The Simbavati Hilltop Lodge offers a pure African safari, and comprises of individual pavilion-style luxury tents, arranged to create a unique village feel. From the vantage point of the beautiful small koppie on which the lodge is situated one can enjoy magnificent views of the bush, the Nhlaralumi River and the distant foothills of the Drakensberg Mountain Range..
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Nov 2018
to 31 Oct 2019
|Hilltop Luxury Tent per person night sharing - FB&GD||R8 450|
|Hilltop Luxury Tent Single per night - FB&GD||R11 240|
The lodge offers Big 5 game activities in the early morning and late afternoon/evening, taking advantage of the time of day that the animals are
naturally most active. Nocturnal creatures - including the big cats - are regular sightings at night. Currently over 40 mammal species are listed as resident in the Timbavati,
including the Big 5 - Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo and Elephant, as well as endangered species including Wild Dogs and Cheetah.
There is an abundance of birdlife, with a total of 360 species of bird listed.
- Early morning tea/coffee, a selection of fresh fruit and pastries on the deck overlooking the river
- Game activity (approximately 3+ hours) including a coffee/tea stop in the bush
- Mid-morning breakfast/brunch (continental and full hot breakfast)
- Leisure time – enjoy the use of the infinity pool overlooking spectacular views of the distant Drakensberg Mountains. Alternatively, relax in the lounge/bar area, avail of the free Wi-Fi on offer, or simply allow your mind to wander while sipping a refreshing cocktail, and watching the wildlife at the Nhlaralumi River.
- Lunch (A la carte or chef's specials)
- Afternoon High Tea (tea or coffee and freshly baked sweet and savoury treats)
- Afternoon/evening game activity (approximately 3+ hours), which includes a bushveld Sundowner break. Alternatively, embark on a prearranged bush walk, and be back at camp in time to enjoy sundowners while watching the sun sink below the horizon.
- Dinner of African-inspired cuisine is served on the deck, or – weather permitting – around the fire in the open-air boma.
Special dietary requirements: We require prior notification in order to accommodate any special dietary requirements you may have. Please ensure that you notify our reservations office upon booking.
- Eco Friendly
- Internet Access
- Mobile Connectivity
- Secure Parking
- Air Conditioning
- Balcony / Deck
- Hair Dryer
- Mini Bar
- Outside Shower
- Tea / Coffee
- Airport Shuttle
- Credit Card
- Laundry Service
Activities on Site (some activities may be seasonal)
- Big 5
- Game Drives
- Game Walks
- Adrenaline Activities
- Animal Encounters
- Big 5
- Bird Watching
- Cultural Tours
- Game Drives
- Game Viewing
- Game Walks
- General Sightseeing
- Golf Hiking
- Tours Safaris
To pay homage to our unparalleled cultural heritage, we bring you traditional African massage. Indulge in a selection of our country’s authentic and traditional massage techniques with our highly skilled and trained therapists who will relax and rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit.
Rejuvenation Herbal Oil Massage
Full Body Treatment
You may choose from a range of Africology® aromatherapy infused massage oils, which are warmly applied and massaged deeply onto the body. This therapy is for relaxation as well as combatting tension in stiff, aching bodies. Your therapist will assist you in choosing the oil best suited for you from one of the
following blends: Relaxing, Energising, Skin Conditioning and Vetiver.
Back, Neck, Shoulders & Head
The treatment is a perfect way to rest and relax. Starting at the feet, working all pressure points connected to the rest of the body, it leads up to the back, neck
and shoulders. This specialised treatment will ease tension and stress through touch and aromatherapy.
This foot treatment concentrates on the delicate areas of the feet, back, neck and shoulders. The therapist uses natural techniques of pressure points derived
from traditional African medicine to stimulate and balance the body.
30 minutes: Feet and up to the knee sitting on a chair
60 minutes: Foot and full leg done lying down:
Hot Stone Massage
While providing additional pressure, the stones infuse muscles with warmth while easing up knots of tension and help rejuvenate the body. Oils are chosen by the therapist best suited for your skin with added hydrating properties.
Full Body Treatment
Intonga Amasatchi® is a deep tissue and stress-relieving treatment. Skilful movements are performed with the hands, and differently sized wooden sticks
are used to stretch tight muscles and ease toxic overload from daily stress. Symbolically, the stick or staff represented wisdom and direction to the healer.
Created from yellow wood, the traditional healer knew that the energy of earth was a valuable tool.
African Yoga Treatment
Full Body Treatment
Inspired by traditional yoga movements, this massage works effectively with body re-alignments of the spine by performing stretching movements. This
allows for more free flow of energy whilst gentle pressure is applied to specific areas. This treatment is performed on a specially designed floor mattress.
Dressed in a light weight suit, the massage is done in the absence of oil but client may request oil to be used on the back.
Africology® Manicure and Pedicure
For a beautiful relief from the high-energy nature of everyday life, join us for an experience with a difference. Your hands or feet will be massaged, your nails
shaped and your skin richly hydrated with our all-natural products designed to undo environmental damage to your skin.
Manicure 60 min:
Pedicure 60 min:
French R 100 extra
Accommodation, all standard meals, two game drives per day, selected drinks (selected spirits, house wines, local beers and soft drinks).
Other drinks (see above*), private transfers, gratuities, laundry service, other items of a personal nature,Timbavati Conservation Levy (which may be prepaid) of R328 per person per day (subject to change without prior notice), and the vehicle entry fee of R140 only payable at the Timbavati Control Gate (increasing to R160 from 01 January 2019).
- a 10% deposit is due within 7 days (for FIT) or
- 25% within 14 days (for Groups) from date of reservation to guarantee the booking.
- Easter and Christmas periods’ bookings require a 25% non-refundable deposit.
- The balance is to be settled 30 days prior to the arrival of the guests. change), and the vehicle entry fee of R140 only payable at the Timbavati Control Gate (price subject to change).
Cancellation fees (up to 3 rooms, for 4 or more rooms see T & C’s):
- Up to 61 days prior to arrival: 10% cancellation fee of the full booking value
- 31 to 60 days prior to arrival: 25% cancellation fee of the full booking value
- 15 to 30 days prior to arrival: 75% cancellation fee of the full booking value
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: 90% cancellation fee of the full booking value
- No children under 12 years of age are allowed at Simbavati Hilltop Lodge
- Children under the age of 16 years have to share a room with an adult above 18 years of age
Minimum stay: 2 nights
- No pets allowed
- Groups are welcome with an exclusive use lodge rate on offer
- Laundry service available
- Bush walks by prior arrangement and subject to availability
- Very limited cell phone reception
- Smart - casual dress code for dinner
Complimentary Scheduled Transfers
We offer complimentary scheduled transfers at set times to coincide with the scheduled flights into and out of Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport. Please note that this is a scheduled transfer, which you will be sharing with other guests travelling to the lodge. If you are planning to drop a rental car at Hoedspruit Airport, please ensure that you arrive well before the flight arrival time, as unfortunately we do not wait for late arrivals. The transfer time is approximately one hour in and one and a half hour out. Please note the complimentary transfers exclude the vehicle entry fee of R140 (subject to change) payable at the gate. For VAT purposes, the transfer is zero rated and valued for 2017 the zero VAT rated transfer is valued at R1310, R660 and R400 for single, sharing and 3rd/4th person respectively per room. No discount/refunds are applicable for transfers not used.
- Scheduled Collection Times from Hoedspruit –11:20, 12:10 & 13:20
- Scheduled Departure Times from Simbavati – – 09:30, 10:30 & 11:00
- All complimentary transfers need to be pre-booked as we only meet flights if we have clients on that flight
If you are arriving at a different time to those specified above, we could arrange private transfers from Hoedspruit, Kruger Intl Airport, Phalaborwa Airport or from the Timbavati Gate. Please ask for our Transfers Rate Sheet.
Landing Fee at a neighbouring airstrip: R505 per arrival or departure (to be pre-paid)