Tanda Tula Field Camp: Treading softly on the surface of the earth.
Situated in an exclusive concession of over 16 000 acres in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger National Park. Tanda Tula Field Camp is the ultimate exclusive experience in guided walking safaris.
Tanda Tula Field Camp is an exclusive-use, non-permanent, explorer-styled tented camp located in a private concession in the eastern region of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. The emphasis is on walking safaris, tracking big game on foot, guided by the industry’s leading field guides and trackers.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rands • Subject to Availability
| Tanda Tula Field Camp per night •
|Tanda Tula Field Camp per night with private vehicle •••||68 150.00|
|Star Bed per PPPN (Marc-October)||1 900.00|
• Tanda Tula Field Camp minimum Exclusive only (maximum 8 Guests) minimum 3 nights
•• Not available in Peak season months & subject to availability only
••• Private vehicles at Tanda Tula Safari Camp, 3 tents will be made unavailable to other guests. (Rate includes: accommodation private vehicle, ranger & tracker, all game drives & walks, all meals & drinks - as per our standard rates)
- Terms | Conditions
Tanda Tula Field Camp is exclusively set up and taken down for each safari and the locations will vary throughout the year depending on the seasons and game activities. The field camp guests are hosted by a carefully selected, handpicked team that includes a personal guide, tracker, chef and general camp staff. Tanda Tula Field Camp consists of four custom-designed tents and a communal mess tent / lounge accommodating a maximum of 8 guests. The tents are charmingly appointed each with two ‘military-styled’ campaign beds, luggage racks and packing trunks. Each tent has its own open air bathroom with a hot water bucket shower and eco-loo as well as the necessary luxury amenities. Each of these features add to the adventure of what is the field camp experience.
- The field camp is available on an exclusive-use basis only. It can accommodate a maximum of 8 guests and a minimum of 2
- Minimum stay of 3 nights is required for all bookings
- The field camp operates from the 1st of March to the 31st Of October annually
- There is no electricity. The camp features oil and solar lanterns
- The camp is ideal for families and friends travelling together who prefer exclusivity
- Guests should be adventurous and enjoy walking and tracking big game on foot
- Guests must be walking fit and should be able to manage a 10 mile walk
- Children from the age 12 are welcome (full rates will apply)
The experience at Tanda Tula Field Camp is unlike most other safari camps. In a completely exclusive concession, the field camp guests will rediscover the true African walking safari, just as the early explorers did. Immersed in nature, the walking safaris are led by some of Southern Africa’s most experience guides and trackers. The focus is on tracking big game on foot. Guests can expect to track lion, elephant and rhino as well as all other game species in a very informative and exciting experience, bringing you closer to nature. A typical day at Tanda Tula Field Camp will consist of the following activities.
Early Morning Routine & Game Walk
Just after sunrise – morning wake up. You will meet in the mess tent for coffee, tea, rusks and hot porridge. You will then depart with your field guide and tracker for a 3 to 4 hour bush walk where you will track game, and learn the art of tracking, birding and tree and plant identification. Tracking and finding rhino or elephant on foot is not an uncommon occurrence! You will then return to camp mid-morning where you will be welcomed with a hot water bush shower, followed by a sumptuous brunch.
After brunch, you can relax under the trees, have a siesta in your tent, or take it easy in the mess tent area where a selection of books and games will be available. This is a great time to do a bit of bird watching or tree identification with your field guide. The Field Camps are completely unfenced and animals are able to move freely through the camp during the day and night.
Late Afternoon Routine & Game walk
Afternoon tea and coffee and a selection of savoury and sweet snacks will be served, before the group departs on a short afternoon bush walk lead by your experienced guide and tracker. Following your afternoon walk, sundowners will be served before going on a short game drive that will end back at camp.
Upon arrival back in camp, aperitifs will be served around the fire followed by the chef’s very special bush dinner prepared over the coals. Listen to the nocturnal sounds and learn a little about African history and folklore, before getting comfortable in your tent and falling asleep to the sounds of nature.
Tanda Tula Field Camp consists of four custom-designed tents and a communal mess tent / lounge accommodating a maximum of 8 guests. The tents are charmingly appointed each with two ‘military-styled’ campaign beds, luggage racks and packing trunks. Each tent has its own open air bathroom with a hot water bucket shower and eco-toilet as well as the necessary luxury amenities. Each of these features add to the adventure of what is the field camp experience.
Exclusive use only, maximum 8 guests, no children under 14. Field Camp offers total exclusivity with a private guide (with specialised walking expertise), tracker and 4x4 ensuring a truly tailor-made and authentic safari experience of a bygone era.
- All tents are
- Exclusive use, mobile style en-suite tented camp, all meals, local soft drinks, beers, spirits, house wines & morning and afternoon teas and coffees
- Tanda Tula Field camp only operates during the dry months from 1 March to 31 October 2017.
- Flexible experience including daily guided morning and evening walking safari and game drive combinations
- 14% VAT
- Cellar wines, champagnes and all imported spirits & beers
- Curios, gratuities & telephone calls
- Transfer to and from outside the Timbavati and Tanda Tula Camps
Timbavati Conservation Levy * per person once off payment
- 2016 - R 200 2017 - R 215
Vehicle entrance fee payable at the Control Gate (self-drive quests only) * per vehicle
- 2016 - R 170 ZAR per vehicle 2017 - R 180
Per person landing fees at Rock Fig private airstrip
- 2016 - R 250.00 ZAR per night 2017 - R 275
- Balance of payment is due not later than 45 days prior arrival in low season and 60 days prior to arrival in peak season.
- For group bookings (4 tents ore more) balance of payment is due 60 days prior to arrival.
- For any reservation made 30 days or less prior to arrival , full payment is due immidiately.
- Children aged 14 and older are welcome
In compliance with the game walking policy of the Kruger National Park, no children under 14 years are allowed on game walks .
- Cancellation 59 days or less prior to arrival: 100% of total accommodation.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Provisional reservations may be held for a limited period of time, after which time the Agent/Operator is required to either release or confirm the reservation by paying the applicable deposit.
Valid all year
- For any reservation made 30 days or less prior to arrival, full payment is due immediately.
- Payment of 25% of the total reservation value within 21 days of confirmation (refundable on terms of cancellation).
- Payment of the balance due at 60 days prior to arrival
- *NB: In high volume periods, confirmation of bookings is required within 21 days of having made the booking, all confirmed bookings will be required to pay a 25% non-refundable deposit
- 60 days prior to arrival: full payment
- 4 tents or more
- 90 days prior to arrival: final review and unsold tents to be released.
- Deposits will be requested at the full discretion of the Reservations Manager.