Kings Camp is a sophisticated safari camp located in the wildlife-rich Timbavati Private Game Reserve, adjacent to the Kruger National Park. The camp is situated in South Africa’s northernmost province of Limpopo, renowned for its impressive wildlife, including the Big 5.
The lodge is managed by husband and wife team, Warren and Lisha Moore, who have been part of the Kings Camp family since 1995. Since taking over management in 1998, Warren and Lisha have nurtured this Timbavati lodge as if it was their own. They are supported by a dedicated team of staff, who work to ensure your stay at Kings is as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.
At Kings Camp Private Game Reserve, we aim to provide a highly personalised and memorable safari experience. Our team of passionate guides and trackers is one of the most crucial aspects of your safari in the Timbavati. They facilitate the wildlife encounters that you’ll be talking about long after you’ve forgotten the delicious food or your comfy bed. Whether you’re particularly interested in birds or hoping to see the Big 5, our guides will help to tailor your activities around your preferences.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rands • Subject to Availability
1 Jan 2019 to
31 Dec 2019
|Luxury Suite PPPN sharing/ Single||R9 700|
|Honeymoon Suite PPPN sharing/ Single||R12 610|
|Waterbuck Private Camp (1-8 Adult)||R121 250|
A private vehicle can be booked for all photographic safari requests or guests wanting their own private vehicle per day (subject to availability upon request)
|2 hr Helicopter Adventure From any of Lodges
in the Timbavati & Sabi Sand to the Blyde River Canyon - per 1- 2 pax
|2 hr Helicopter Adventure From any of Lodges
in the Timbavati & Sabi Sand to the Blyde River Canyon - for 3rd and 4th pax
Kings Camp Lodge offers a number of comfortable, open-air living areas in which to relax and soak up the tranquillity of the African bush. The raised viewing deck, sheltered from the sun by a thatched roof, overlooks the active waterhole. This is an ideal spot to while away the hours and offers the best vantage point for unexpected wildlife sightings.
The open-plan lounge and bar are perfect for seeing out the heat of the day, while sipping an ice cold cocktail. Alternatively, a dip in our swimming pool, positioned just meters away from the waterhole, is a wonderful respite from the warm temperatures for which the Greater Kruger National Park is known.
Elegant and central, the spacious dining room is positioned to offer stunning views of the surrounding landscapes. The exquisite chandelier indoors creates a feel of sophistication, while the shaded verandah incorporates the spectacular natural beauty of the outdoors.
A library full of verse and history awaits those yearning for knowledge of the African continent. Browse shelves filled with a collection of fictional and nonfictional books and sit back in peace as you embark on another world of adventure. For those wanting to keep in touch with family members back home, there is a desktop with wireless internet connection available in the library 24 hours a day. A television is also available for those wanting to keep up to date with the latest news or sports games.
Along with a well-equipped gym, Kings Camp Lodge offers an array of pampering treatments at the luxurious spa – a must in completing your all-round rejuvenating safari experience.
During the day, guests are welcome to browse through our well-stocked and air-conditioned curio shop, where you can select gifts and African memorabilia for your friends and family back home. The shop is stocked with an assortment of beautiful safari gear as well as local arts and crafts.
AT A GLANCE
- Lounge, dining room & bar
- Superb South African wines
- Terrace and thatched viewing deck overlooking waterhole
- Swimming pool
- Massage & treatment sala
- Well equipped gym
- Library with computer & Wi-Fi
- Satellite television
- Traditional boma
- Well-stocked curio shop with safari gear and local arts & crafts
Beautifully decorated in dark tones of wood and thatch, off-setting the natural colours of the bush, the nine, generously spacious air-conditioned Suites come complete with all luxurious amenities. A Victorian ball-and-claw bath, an indoor and double outdoor shower, as well as a private veranda with a hammock overlooking the bush complete this perfect picture. For your comfort and convenience, other room amenities include a fully stocked mini-bar, robes, mosquito repellent, an umbrella and hairdryer. Your suite is also equipped with its own safe and telephone.
Two spacious, air-conditioned Honeymoon Suites are exquisitely decorated and have an open plan lounge and bathroom, with both indoor and outdoor showers. Each suite features a private verandah with large plunge pool overlooking the African bush. For your comfort and convenience these Suites are equipped with all luxurious modern amenities including wi-fi, espresso coffee machine, a fully stocked mini-bar, robes, mosquito repellent, an umbrella and hairdryer. Your suite is also equipped with its own safe and telephone.
Waterbuck Private Camp
Situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Waterbuck Private Camp at Kings Camp is situated in an elevated position on the banks of the dry Nhlaralumi river, offering superb views of the bush with excellent game viewing opportunities. Subtly blended into the natural environment, this Private Camp reflects the charm and romance of a luxurious Colonial past. Waterbuck presents luxury at its best, with all modern conveniences and every detail taken care of... Complete with a private game vehicle, ranger, tracker, personal butler and chef available to you through-out your stay – you can indulge and set the pace for your exclusive safari... leaving you free to relax and enjoy. Waterbuck Camp is completely private and exclusively yours... Boasting a 4-bedroomed air-conditioned Villa, accommodating up to 8 guests, Waterbuck offers the ultimate in safari privacy... perfect for families and small group safaris.
Accommodation at Waterbuck consists of an opulent, upstairs Master Suite with open plan bathroom and a comfortable viewing lounge; plus two ground floor Luxury Suites. A detached Luxury Garden Suite completes the accommodation for a maximum of 8 guests – perfect for small groups and families.
The suites all overlook the private gardens, swimming pool and viewing deck; to the dry river bed and the bush beyond.
These exquisitely furnished air-conditioned suites are equipped with Victorian baths, indoor showers, and outdoor showers in downstairs suites, flat screen televisions, DVD players, satellite network, telephones and safes.
AT A GLANCE
- 6 Luxury Suites
- An interleading luxury Family Suite
- Private verandah with hammock
- Air-conditioning & heating
- Victorian ball-and-claw bath & double basin
- Indoor & outdoor showers
- Spacious lounge
- Stocked mini-bar
- Tea & coffee facilities with a Nespresso coffee machine
- Robes, hairdryer & umbrella
- Digital safe & telephone
- Animal reference guides & magazines
- Complimentary sherry & fruit platter
- Wi-Fi connectivity
Located in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger National Park, Kings Camp is a 9 suite (18 bedded) lodge, decorated in true Colonial style
TARIFFS ARE QUOTED:
Inclusive of 15% VAT. In South African Rand. Subject to availability
All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
- Full Inclusive
- Luxury accommodation.
- Three meals daily. Tea & Coffee.
- Two game drives per day.
- Optional walking safaris.
- All beverages excluding premium brands, wines from our wine cellar and champagne.
- Cellar Wines, premium brand spirits, champagne, cognacs, cigars and cigarettes,
- telephone calls,
- curio-shop purchases,
- additional activities,
- wellness treatments and laundry.
- Kosher services.
- Timbavati Conservation Levy.
- Timbavati Road Levy (for guests self driving). R50 per person collection fee and R50 per person drop-off fee for flights to and from the airstrip.
PRIVATE VEHICLE: A private vehicle can be booked for all photographic safari requests or guests wanting their own private vehicle per day (subject to availability upon request)
ACCOMMODATION: Kings Camp: 6 Luxury, 1 Family and 2 Honeymoon en-suite thatched suites, with air-conditioning, mini-bar and Nespresso machines.
WATERBUCK PRIVATE CAMP : A 4-bedroomed villa accommodating up to 8 guests in air-conditioned comfort, with its own landrover with game-ranger and tracker, a villa attendant and personal chef. FACILITIES: Lodge facilities include a dining room, bar, swimming pool, library and conference room with internet access, boma, gameviewing deck overlooking a very active waterhole, a curio shop, gym and Spa. Full inclusive
ACTIVITIES: Game drives in open vehicles with knowledgeable rangers, guided walks, and game viewing deck, bush breakfasts or dinners. We offer massage treatments in the privacy of your suite or in the Spa (additional charge applies).
Private game drives can also be arranged at an additional cost of R 9 000 per day
CUISINE: We offer true South African cuisine in a homely atmosphere complemented by an exceptional wine cellar. Specialized dietary requirements will be catered for subject to prior notice.
- Children aged from 6 and above are permitted at the Lodge.
- Children under 12 years pay 50% if they share a suite with 2 full paying guests; otherwise the full adult rate applies.
- PLEASE NOTE: The child sharing at 50% will be seated in the middle seat between the 2 adults on the game drive vehicles.
- Please Note: No single supplement for the first single suite confirmed in any one reservation. Second single suite or more pay a 50% supplement on the per person sharing rate
- However children of all ages are welcome at Waterbuck Camp.
Provisional Reservations: All provisional reservations will be automatically released if not confirmed within 2 weeks of booking being made.
PAYMENT: A deposit of 20% of the total accommodation charge is required to confirm a provisional reservation and full payment is required 45 days prior to arrival. Tour operators electing to settle a booking with a credit card will be subjected to a 5% surcharge. Ideally bookings should be settled via EFT. Deposit conditions may be wavered for bookings from the trade, tour operator and agents at the Lodge’s discretion. Extras may be settled in camp. We accept all credit cards. We do not accept travellers cheques.
Peak Season Terms and Conditions: 20 December until 5 January. All Bookings over Christmas and New Year’s Eve can only be secured once a 20% non-refundable deposit has been paid. Group Reservations: Should the reservations department require the accommodation that is being held by the group for the same dates, we will request the group to supply us with an immediate 20% non-refundable deposit. A booking of 8 guests or more is classed as a group booking.
CANCELLATIONS: Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 45–30 days – 50% of full amount
- 30–15 days – 75% of full amount
- 14 days or less – 100% of full amount Bookings are not transferable.
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE: Guests may arrive any time from 14h00, and rooms are to be vacated by 11h00. Please note that there is a 25% surcharge on late check outs and early check ins.
WHAT TO TAKE: Comfortable walking shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sun block, cameras and binoculars, anti-malaria precautions (please consult your doctor / pharmacist) light, neutral coloured clothing, swimming costume, warm jackets are essential in winter (May - October)
DISTANCES: Kings Camp is a 6-hour drive from Johannesburg.
DIRECTIONS TO LODGE:
By Road from Johannesburg:
- Take the N4 to Witbank.
- Take the Belfast off ramp (R33/R540)
- Once in Belfast town, turn right into Voortrekker Street and continue straight to Dullstroom on the R540.
- Drive straight through Dullstroom town and continue to Lydenburg.
- Once in Lydenburg turn left into Potgieter Street and continue straight to Ohrighstad on the R36.
- Drive straight through Ohrighstad and continue on R36 until it turns left to Tzaneen. DO NOT turn, but continue straight on R531 to Hoedspruit
- In Hoedspruit, continue straight over the bridge crossing the train line to a four way stop. At the stop turn right and continue towards Bosbokrand / Bushbuckridge along the R40.
- 6/7km from Hoedspruit, note the Eastgate Airport sign on your left.
- At the sign, turn left to Kings Camp.
- Drive ±15km until you reach Timbavati Private Nature Reserve Control Gate.
- At the entrance gate, you will be required to pay an entrance fee.
- Continue on for±18 km, until you see a Kings Camp sign to your left. ű
- Turn right at the sign. Follow signboards to the camp for an additional 2km.
By Road from Sabi Sand Game Reserve:
- Once leaving Shaw’s Gate or Newington Gate from the Sabi Sand Reserve, turn right onto the R536 towards Hazyview.
- At the first traffic light when entering Hazyview, turn right onto the R40, passing Perry’s Bridge Trading Post and Hippo Hollow Country Estate on your left to Bushbuckridge. Drive through Bushbuckridge and Accornhoek while continuing on the R40 towards Hoedspruit.
- At the sign “Hoedspruit,” turn right and continue for approximately 17km.
- 8km before Hoedspruit turn right at the sign “Timbavati & Eastgate airport”.
- Drive for ±15km until you reach the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve Control Gate. At the entrance gate, you will be required to pay an entrance fee.
- Once you have entered Continue on for ±18 km, until you see a Kings Camp sign to your left hand side. Turn right at the sign, and follow the signboards to the camp for an additional 2km.
By Road from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport:
- At the turning circle leaving the airport, turn right.
- At the first stop street, turn left onto the Plaston Road, and drive straight.
- At the T-junction, turn right to White River. Once in White Rive, turn left at the second traffic light (at Ntt Toyota), then right at the first traffic light.
- Turn left onto the R40, and drive straight towards Hazyview.
- Drive straight through Hazyview town on the R40 and continue on to Bushbuckridge and Accornhoek.
- Follow the directions above from Hazyview (from Sabi Sand Game Reserve).
AIR Transfers By Scheduled Air:
- Fly SA Express to Eastgate/Hoedspruit airport from Johannesburg and Cape Town (± 45min drive from the camp).
- Should flights to Eastgate not be available, you can fly into Phalaborwa, Skukuza or Kruger Mpumalanga Airport.
- Daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg International Airport to Kings Camps private airstrip. The camp will arrange transfers from the airport to the camp.
- Please note we require a 25% deposit in order to secure a ground or air transfer.
At Kings Camp Private Game Reserve, your wedding ceremony will become a subtle stroke of Colonial grace and charm. Each wedding takes place in a dry riverbed sculptured by the Nhlaralumi River, surrounded by African bushveld. Defined by its careful attention to
presentation, service and co-ordination, Kings Camp will lend a stylish yet relaxed and generous atmosphere to your exclusive wedding.
A wedding at Kings Camp is more than just a ceremony; it is a celebration of the love between two people...
This package includes:
- Wedding ceremony in a dry riverbed in the heart of the bushveld.
- Local flowers of your choice for the bridal bouquet and bridal table.
- Sparkling wine for the bridal couple.
- Single layer wedding cake with topping of your choice.
- Local Shangaan dancers to perform at the ceremony or reception.
- Wedding turndown for the bridal couple.
- Wedding gift for the bridal couple, courtesy of Kings Camp.
This package EXCLUDES: (To be quoted on request)
- The Minister and preparation and processing of all legal documents.
- Photographer and videographer.
- Hairdresser, make-up artist and additional beauty treatments.
- Flowers of your choice.
TOTAL: R 27 130 [EXCLUDING ACC OMMODATION]
These prices is valid until 31 December 2018
LEGALITY OF FOREIGN WEDDINGS IN SOUTH AFRICA
The law in South Africa requires a foreign couple to attend an appointment at the Department of Home Affairs before they can be legally married in South Africa. Since this is quite a cumbersome task for someone on safari, we suggest that you process all legal marriage documents in your home country and enjoy your ceremony on safari in a more traditional way.