the wildlife, swim in the pool or take a nap in the spacious bedroom. Palatial bathrooms with stunning bush views are the epitome of luxury game lodge accommodation, and with your own complimentary stock of drinks and snacks, this is definitely a home from home.
For even more privacy and seclusion, the Royal Suite and the Malewane Suite each sleep four and come with their own sitting and dining areas, kitchen and chef, not to mention butler, guide, tracker and personal game drive vehicle. Cocoon yourself in this exclusive hideaway and let your heart start to beat to the rhythm of the bushveld. For families and groups of up to 12, Africa House is the perfect option for “family style” luxury game lodge accommodation. Situated away from the main lodge, it is a totally self-contained bush paradise where you can relax in the most opulent and easygoing style.
Boasting unparalleled views, the Royal Malewane’s six palatial suites are the pinnacle of refinement and opulence in game lodge accommodation. Luxuriously appointed and fully air-conditioned, they provide an elegant colonial-style refuge in the heart of the bush. Each suite accommodates two guests and enjoys private wooden decks, rim-flow pools and thatched gazebos. The main room contains a fireplace, beautiful dark wooden furniture and canopied king-size bed. Bathrooms are extravagantly sized, full of light and the epitome of indulgence. Enjoy the huge Victorian-style bath and shower inside or out. Elevated walkways link the suites to the main lodge. Only the wildlife will witness you relaxing in this ultra-private, ultra-luxurious game lodge accommodation.
Royal And Malewane Suites
Space and splendor characterise these two suites. Each one of our suites can house four people in fine safari accommodation style, with acres of room for relaxing, dining, sleeping and bathing. A huge outside deck complete with pool allows you to make the most of the wild beauty of the surroundings and enjoy the warmth of the sunshine in complete privacy. Inside, the décor is classic colonial bush style, brimming with old world elegance that is perfectly suited to luxury safari accommodation. Wonderful antiques, paintings and curios are richly evocative of a leisured and luxurious past, whilst the secluded location provides a dreamy romantic escape unsurpassed in its peace and tranquility.
- Children of any age are welcome at Africa House or in the Royal Suites. Unfortunately no children under 10 years old can be accommodated in the luxury suites unless booked exclusively.
Deposit and Payment Policy
- To secure a booking, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is due 40 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 40 days of the scheduled date of arrival, in this case full payment is required on confirmation.
- All other extras must be settled with The Lodge prior to departure.
- Please note that a reservation is not confirmed or secured until this deposit requirement has been paid in full. We reserve the right, without notice to the client, to release any accommodation held where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
Rates are inclusive of:
- South African wine & beverages (excludes French Champagne).
- All meals and snacks. All coffees & speciality teas.
- Wireless Internet. Laundry service.
- Full Mini bar Tea/Coffee Station in room.
- Transfers to/from Jackalberry Airstrip
- 2 Daily game drives & bush walks.
- Spa Treatments (unless stated)
- Curio shop
- Transfers to & from the reserve
- Phone calls
- Private vehicle
Additional services available on request (surcharge applicable):
- Photographic equipment
- Kosher meals
- Private game drives are subject to occupancy levels at the lodge and we are only able to confirm a private drive approximately 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- The cost of private drives are R 7,250. A private vehicle needs to be booked for the entire duration of the guests stay
Cancellation fees will be levied in the event of a cancellation and in accordance with the reservation terms and conditions of The Royal Portfolio.
- 5 % of accommodation as an admin fee if cancelled more than 12 weeks prior to arrival
- 25% of accommodation if cancelled 8 to 12 weeks prior to arrival
- 50% of accommodation if cancelled 4 to 8 weeks prior to arrival
- 100 % of accommodation if cancelled less than 4 weeks prior to arrival
* A 25% non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is payable within seven (7) days from date of confirmation for all bookings between the Christmas and New Year peak season and full payment is due by 31 August for all bookings between 15 December and 15 January.
In addition to this, full payment is due by 31 May for all bookings for the month of August as this is the Safari peak season. If full payment is not received by the due date the booking will unfortunately be released. 25% of this payment is non-refundable.
- Please note that during high/peak/festive season we operate a dynamic minimum night stay policy whereby we will seek to accommodate any length of stay provided that the booking does not create an unsellable night.
- The guest is obliged to ensure that he/she has taken out adequate travel insurance to cover the financial implications of The Royal Portfolio Cancellation Terms & Conditions. The Guest will bear the sole & absolute responsibility.
- Transfers are excluded from the daily rate but can be arranged at an additional cost. All transfer rates are subject to change
- The road transfer rate is based on a SUV vehicle which is able to seat 1 - 3 passengers with luggage. For 4 passengers and more a larger vehicle will be used and an additional cost of R400.00 per person will be charged
- All charter flights are subject to weather on the day. There may be an additional cost should it be necessary to re-route guests
- ROAD TRANSFER (From Hoedspruit Airport to RM) 1 -3 people
- (2017) R2 040.00 per vehicle one way
- AIR TRANSFER (From KMIA – RM) Minimum 2 people
- (2017) R4 320.00 / per person one way
- LODGE TO LODGE AIR TRANSFER (RM – Sabi Sands) Minimum 2 people
- (2017) R3 900.00 per person one way
- FEDAIR SHUTTLE FLIGHT (From ORT to RM via Skukuza) No Minimum on passengers
- (2017) R6 550.00 per person one way
Transfers are excluded from the daily rate but can be arranged at an additional cost. All transfer rates are subject to change
Polots/ Guides Room - Inclusive of accommodation, all meals, local beverages & wines, game drives and laundry beverages & wines, game drives laundry
Additional guest sharing / Polots/ Guides Room : (January - June & September & November - 14 December 2017) R 9 000.00 per night
Additional guest sharing / Polots/ Guides Room : (July - August & October & 15 December - 31 December 2017) R 9 720.00 per night
Additional guest sharing /Polots/ Guides Room : (January - June & September & November - 14 December 2018) R 9 880.00 per night
Additional guest sharing / Polots/ Guides Room : (July - August & October & 15 December - 31 December 2018) R10 590.00 per night
Check-In / Check-out Times
Check-in time is 14h00. Every effort will be made to ensure your room is available upon arrival, however should you wish to guarantee an early arrival, you would be required to book for an additional night prior to your scheduled arrival.
Check-out time is 11h00. A late check-out is subject to availability and can only be confirmed on-site on the day of departure. Should you wish to guarantee a late check-out, you would be required to book an additional night