Adjacent to the Greater Kruger National Park, within the famous Thornybush Nature Reserve is the Collection’s largest operation, Thornybush Game Lodge. Registered by the Tourism authorities as a five star offering, this Lodge is renowned for small groups, bush weddings, milestone birthday celebrations.
The configuration of the self-contained luxury suites provides for privacy and solitude for couples and smaller groups visiting this special Lodge. Whether you are a couple looking for an exclusive, romantic, private safari; a family looking to occupy your little ones or a Group with a diverse range of requirements, Thornybush Game Lodge is the place. The newly constructed beauty spa facility tops the agenda for discerning guests visiting this well known Lodge.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Suites Single||R14 760|
|Suites Per Person Per Night Sharing||R9 840|
|Family Suites Single||R16 205|
|Family Suites Per Person Per Night Sharing||R10 800|
|Children 6 - 11 yrs||R5 400|
|Children 2 - 5 yrs||R2 700|
Enjoy exciting dawn and dusk safaris in open Land Rovers and on walking safaris, take a moment to browse in the intimate library or simply enjoy a treatment in the Beauty Spa or relax at the pool with your favourite cocktail as you bask in Africa’s glorious sunshine. An African safari can be a life‐changing experience.
- Panorama Tours
- White Water Rafting on the Blyde River and Olifants Gorge
- Nyani Cultural Village
- Hans Merensky Golf Course
- Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre
- Cheetah Breeding Project
- Hot Air Balloon Flights
Road transfers and self drive route from Johannesburg on the N4, until the Belfast turns-off is reached. Proceed through Belfast and on to Dullstroom, continue through Lyndenburg and Ohrigstad, on to Hoedspruit and follow the signs to Thornybush. Guests arriving by air at Hoedspruit (Eastgate Airport) can either transfer by road or by air to Thornybush.
Thornybush Game Lodge boasts 18 stylish air‐conditioned luxury suites and 2 family suites, all with extensive living areas overlooking the seasonal Monwana River. From within the luxurious suites, each with full en‐suite facilities and private decks, sweeping vistas can be enjoyed over the savannah and an ever-active water hole. Superb attention to detail and highly personalised service make for a memorable stay.
N.B. The above rates are per person per night sharing, inclusive of VAT and are subject to a 50% single supplement.
- Luxury Accommodation
- All meals, teas, coffees, minibar in room & selected snacks
- All local drinks (soft drinks, house wine, selection of local beers, local spirits)
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruiser vehicles (FGASA accredited field guides and trackers) and bushveld walks
- Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
- Spa Facility, anything of a personal nature / anything not specified
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy. Any Increases in any of the above costs
Tomsa Levy And Conservation Fees
- Conservation fee of (2018) R350.00 (2019) R395.00 per person per booking. The Conservation Fee for guests staying at Simbambili Game Lodge is inclusive of the R114 p/p per booking Sabi Sand Conservation fee. TOMSA Levy: R14.00 per person per night (5* Lodges)
- – The Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy is payable on reservations invoice / guests are unable to pay / settle these costs at the various lodges.
- Self-drive guests to Simbambili Game Lodge pay an entrance fee of (2018) R250.00 (2019) R280.00 per vehicle and (2018) R110.00 (2019) R120.00 per person, which is payable at the Gowrie Gate direct. Where road transfers are booked through The Thornybush Collection, these fees are included in the rate.
- Children’s rates are based on guests under the age of 12 yrs sharing with 2 parent
- Children 0 – 1.99 yrs stay free of charge
- Babysitting services are available, at an additional cost at lodges equipped to accommodate children
- Children under the age of 6 yrs are not permitted on game drive. All children permitted on game drive are done so on Management’s discretion
- Children under the age of 16 yrs are not permitted on bush walks. A special children’s program is available for younger guests staying at Thornybush Game Lodge – this is not a full day activity, time will be made during the day for the children.
- Children are accommodated as follows:
- Thornybush Game Lodge : 2 Family Suites (sleeper coach)
Deposit and Payment Policy
- To secure a booking, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is due 40 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 40 days of the scheduled date of arrival, in this case full payment is required on confirmation.
- All other extras must be settled with The Lodge prior to departure.
- Please note that a reservation is not confirmed or secured until this deposit requirement has been paid in full. We reserve the right, without notice to the client, to release any accommodation held where the required deposit has not been paid in full within the stated period.
Upon confirmation of reservation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to:
- 60 to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 25% Cancellation fees
- 30 to 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% Cancellation fees
- All deposits of 25 % received on confirmation are Non-Refundable.
- Refunds, are at the discretion of management and if agreed, is subject to a 10% administration fee.